• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Item Classification: Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted about this on the Reforged forums, too:
New Item Classification: Community

Here is what I suggested on that forum:

Because WarCraft III loads separate game data from Custom_V1 for custom maps than it does from the root directory, and handles user data/game data rawcode ID collisions in a manner favoring the user data, the WarCraft III engine is already ready and able to accept new items added to the Custom_V1\Units\ItemData.slk table for custom maps that don’t change melee balance and don’t break custom games.

Knowing this to be the case, I believe that a new item Classification should be added to provide new and additional functioning item presets for custom map builders. The new classification could be named Community or Reforged and would not be included with random item pools unless the user chose to include them in the Reforged World Editor.

You can tell me this is a pipe dream because Blizzard has no time for this, but I believe it is worth the attempt at building hype that might allow community members to become a part
of the game. To decide what items to add, I suggest that everyone each post one new item description of their choice below. Here is an example:

Name: Marin’s Other Elixir
Icon: Inv_potion_83 (from World of WarCraft)
Extended Tooltip:
Causes the Hero to be transformed into a random critter for 30 seconds. However, while transformed the Hero will appear to be neutral to enemy players, allowing it to pass undetected through enemy territory.

The effect of this potion may be dispelled as though it were caused by a hostile unit.

History
When Marin Noggenfogger’s first elixir turned too many of his customers into skeletons, he decided to concoct something more docile.

Status
Not open for further replies.