• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

When removing bots you also remove cg ladders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Without host bots there is no way to create ladders for custom game communities. There used to be a Dota League, risk league, etc. The bots provided the servers with scores from the game to update their user data statistics to find out who was the best. I feel like some attention should be put into making this possible again.

Last edited:
Some still used your mentioned defined standard to save such ranking information (metadata) right before game ends.

But now instead of bots doing such things automatically, the game replay needs to be saved, and anyone can upload the game-replay at any time at a for this specified site: Warcraft III Stats

The linked site is aware of the format of saved data, and it will use the replays's metadata to re-create the statistics on their website.

The used standard is W3MMD vjass library. PBug90/w3gPlus

The W3MMD library isn't really updated, due to it's just very old. It for example doesn't support 24 Players in it's native form. And I would definitly recommend to read its documentation before using, as some reported desync issues, or other potential issues. I'm not very sure though if reports are legit, or not.

===

.pld files are created somewhere under "Documents\Warcraft III "

Level 15
Some still used your mentioned defined standard to save such ranking information (metadata) right before game ends.

But now instead of bots doing such things automatically, the game replay needs to be saved, and anyone can upload the game-replay at any time at a for this specified site: Warcraft III Stats

The linked site is aware of the format of saved data, and it will use the replays's metadata to re-create the statistics on their website.

The used standard is W3MMD vjass library. PBug90/w3gPlus

The W3MMD library isn't really updated, due to it's just very old. It for example doesn't support 24 Players in it's native form. And I would definitly recommend to read its documentation before using, as some reported desync issues, or other potential issues. I'm not very sure though if reports are legit, or not.

===

.pld files are created somewhere under "Documents\Warcraft III "

I've managed to extract a json file from that site you refered me to containing custom data from a test map. I would like to test using pld files directly instead of replays. Is there any guide somewhere on how to encode pld data and decode it outside of warcraft3?

I would like to test using pld files directly instead of replays. Is there any guide somewhere on how to encode pld data and decode it outside of warcraft3?
What do you mean exactly? If you want to upload .txt or .pld file or other format to this site, then I don't know if the site owner does support such things. I have no experience with the site, or the site owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.