1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

When removing bots you also remove cg ladders

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Pinzu, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Pinzu

Pinzu

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Without host bots there is no way to create ladders for custom game communities. There used to be a Dota League, risk league, etc. The bots provided the servers with scores from the game to update their user data statistics to find out who was the best. I feel like some attention should be put into making this possible again.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  2. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yes you can with preload natives and creating a data statistic site which reads .pld files.

3. Pinzu

Pinzu

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Would the user manually have to submit the file? Also where is the .pld file saved? The current solution that I've seen is to have a discord bot where you submit screenshots of a code generated when the game ends.

4. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Some still used your mentioned defined standard to save such ranking information (metadata) right before game ends.

But now instead of bots doing such things automatically, the game replay needs to be saved, and anyone can upload the game-replay at any time at a for this specified site: Warcraft III Stats

The linked site is aware of the format of saved data, and it will use the replays's metadata to re-create the statistics on their website.

The used standard is W3MMD vjass library. PBug90/w3gPlus

The W3MMD library isn't really updated, due to it's just very old. It for example doesn't support 24 Players in it's native form. And I would definitly recommend to read its documentation before using, as some reported desync issues, or other potential issues. I'm not very sure though if reports are legit, or not.

===

.pld files are created somewhere under "Documents\Warcraft III "

5. Pinzu

Pinzu

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've managed to extract a json file from that site you refered me to containing custom data from a test map. I would like to test using pld files directly instead of replays. Is there any guide somewhere on how to encode pld data and decode it outside of warcraft3?

6. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    What do you mean exactly? If you want to upload .txt or .pld file or other format to this site, then I don't know if the site owner does support such things. I have no experience with the site, or the site owner.

7. Pinzu

Pinzu

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This still suffers from users having to upload such data themselves. No?

8. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yes, they would have to upload to the site, it's not really that hard. But this isn't exactly a topic exactly which i'm experienced on.