• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Read the Spell Section's Rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ok guys, its time I announce you once again that breaking the rules in the spells section WILL result into warnings, if not into bans. Its over. No more mister nice Daelin. I've been trying to be gentle and tell you to read the rules and ignore rulebreaking. But this is it!

I've already seen too many spells which broke the rules either by being completely useless and completely bad made, using a minimum of triggers just to pretend that they are respecting the rules. Other spells were just Object Editor changed.

And with this, I also announce you that a new rule has been established in the spells section. If you use WEU or other custom world editor (specifically to spells section), make sure you mention it either in the map's description or as a first comment so people who download it know that you actually used a custom editor. I thought more than once that those spells were protected and thank god that I had WEU. If not, I could've warned those people, considerng that they broke the rules through map protection.

Here is the link for the spell rules: http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?t=4966 . And yes, talking about rules, not many read them. Come on people, the rules which are there for ages don't even have 300 views and my import tutorial has more than 900, and it was posted just the last month?

This is the last mass announcement about spell rules, and if you don't start respecting them, I will start punishing people. And with this I wish you a Happy Easter for those who are celebrating it at this moment!

~Daelin

Level 11
Yes and no. After I made the last announcement, very few people actually read the rules. And many spells have been posted even though they were against these rules. Thank god Vexorian is still here to delete them. That's the main reason why I made this announcement.

Oh, and to point out the WEU stuff.

~Daelin

Level 3
well said Daelin.
i think the problem is new people may not know what the spell section is for. i know i didnt when i first signed on but i think thats cos i ignored the rules section on spells and just read the sections relevant to me ie models and skins.

that just reinforces the point; READ THE RULES BEFORE YOU SUBMIT! and the other point; FOLLOW THE RULES LEST THOU INCURES THE ALMIGHTY MODERATORS WRATH!

and a happy (proper first-sunday after-equinox-unless-it-preceeds-jewish-passover) easter to you too
(for those who dont know about orthodox easter)

-I'm going to the special Hell-

Level 7
Alright, Daelin. Just don't go all Proudmoore on us and eradicate all the Orcs... I mean, rulebreakers...

Level 25
While we're complaining about rule breakers, I need to make it sure that you all KNOW (Not believe, but KNOW) that the REQUESTS section is where you put where you want a model to be made, NOT THE MODELS SECTION

I warn about 6 people a week for breaking that rule, how do you think I feel about my rules getting ignored? @_@

Level 11
orcfan32 said:
Well, I was wondering about things like Save-Load codes being submitted in the spells section, and my Explosions spell (wasn't REALLY a spell but nowhere else to put it) that was submitted a long time ago. Is that stuff aloud?

Lol, considering that rulebreaking would be prepostorous. Even Darky himself submitted such stuff. So they are obviously accepted.

And I finally notice that you people are starting to read the rules. This is a good start!

~Daelin

Level 16
Basically, it's a chance to drive away the cretin who think that because they changed the Blizzard icon the Frost Nova they're absolute spell geniuses. If you have great name for a spell, fine. Make some good spells to mix with them, and not make a crappy little piece that consists of "ooh! I made this orc blue! And he defies physics by flying over and using an earthquake with his ass!" Honestly, this is an extrmity of a quote, but with all the stuff Vex and Daelin go through, it seems pretty realistic here

Level 1
I'll sure read them!

Since i'm new here and i will do spells only,won't take long to read them.Ppl really have to motion themselfs to read and follow the rules if they think doing something on the section at all!

Level 4
I have question:
I have read in rules that you can't submit spells which only have some modified fields in object editor don't get accepted.But i think this might be useful,if you don't want to make a bunch of triggers.So i am asking do i have permission to submit it?

Status
Not open for further replies.