• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Level 12
Thank you for another Christmas gift Shar Dundred!

What factions have we seen and not played as?
Adding both factions that has not been played with or against and factions that has only been played against.
-Neutral
Green Dragons? Featured in a screenshot earliuer, maybe we get a mission with them as golden guard allies and then they get added in next mission?

-Imperial Regiment?
Phoenix regiment?
Falcon regiment? Aveen Elvir seems like a character that needs more screentime. We only get her seem more reasonable than the rest and informing Gardon about the Golden Guard and give you fliers. (Rebellion)
Bear regiment? (Wolf, Bull and Dragoon has beeen used)

Level 10
Alright, now Goldaxe could play its strengths, I tried Map 5 for good... And I already mmiss the Shieldbearers. Went for a South/North sweep of the Royal/Imperial bases, and had managed to time it so by the time I destroyed the first Castle, the second one followed suit very quickly.

But it left me with the Order of Arcane... Let's call getting these clowns a potential bribe for the Dominion in the future for the love of whatever. Between their Binds, Slow, Star Rains and their bloody Hero with Starfall and mass Sleep, they ate attack waves after attack waves with virtually no damage to their base with insane crowd control, blunting the attacks before lasting damage could be done. All while Redfist waves and Golden Guard came in to ruin the efforts made. The fact this horror of a base is so spread out for a midboss one also means they will regroup another wave to throw at your face, and you gonna suffer, even if you time it to go with the Dark Trolls. I want them to suffer when we gonna play the next maps with the Dominion (and the Undead).

Golden Guard was actually easier afterwards, with the DTs blunting their attacks while I built a base to block them, then throw my onw waves through their teeth. Very satisfying to finally kill them after that.

Level 17
Do you plan to add a projectile animation to Grella by the next update or is she still going to use her mind powers to damage foes from the distance?

Oh oh and I have suggested ideas for future Tribal Dominion Leadership Boni.

Amari-Needs to be revamped or rework by later chapters because currently her boni heavily focuses on Orc champions that will be inevitably replaced later by new Allies. Also known as the Ogres Maulers and Shieldbearers(My favorite ground army combo). So may I suggest a Future Boni that focuses more on the heroes of the Dominion and their stats base?

Champions of the Dominion:
"Permanently increase all hero HP by 500, Mana by 200 and attack damage by 5"

For Borrean or that Bearman Chieftain- Since the secret weapon of the Domion is officialy revealed, I have to say his boys are pathetic in combat. The Bearman Gladiator gets outclassed by Ogres in the Brute force contest and eventhough they have ridiculous armor stats they can't tank as much as Shieldbearers do. Plus, their spell casters, eventhough 2 out of the 3 spells are for healing, their healing output is pretty meh compared to the Witch Doctors. So I would suggest this kind of Leadership Boni to better suit the Bearmen combat capabilities.

The Last Tribe's Wrath:
"Increase the Attack damage by 5 or 10 and attack speed by 10% for Gladiators and Herbalists"

Lore for the Last Tribe's Wrath:
"The Koydoss tribe have witnessed both their own home, The pearl of Lor, and their kin getting consumed and corrupted by an unknown evil. Believing that they are the last of their own kind, the Chieftain of the Koydoss tribe has taken a risk in allying themselves with unlikely allies. Now, the Tribe has entered a war that they have never witnessed before, but they must fight for the sake of their own kin's survival or they will face exticntion..."

The Murloc Hero Leadership boni- Since they are a comming new edition to the Dominion. May suggest this kind of Leader ship Boni.
The Murloc Hordes(If Murloc hero is the Iconic Murloc):"Incease the HP by 300 and armor by 2 to all Murloc Units."

The Bigger fishes(If the Murloc Hero is a Naga. Oh I hope you use Najentus model): Increase Behemoth and Gugarnauts' attack damage by 5 and HP by 500. Or Allows you to train or replace Murloc Behemoths with Murloc Gugarnauts. Gugarnauts can cast ice Shard and Crushing waves and summon a Sea Elemental.

Pigmen- another new edition to the dominion and the leadership Boni should focus on the Aggressive side of this allied race. I feel like the pigmen are either Fragile hard hittera or a well rounded frontline brutes.

