• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Poll] Is having a separate client for Classic a bad idea?

Would you like to have separate clients for Classic and Reforged?

• "I don't know what this is all about, but I'll play along" (c) Thrall

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello, long-time lurker here.

A few days ago I made a thread on official Reforged forums asking the developers to release the Classic version for free and keep it separate from Reforged - at least, until the latter gets all the necessary fixes:
Two versions should exist separately

The thread quickly became buried under the waves of new topics created by other disappointed users, and, apparently, no Blizzard community manager came across it.

The recent update from the devs does not address custom campaigns and other matters important for the map-making community. It also does not mention the Classic client as viable option for those who wish to keep the same experience they had with the game prior to the Reforged update.

In my opinion, a separate Classic client would be a reasonable solution to current problems with the game - at least, for the time being. What do you, guys, think?

Level 14
YES it should had. Furthermore if they were going to MERGE the Clients like they did they should of left the fucking game alone and not bothered us these last 2/3? years with bugfest patch after bugfest patch.

We have seen their handywork and patches long term already.

I think we all know reforged is fucked.

Level 18
I don't like how the fourth option basically says it's impossible to have cross-play with separate clients, thereby also implying that you're okay with splitting the community even further if you pick the first option.
That said, I 100% want the old TFT client back, even if it really did split the playerbase.

Level 11
I don't like how the fourth option basically says it's impossible to have cross-play with separate clients, thereby also implying that you're okay with splitting the community even further if you pick the first option.
Updated the poll with a new option that better reflects my own position:
"Only as a temporary solution until Reforged gets back all the missing features".

Revoting is allowed.

Last edited:
Level 8
It's not a problem to have the same. The problem is to downgrade the game and give a shit menu/client to both games.

Status
Not open for further replies.