• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New job listings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

New jobs have been listed relating to Blizzard's classic games!
  • Senior Software Engineer, Server
    Responsibilities
    • Implement server infrastructure changes to support new gameplay features.
    • Create conditions for experiences that look as good as they play.
    • Own implementation and curation of features new and old.
    • Combat hacking to improve multiplayer.
    • Diagnose and fix all the things: crashes, deadlocks, overflows, heap corruptions, etc.
  • Classic Games Test Lead, Quality Assurance
    Responsibilities
    • Be an expert in dynamic analysis techniques for verification and validation of a product.
    • Lead all test planning, execution, control, and closure phases for the scope of work for the test team.
    • Create the test plan and maintain it through all test phases.
    • Justify key resource allocation including test capability and environments.
    • Prioritize and schedule test efforts with stakeholder buy-in against competing initiatives.
    • Oversee bug maintenance, triage, and standards.
    • Establish, communicate, enforce clear entry, and exit criteria.
    • Develop and maintain positive business relationships with all test stakeholders.
    • Ensure test maturity develops by implementing lessons learned iteratively per test cycle.
    • Contribute towards the final risk assessment for the product.

These jobs are listed in addition to the old ones: Senior Software Engineer, Art Outsource Supervisor, and Software Engineer (no longer listed). It seems that Blizzard is really getting the ball rolling for classic game support. This can only spell good news for Warcraft III!

Attachments

• Careers.png
    Careers.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 122,113
Level 35
I wish a big game company would look for a psychologist. I'd dig that sorta thing.

They could sometimes use one.. researching certain decisions impact on the users, by taking a more physiological approach as to how the human mind works.

Anyway it does sound positive, while I was sadly disappointed when checking up on them, that none of them really fit something I could see myself applying for.

Status
Not open for further replies.