• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Speculation] Blizzard hiring some ppl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Join me to speculate as what Blizz is planning to do. They can hide their plans but they can't hide their needs, I mean jobs they want;

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/careers/directory.html#region=Global
Quite a lot of people to be hired :/
Hehe, they're hiring staff for sc2, even though the final exp for sc2 isn't that far away..? But they do talk about heroes of the storm there too, maybe it includes that too? Or maybe sc2 works as a secret cover for wc4 hehe :p

I doubt these are all full time jobs, for example the UI job, I don't believe you couldn't make a full time job outta UI designing o_O

Also;
UNANNOUNCED GAMES/PROJECTS

3D Character Artist
3D Weapons Artist
3D Character Animator
Environment Artist
Lead 3D Character Artist
Senior Software Engineer, Console
Software Engineer, Graphics / Engine
Ah, unannounced games :p This is 99% of the reason I even am interested in the whole jobs page. So they wanna hire 3d artists, environment artists and software engineers? Hmm... Could it be the Starcraft MMO? If so it says console at that "Senior Software Engineer, Console" so could they be making an MMO for console? :p yummy !!

Edit:
WORLD OF WARCRAFT

3D Character Animator
Environment Artist
Art Director
Concept / Visual Development Artist (Character)
Concept / Visual Development Artist (Environment)
Director of Business Operations, WoW
Engineering Manager, WoW
FX Artist
Lead Concept Artist
Production Director, World of Warcraft
Senior 3D Character Artist
Senior Game Designer
Senior Software Engineer, Engine
Senior Software Engineer, Server
Senior Software Engineer, Tools
Web Front End Engineer
ARE THEY KIDDING?? They still are hiring ppl for Wow? Just let it die ffs..

Edit2: They're urgently needing an user interface designer for heroes of the storm.. they got that right lol :p Its ui sucks

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I didn't mean as a logical point... I meant as a Warcraft 3 fanboy :(

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I don't believe you couldn't make a full time job outta UI designing o_O
There are tens of thousands of people employed world wide permanently for UI design. The entire mobile industry depends on them.

Ah, unannounced games :p
Probably Titan. It was put on hold for a long time due to technical issues with the core game engine (thus why RoS was stream lined for release so quickly as they basically shuffled most of the Titan team onto RoS).

ARE THEY KIDDING?? They still are hiring ppl for Wow? Just let it die ffs..
Seeing how WoW has 100s of full time developers, they need a fair share of continuous recruitment to keep the game staffed as people come and go all the time, especially in American companies with no employee loyalty.

What do I mean? Simple things like firing people on a Friday so they do not have to pay for the week at work are common practice in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.