The call to WAAAAAAAAAAR!:
"Increase the Attack damage by 10 and Attack rate by 10% to all pigmen units."

Lastly Brockta- Oh boy my favorite allied race. Ogres where my favorite unit and race ever since Warcraft 2. Big strong brutes that can pulvirize frontlines in matter of seconds! I can't wait for the Brockta and his Ogre legion's Chapters in the true story! So heres my idea for a Leadership Boni.

The Brutal Might of the Legion:
"Increase the attack speed by 10% and HP by 400 to Ogre Maulers and Ogre Magi"

Well thats all Ive got what you guys think of these ideas?
I like all of those proposals.
I'll like to introduce some as well:
For Murlocs:
Breed of the seas: Allows Murlocs to tame and train dragon turtles and hydras.
-As allies of the skullblade clan, the murlocs saw how the green skins tamed some beast and feral creatures to put in use. Some Murlocs are brave enough to face some predators of their kind, and with the help of their new friends, the predators will have new weapons to use. After all, the predator can become the prey.

Call of the elements: Allows Murlocs spellcasters and orc shamans to summon water elementals. Also increase the mana capacity of the spellcasters on 150.
-Some murlocs are cunning enough to call over the sea's power to aid them. The orcish shamans saw these with curiosity: if they can push their new allies to domain the water's power, both races can benefit for these new source.

Level 29
My review of Act Seven Chapter Five:
-While I hate the Redfists, I despise Zelech perhaps even more. He sounds so condescending while talking to others. It annoys me that we never got the chance to kill him in the Second Orc Book. I hope that changes in the True Story.
-Captain Feran is actually right that the Redfist will not stop until they are all dead. Even if they were to destroy the orcs, their thirst for revenge wouldn't be satisfied.
-Zelech claims that the Golden Guard aren't fighting the Emperor's enemies, which is kind of hypocritical since the Redfist only sees the Empire as a means to get their revenge. The Demons are invading, there's a massive civil war going on, and the Redfist are entirely focused on the orcs.
-Aridon might be a massive control freak, but his faction is the one with less dissension. The human factions can't stop bickering and criticizing each other even when facing an orc invasion twice!
-Apparently the scouts have forgot to mention that the Orcs are accompanied by other races as well. I would hate to believe that the scouts can't differentiate between orcs, dark trolls and goblins.
-I chose the Bloodhand Clan.
-I destroyed the Dwarves' bases.
-Those invisible Boar Regiment units are so annoying. Also, how are boars associated with stealth?
-I am liking the Destroyer more and more.
-The Golden Guard awoke something worse than a rabid beast. They awoke a beast that can be controlled.
-Dorbric is going to be so pissed
-Golden Guard criticize Dark Trolls when they are peaceful. They criticize Dark Trolls when they are violent. There are some people that just can't be pleased.

Level 12
What makes you think you have seen the faction yet? :p
Not saying that is not the case but you know.... ;)
I wanted to add in both types so that we could get the correct guess. Still betting on green dragons.
If we have not seen them before we have to go through all the Warcraft creep factions not implemented in Arkhain.
Reminds me of dota where most models were used for one hero or another.

Level 20
Ahm i dunno if this has been reported but it seems that i might have found a bug in the "Southern Realms" chapter. While the Dark Trolls are being killed and the cutscene begins I instantly quit it. This seemed to freeze every character in place, besides Amari,Okri and Grella, the only other units not affected by this seemed to be the new waves of Redfist soldiers spawning.
Tried to reload a save file after the bug happened and it and it didn't work either.

Gameplay wise nothing major changed in the first new chapter. The new spellcaster unit was a decent nuker/debuffer but I feel like He to suffers from what the necromancer also suffers from, they both get outshined by mass banisher spam to keep the front line alive up until the point you have produced enough Destroyers to win the game that way.

In Southern Realms chapter we did have a change for the better in the gameplay, the eastern goldmine being occupied by Dark Troll allied forces who become a real menace if you help them stay alive up until the point the awakened bloodlust event triggers, was a nice change.

