• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Do you still play Custom maps on B.net ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi,

this message may be ridiculous but what i describe really pisses me off

-- boring part 1 --

warcraft 3 is my favourite game because of the awesome maps people made and because it's multiplayer.
It's been 2 years I have hard times to play custom maps, and since months it's very very hard.

I used autorefresh long ago, then I used pkp listchecker and not makemehost because at that time it lagged as hell, then I played with bots (autohosted) but now they only host shitty maps and the same map, then I used bgn bots and makemehost bots because I couldn't play otherwise.
And now I CANT play !

-- boring part 2 --

I mean when I host ninja vs samurai, i got nobody in the lobby most of the time, if i keep rehosting (with bots) then i can get 3 guys and play 2v2 ok...

Same for most maps, and Ninja Vs samurai was famous and is not a heavy map...

For example, impossible to play parasite 2 (even parasite 3), vampirism beast, swarm/farmfield rampage, wire wardens, against the darkness, many many maps
Even when I try to play Warlock on my clan bot I have to wait 20 min to get 1 or 2 beginners...

----------

So now i stopped playing and i'm very annoyed by this.

1) Did you stop playing too because of that ?

2) Are there alternatives ? (don't say Garena, it's the same shit, gameranger is worse)

3) I wonder if someone tried to contact blizzard about this fuckin problem and if they got negative answer.

"blizzard makes no money from wc3 so they wont make anything" i bet i'll have to read that kind of answer

Level 11
Battle.net1 is almost dead, and the player count is pretty low, so finding players for custom games takes a long time. And "traditional" hosts dont have the patience to wait, so thats why theres only bots left. And they host those same games over and over again.

And Blizzard doesn't care about WC3 anymore. No new patches in years (except the minor 1.26) and they dont even ban hackers anymore, so don't expect them to do anything about the bot problem.

So the only way to play your favorite custom games is to gather a bunch of friends and play on LAN.

Level 4
Everyone on TFT seems to join mainstream games on auto host bar a few games on makemehost such as mafia and other rp games which full fast.

It's for this reason that I moved to RoC. many games are not available to play on RoC, but the games that I host actually fill. You mentioned warlock, if your into click skill games, there are many clans on RoC for this sort of thing. With bnet dying, your best bet is to get into a community like this.

Level 9
"I play on Garena and every time I play there I have fun. No leavers, etc. "

i played there, there are fuckin bots, they spam the channel, the only way to attract people to your custom games (differents from legion td), there are 8 games max at the same time on each room (3 rooms) with almost all the itme the same custom maps.
When you try to host something different, nobody come or they join, say nothing then leave.

Kala, the player count is pretty low ? i didn't know ty

Yes playing Mafia on makemehost is possible, but with such stupid guys... and stupid modes... (ye nobody agree with me lol)

but thank you for the tip about playing on RoC, however i don't know any maps which can be played there (only hunrgry hungry felhounds)

Level 4
Some good maps playable on RoC are:

-Many Mazes+Slides (I could name a few if you want, e.g LoaM)
-Broken Alliances, similiar to games like Azeroth Wars for RoC.
-Hero Line Wars RoC (hero line wars obviously)
-100 Rounds/101 Rounds, dodge game
-Bomberman, based on the classic game
-Platform Escape, use arrow keys for a maze like game
-Elite Snipers, click skill game (The game I play if u wanna come to Clan SNG@EU!)
-Hero Wars Icelands, fun AoSish game, very popular and fills very fast!
-Vampirism
-Sheep Tag
-Kodo Tag
-Ninja vs Samurai
-Footmen Wars

My name on Battle.net is AgentTex if you wanna add me (You probably know me, pretty sure we've met before playing Warlocks)

Level 9
ok i played base td on ROC but there are very few games shown in the list

i wonder which vers of ninja vs samurai can be played

and I got warlock099b.w3m that should work but my bot clan hosts only on TFT so lame :x

So most of the custom maps lovers play with friends or in LAN, it's sad :x

Level 4
I will give you access to my clan bot so you can host what you like. Bots name is Generation. (Btw warlock doesn't work)

Level 6
I think I'll leave WC3 battle.net for good very soon. I really love these custom maps, but what you can play there regularly are only DotA (which I hate) and Legion TD (which I like but've had enough of it). I host games sometimes, but it's impossible to collect people before evening, and in evening people come only to a few maps (Uther Party, Civilization Wars, Castle Fight, Pyramid Escape, Angel Arena and few more). All these maps I know by heart already, and other maps don't collect people.

Sorry to say, but it's SC2 time now. Gotta buy it soon, leaving WC3 only for map making.

Level 7
Guys just use Make me Host...

I host my costom maps through alot and I rarely have to wait any longer than 10 minutes, it really is a great hosting service, prolly the only thing keeping wc3 bnet alive. But it can be abit lagy if lots of other people are using it at times. If i host the same map myself (not through MMH) no one joins, thats just the way bnet is.

If you don't want to host a game go to make me host and click bot que and you can see all the games being hosted, there is normally atleast one that attarcts me to it to join and people rarely seem to host Dota maps.

Level 9

read messages before posting plz, or understand them that's better

even with makemehost it's now impossible unless you play the same maps over and over hosted by the autohost bots or titan land maps lol

Level 6
DotA may be very nice for some people. But how can you play even the best map ever every day, many times a day? Everyone wants a difference, and, as I know, for example, many top SC2 1v1 players sometimes go 4v4, or custom maps, or matches against fans, or else because it gets pretty boring to play the same 1v1 matches all the way.

I absolutely love Legion TD. But I've played it so many times that I remember by heart attack/armor types of every possible unit, I know many wisps/lumber upgrades timings, hundreds of builds and so on. It's still fun to play on high level, especially against other high level players, but I just can't play it often now, it gets really boring.

Level 7
I play custom games in Malaysia rooms in Garena...however, I would strongly advise against playing in these rooms without friends. You risk meeting at least one jerk per game when playing in custom map rooms, and more often than not the entire team are foulmouthed, elitist leavers who spew out curses for various reasons, typically winning or losing in DotA rooms.

70% of the community are illiterate idiots who play DotA.
10% of the community are literate idiots who play DotA.
5% of the community are sane people who play DotA but they eventually turn into idiots from exposure to excessive idiocy
10% of the community are illiterate/literate idiots who play massively imbalanced maps like FOC, RVN, and weird RPG maps that take 30 minutes to level up once using right click, where dps classes outshine caster classes so much, it's stupid, where the level cap is 90000000000...etc.
5% of the community are players who have found friends and had recovered from nearly irreversible brain damage.

^ my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.