• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Good Custom Maps for W3Champions Ladder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
As you might know already, W3Champions recently announced to host funmap matchmaking featuring their mmr based ladder system. Footmen Frenzy is confirmed to be the first inclusion and LegionTD is likely to be the 2nd. I think this is a pretty big deal because this will probably be the best ladder experience ever for custom maps and the first existent matchmaking for it since blizzard disabled host bots.

Now that the server infrastructure is there, what would be your favorite custom maps to include? The requirements would probably be sth. like:
  • competitive nature of the map, i.e. avg. game lengths of 10-60 minutes, strategical depth and high replay value.
  • active developer (team) or a clearly distinguishable and bug free most recent map version.
  • ideally an existent player community so that the game mode sustains itself and doesn't just draw activity from other game modes.

My dream would be a Wc3 implementation of DotA AutoChess, but after doing some research it seems like all attempts didn't really lead anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.