So Brian pretty much trains all his apprentices in the same way, brainwash every underling... So was the deployment Darktrolls as the front base against the enemy a clever trick by Amari to manipulate Grella into wearing the Amulet and so adding another race as her personal puppet? Because i have a feeling good ol Amari will use this trick on other several characters then.
Also i find the interactions between Destroyer and Okri downright hilarious. I feel like he just cant help it but always pop up on her screen time and take away from it.
Meenwhile Brian has gotten a liking to Harassing Aridon's servants it seems.

Level 19
The Echos of War for the Finale of ACT 7 iz near... The Elven forest is at a civil war, while its dead corrupts the eastern part of their homes... The BLACK ARMY shall shroud this pathetic kingdom with its dark shadow...
As goes for the kingdom of the south...The Armies of Green gain much power as they recruit more allies to their cause... I can hear their marches stampeding into the arrogant kingdom of Salria... The Horsemen shall be a fine addition to the Horde...
Did you hear that? Fellow brethren of Arkain? The Legion shall join the horde soon... And as for I? I will be at last reunited with my leader.

Cheers to all! For this year 2023? WE SHALL COMMAND AND CONQUER ARKAIN AND ITS LANDS ONCE AGAIN!

And Lord of Shadows is Watching over us...

Level 8
very excited for the next chapters. the civil war between the elves and the recruiting of more races to the tribal dominion. it will be interesting. the politics and mind games of this series is too interesting to miss.

Level 29
Regarding the opening cinematic for Chapter Six of Act Seven:

"I expected more from you"
And most in Arkain expected more from you, Renova.

"... no longer welcome in my kingdom."
Considering that the Ironfist and Undead are marching towards the capital, your kingdom mostly consists of a single city. And even that will not be your kingdom for long.

Imagine if Renova was to find out that two of the Undead commanders were people she used to know.

I was already expecting Salana to have this fate. She was loyal to Renova, the Ironfist support Larine, and three of her bodyguards were Ironfist. In hindsight, she should have seen this coming from several miles away.

Salana was trying so hard to process what was happening that she pretty much went BSoD. Loyalty truly was her weakness.

Level 19
About the new WIP:
-Renova´s attitude is even worse towards humans during the true story. Jadira did help them with their armies but now leave because they know there are no profit, same as Hortnog talking to Grael but by human standards. Well, she won´t live much longer.
-Salana´s mind broked... why it has to be like that, Salana was a great character and one of the few that wanted to end the war and help his race improve, yet she became this. A tragic character pretty much like Aedale.
-Since we know that both Tormin and Herdon are alive after the second void war and Saphira saw Ferdal stabbing Salana... Well, he´ll die soon enough.
-Saphira´s great in this one and Haran always have your back.
-Salana surviving because the amulet gave by Rahandir. It seems Rahandir really aprecciate the Woodhunters enough to give them a life saving amulet.
-Durin, you just saw the stronger human of his generation, being an undead lich (even more powerful) pass your little magic defenses and barriers without issue. You can believe he can destroy the magic barrior in a wimp. You should have agreed...
-The ironfist trio will help us from the beginning or instigate an uprising in Golden Guard ranks during the Long live the Queen chapter no doubt
-Now Mira is in charge of the Red Guard (at least a part) so maybe they will join us even without Lera.
-I doubt Jadira truly is harmless, she must be hiding something.

I was already expecting Salana to have this fate. She was loyal to Renova, the Ironfist support Larine, and three of her bodyguards were Ironfist. In hindsight, she should have seen this coming from several miles away.
She went there to meet some scouts, perhaps she shouldn´t have gone alone but She had no reason to believe it was a trap from the Ironfist Trio.

Level 29
-I doubt Jadira truly is harmless, she must be hiding something.
Considering who her leader is, I wouldn't be surprised if Jadira is a demon herself.
She went there to meet some scouts, perhaps she shouldn´t have gone alone but She had no reason to believe it was a trap from the Ironfist Trio.
The problem is that she apparently never took into account the possibility that the trio was still loyal to Gardon. Gardon was the one that provided those three's services to Salana. She had to know that their allegiance was never 100% to her to begin with.

Level 19
Considering who her leader is, I wouldn't be surprised if Jadira is a demon herself.
Well, our fancy dreadlord didn´t flee the demon realms alone but with his most loyal followers, that would make sense.

