• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New modding team

What would be the best name? (no shit, vote seriously!)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I agree with Des being tech boss, and I eagerly await our first project, since I'd rather see this thing get into motoin in the near future...

...and I still say names are secondary, though it is needed if we want Des to start a proper website, imo...

Though starting a private website can be done AFTER we get on with our first project...

Come on, LiOneSS, how many more people do we need!?

Level 18
Alright I'm fine without using my personal web space as I was going to. (awardspace was just hosting a temp forum example.)
anyway can desk provide evidence of a website other than his homepage which is not good at all. (uses free css templates and is a free service.)

Just show to me he can actually produce a quality proper webpage, if he wants to call himself tech leader.
and even though i still say all of this is unnecessary to finding a project to even work on.

Kaitech[SanD];486000 said:
My fingers hurt so I'm about to stop typing.
LOL.
Personally, we dont need much in the way of forums as long as only team members can visit it, it can just be plain old white, free hosted forum, nothing super, But if DesKaladA wants to spend time on it idc.
i vote Desk but would like to see some sort of proof
Nobody needed proof to make lioness leader.. xD
Come on, LiOneSS, how many more people do we need!?
I think she just hasnt logged on too recenty, or else we would be started..

About the name, I wouldnt worry about it TOO much. We only really need a name once we release stuff. But the sooner we think up the name, the better, I gusse.

Level 18
well i would vote for something like
A long single player RPG. maybe add a multiplayer version as well.

If people do not like the idea of a large scale rpg,
i would recommend something simple to start with so the team can get a hang for working with each other, and it will help us figure out who is who and what they can do.

Level 1
I would like to join aswell, if it's not too late.

I'm relatively new to the Hive, but i'd like to do something to lend a hand.

I can't offer anything on the side of actually making the map itself, but I can lend alot to planning it. I'm quite the creative person, it's often been the case where i've had a great idea for a map (or five..) but never had the skill to actually do it. With any luck, some of those ideas may actually find their way to creation!

I have a large knowledge of Warcraft lore, also, so if you want me on board, I can offer lots of lore writing, ideas and suggestions, some story writing, and some spell making too.

Level 8
I would like to join aswell, if it's not too late.

I'm relatively new to the Hive, but i'd like to do something to lend a hand.

I can't offer anything on the side of actually making the map itself, but I can lend alot to planning it. I'm quite the creative person, it's often been the case where i've had a great idea for a map (or five..) but never had the skill to actually do it. With any luck, some of those ideas may actually find their way to creation!

I have a large knowledge of Warcraft lore, also, so if you want me on board, I can offer lots of lore writing, ideas and suggestions, some story writing, and some spell making too.

i need some proof cause you just first post in the hive.

For about the fourm i have contact bob27 for a private fourm here at the hive so,just wait.

Level 1
i need some proof cause you just first post in the hive.

Hehe, yeah, sorry, I meant "completely" new to the hive. Anyway, what kind of proof do you need? Spell making and story writing are my weaker points.

Level 10
uh.. listen trax, it will be baiscly impossible to get everyone on the chat at the same time due to the fact that we're from around the world!

Any name is fine with me, as long as that gets us closer to finishing a product!

Level 9
What do you have to offer if i join?

I can Jass good, my planning sucks like hell... Im serious. If you need a spell, i can most likely do it, if it isn't to complicated to code, though RL does restrict me and dedications as well.
Im in the Wc3WoW team and my Web spell is located in the resource section.
I can VJass, Jass(yes Jass. Wc3WoW forced me to since Grimoire doesn't like campaigns) and GUI... I suck with it but i know what im doing.

-Av3n

Level 15
What do you have to offer if i join?

I can Jass good, my planning sucks like hell... Im serious. If you need a spell, i can most likely do it, if it isn't to complicated to code, though RL does restrict me and dedications as well.
Im in the Wc3WoW team and my Web spell is located in the resource section.
I can VJass, Jass(yes Jass. Wc3WoW forced me to since Grimoire doesn't like campaigns) and GUI... I suck with it but i know what im doing.

-Av3n

Av3n we alrady have enoguh people but well keep you in mind if we need anyting els

I don't have much experience leading, but I have learned one VERY IMPORTANT FACT. You have to PLAN things, and make sure you don't over complicate things so that you get lost in it. Also, everything should be planned before any progress on the map is done. You will say why? Well working on a project for years, you may stumble upon one problem that will stop progress on the project forever. So, why don't you work on other project then? Create a random new one, heck, lets work. No. It is called a circle of death, the way the "best" things are never finished. So that is the way to work with big modding teams. Make sure your team is inspired. Don't go waaay too inactive. Then hope everyone finishes work on schedule. That is the way I concept "great" projects that are about to be finished.

Level 36
As the only Moderator here (Ht is never actively modding so he doesn't count :p) I'd like to forewarn you guys: Generally, when providing a forum for a Hosted Project, the Staff needs to see evidence of your work first. If we're going to provide you with our sponsorship, our support, we want to make damned sure that we're giving it to the right people, so as to make us look good. If this team just falls apart, no projects materialize, etc, how do you think it would make us look, putting our faith in shitty projects? Not very, so that's why I can imagine you may recieve a hesitative response from the Staff. But, perhaps, the combined experience and reputations of many of your members may justify the glory of your project and you will just get accepted anyway.

Regardless, good luck. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with, and since I have access to your (possibly to be created) forum on the Hive, I'm sure i'll find out soon enough :D

actually brad, I AM actively modding, its just problem that i always drop projects because of over complication and lack of planning :p And I want to change that. I am probably the most experienced-with-all guy here although I have been n00b just 2 years ago. Once that team is properly assembled and plan finished, we will start on the project. We cannot do anything without LiOnesS though (this was all her idea :p).

Level 18
Happy..."I am probably the most experienced-with-all guy here although I have been n00b just 2 years ago."
Lol your experience is a drop in a lake compared to mine. Then again I don't care who wants to think they are the leader.
All I know is something better start soon... or as with all things of this nature it will fail.

DesKaladA, you are not in charge of anything untill you can prove yourself.
which you have not done with your "website" which is a free template downloaded and uploaded with a small free script cnped into it.
Seriously when you can prove that you have knowledge of the subject then you can go for it.

Level 10
you know what?

...agh, just forget it... this project seems to be turning into nothing :/
I'll be around, someone PM me when we REALLY start doing something...
This bickering is useless and annoyig :S

Status
Not open for further replies.