• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How many of you still play wc3 actively?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
It's a self explanatory question. I noticed that the game has been pretty much dead for the past several years (and it's only going to get worse), and while it is sort of old now in gaming standards, the bulk of the blame goes to Blizzard for completely not giving any shit about it other than basic maintenance (even though there would be no Blizzard without Warcraft franchise).

Nevertheless, I still play every now and then, I probably always will. There's always a custom game to jump into or a melee game with CPU to engage in. So how active are you? I play about few times a week, though trying to host a game is a major pain in the ass, and hardly anyone plays good old maps anymore.

By the way if you feel like playing anything (melee, custom, whatever), you can always add me on Northrend (Europe) if you feel inclined to do so, my acc is the same as it is here, E.M.C, or if you're not on EU, a plethora of bots host on all realms nowadays.

Last edited:

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I spend, like, 95% of the time in Editor, so I rarely play the game itself.

Level 5
A bit of a shame if you ask me. Like a programmer that looks at the code, without never playing what he makes.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Yeah, but I played it for years, without touching the World Editor. I wanted to try something new.

Level 12
Currently I can not play due to several reasons, one being time.
So I just get in here to give some small answers mostly from off the top my head.

I will start playing and map making again some day though.

Level 4
The only thing that's dead about w3 is battle.net (high ping, 3rd party programs and outdated map pool), which has been replaced by w3arena(europe) and yy client(china). I'm among those playing there, but for a new player (or someone who comes from battle.net) it would be probably a frustrating experience (my first 10 games were losses and it took some time to get better).

Level 21
I now mostly play in gameranger. It's quite easy to host there.
Although, I also spend more time in the editor than playing. When I do play, then I'm not usually open to new maps unless they are custom-made by the people I am playing with and at least somewhat decent. (Although I will always play at least once, just to know if it's worth it).

People like me are partly the reason why Wc3 has become so inactive.

If someone else created an active gaming community within Wc3, then I would surely join it. Atm it just feels pointless to play random maps though, because firstly there are so few people and secondly most of them are bad or stereotypical.

Level 14
I spend a lot of time with the editor, but I consider that part of playing WC3 because I enjoy it so much. I also spend a lot of time testing out new things in my campaign. I'm a singleplayer so I like to either play my own campaign or try other maps for inspiration or to alleviate any boredom. Luckily I don't really play any multiplayer so even if WC3 does die I can still play as much as I do now.

Level 3
I came back to the game this sunday. Haha.
Think I quit playing like 3-4 years ago.. Loved playing all the custom games.

Have a friend of mine joining in again aswell. Though I must say, alot has changed - not all for the good :(. All these bot's hosting games (empty!) is kind of annoying :/.

Used to have MAD fun just editing known games a little, or making a stupid one of my own. Just hosting it & having it full within 5 minutes.
Doesn't happen with all these bots :(

Still have fun again though. Was just browsing some wc3 YT video's, and the nostalgia came back :p

IF anyone wants to ADD me - i'm on northrend (Europe); name is "Zog".
Preferably custom games ;P

Level 21
I recommend moving on to gameranger or some other similar service. Battle-net is not properly managed and that's why bots can be so rampant. I use gameranger because my internet connection doesn't naturally make me able to host, but gameranger fixes that(like garena did before they blocked most countries).

Level 3
I recommend moving on to gameranger or some other similar service. Battle-net is not properly managed and that's why bots can be so rampant. I use gameranger because my internet connection doesn't naturally make me able to host, but gameranger fixes that(like garena did before they blocked most countries).

Mmmh, what do you mean gameranger? Is it needed for me to host games, or what is the use of it?

Haven't got a clue what these things are haha

Level 5

I never used game ranger a lot. How many people actually play wc3 on it?

Garena and gameranger are for playing online. On gameranger there might be bots, but I never encounter them.

Garena has gone to shit, they disabled LAN playing.

Level 5
I came back to the game this sunday. Haha.
Think I quit playing like 3-4 years ago.. Loved playing all the custom games.

Have a friend of mine joining in again aswell. Though I must say, alot has changed - not all for the good :(. All these bot's hosting games (empty!) is kind of annoying :/.

Used to have MAD fun just editing known games a little, or making a stupid one of my own. Just hosting it & having it full within 5 minutes.
Doesn't happen with all these bots :(

Still have fun again though. Was just browsing some wc3 YT video's, and the nostalgia came back :p

IF anyone wants to ADD me - i'm on northrend (Europe); name is "Zog".
Preferably custom games ;P

Added you, my name is the same as the name here.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

No, I only play LoL (99% of time).

Level 1
I noticed that anime maps are still very active, as well as their player bases. I particularly still play a lot, mainly custom maps like Element TD and Castle Fight. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.