The problem is that she apparently never took into account the possibility that the trio was still loyal to Gardon. Gardon was the one that provided those three's services to Salana. She had to know that their allegiance was never 100% to her to begin with.
Yeah, being in assigned to the golden guard to help the elves but still use his ironfist armor anyway should have been a clue.

Level 20
In hindsight, she should have seen this coming from several miles away.
I think that seeing traitors in such an extreme way, because of Gardon's mind control, ironically makes Selena worse at spotting traitors. If she's got the certitude that all treachery is unnacceptable and should be punished by death, it makes sense that she would think other people, especially those close to her, would think the same. The trio helped her get rid of traitors before and since duty and treachery were basically all that was left on her mind, I'd say that, with the time they spent among the elves, it makes sense they'd get pretty close.

Also I really like the idea that the trio tried to plead Salana's case before Gardon. Maybe with a little less mind control, treachery and invasion, they could have been friends.

Level 27
The new chapter seems like it will be something special. Anyway, here's my opinion.
  • Renova is as incompetent as always. She fails to protect her land and just let her courtiers do all the work, and now she even fails to escape.
  • So Salana got an even worse fate than in the SHB. Ferdal just mindlessly axed her while she's vulnerable, which is a shame. I'd rather she put up a fight first.
  • It is also revealed that Salana's necklace have healing properties or something similar, which is interesting. I'm sure that plot point will be further elaborated later on.
  • Haran'tel'kazor accompanying the Rohir Nexus makes sense. He can be Saphira's muscle so that the Ironfist will think twice about crossing her.
  • Mina is now torn between choosing the Ironfist who butchered her General, and the Queen who can't do shit. I hope that she'll survive the conflict somehow, instead of being caught in between the two sides. Maybe, it's up to Jadira's charisma to make the difference.
  • Based Rahandir fingered an elf to his death. He could have used Fist of Ice, although that would ruin the nice ceiling.

Pretty sure her words are her weapon. She makes other people think that it's beneficial to deal with her, while in actuality, she and her boss only cares about whoever brings the most profit. No profit = no allegiance.
As for why no one have killed her for that, she is either as elusive as a succubus (wink), or it's just that people don't want to kill a seemingly unarmed woman, unless their name is Rath or Zoia.
Yeah, being in assigned to the golden guard to help the elves but still use his ironfist armor anyway should have been a clue.
That simple thought process didn't even cross her mind, since she was so mindfucked, I think.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
So I could say a lot
Feel free to. ;)
Imagine if Renova was to find out that two of the Undead commanders were people she used to know.
Pretty sure one of them has an arrow with her name on it.
-Salana´s mind broked... why it has to be like that, Salana was a great character and one of the few that wanted to end the war and help his race improve, yet she became this.
To quote a certain elf: Gardon happened.
Not that he wanted it to go like this but he kinda went overboard there - he realized it too late though.
-Durin, you just saw the stronger human of his generation, being an undead lich (even more powerful) pass your little magic defenses and barriers without issue. You can believe he can destroy the magic barrior in a wimp. You should have agreed...
He is a stubborn old elf. Well, he was.
Something that needs to be taken into account since it is easily forgotten:
Neither Tormin and Herdon were always part of the Ironfist. As stated in the short story "The Iron Fists"
they served Selior Cleavehand before Gardon took half of Selior's army for himself.
Tormin originally hails from Isalmur - Herdon and Tormin have known each other for quite some time so
it is very likely that Herdon does as well.
Ferdal on the other hand was a disgraced knight of the Empire who would have suffered a cruel fate if
Gardon hadn't recruited him for the Ironfist.
Van Durce could be entirely certain how much loyalty they had towards Gardon - and Salana didn't really
consider Gardon the enemy given her ah mental state. That and she had other issues on her mind. Literally.
While for Ferdal it was very likely that he was very loyal to Gardon still - mind you he is the only one
of the three that wasn't promoted by the Golden Guard, that was no accident - Tormin's and Herdon's
loyalties were uncertain to people outside the Ironfist.
and now she even fails to escape.
Well, it is not as if Gardon and co would have let her escape.

Pretty sure her words are her weapon.
Words can be quite powerful.

Level 8
I do feel bad for salana. In SHB, i wanted her to fight alongside the rest of the ironfist as the queen along with lera. In True Story, she was honestly blind to the queen's incompetence and denies that she would be a traitor when the truth is the was going to abandon them to marry the emperor. Not sure if gardon wanted to brutally kill her for it though. I honestly thought he would do it silently or something since they have been allies against the demons and traitors before.

not that that's out of the way, i got a few questions. these may have been repeated before, but not sure where the questions were.
-Zelech vs Harmos, who would win?
-How big are the armies? We know the Golden Guard has many battalions and the Empire has many regiments, but how big are they really? and how big are the nexi, the tribal dominion, and zyainor?
-the amulet of discipline is actually the same as what korjaha the hunter had and was forced to serve orders. Amari used this amulet in order to control grella's bloodlust. What about Merlon's amulet then? though we know the amulet forces its wearer to obey the commands of the one who put the magic, merlon doesn't seem or look forced to follow gardon's orders. i mean, it was mentioned that he was in a pub or something.
-Destroyer vs Dorbric, who would win?
-Harmos vs Zelech, who would win?
-Gardon vs Amari, better wielder of shadow magic?
-Did Tregakh in Largoth possess the emperor or is he manipulating him?
-Is the Blackguard stronger than the bloodfist or shocktroopers from redfist.
-How well-versed are the grave wardens in necromancy?
-was general whitefield like a replacement for general greymoore? in SHB, blen was killed. But in SOB, blen would be part of the ironfist.
-what happened to the rest of the grey guard?
-does anyone have like older versions of the second and first books? there was a time i had some, but i accidentally overwritten the old ones with new ones. i just wanted to play the older versions for old time's sake.

Last edited:
Level 16
Oh, dear:
-Jadira could definitely be a succubus. So far, named succubi are: Ebira, Lisara and Nysara, and Jadira fits well with the names. It is pretty much confirmed Maronogin left with his inner circle and most trusted followers, so most of em could have disguised emselves well. With her penchant at oratory and charisma, Jadira rivals both Ebira and Lisara... if she is indeed succubus, she could've been former Master Assassin of Demon Legions before Lisara and succubus matron of Souleater before Ebira. Let's say Maronogin was strongest demon in his kind and his entourage would comprise strongest demons, so...
-Mina is getting development and she could very well become general of Larine in the future (thanks to certain amulet trinket...). Hopefully our cough certain succubus-in-disguise's speech of wisdom works its magic... it is also possible Lera could feature in next mission as part of Rohir forces aiding Saphira... mbe presence of both would sway Mina... I can smell Mina could possibly becoming Ranger hero to give her relevance later in the story.
-Not even a priest of light can't dispel winter of lich whose wrath earths hell with frost garlanded by grim consort of Death, Atrophy.
-Renova is Sas in life (the status sealed as of latest chapter) but perhaps become better in undeath/harrowed shadows...
-Ferdal... u better watch ur back or else scorning woman shades fine arrow to maim your pate... If Krom kills Merlon then Saphira might kill Ferdal... the warriors fell twice by archers...
-It is truly pity it came to this... Salana. If u denounced Renova, none of this would've happened. U would've had much better future as queen and Larine as ur general and Mina second-in-command. Gardon rlly should've thought this through... he could've contained even powerful ally... if she returns in the future, expect some... bad blood and buried trysts...
-So, we have Haran aiding us, cool. It seems Haran would be immediately deployed to Salria after Elven arc ends thro ubiquitious tunnels. Ironfist trio would get obliterated if they fancied clashing...
-It would be interesting to have some kind of choice in Long Live the Queen... would be cool to play as Undead or which nexus to have as our allies.

Level 17
Feel free to. ;)
After thinking and watched again the wip video, I have many ideas and speculations:
-As many of you said, Salana's fate is unfair. She was a useful pawn in the Ironfist's influence over the Elven Kingdom. Now that she is not longer useful for them, the easy way was just kill her cuz her instability.
-Thanks Saphira for show up in the right moment! I will never forgive those bastards for what they had done to Salana. I'm curious what could be Lera's reaction to see her teacher nearly kill by them.
-I'm agreed with many about Renova: She doomed her kingdom and her people. At least she doesn't want her half elven twins to die by the hands of the Ironfist, or worse since Birram could do something to them. They'll be in good undead cold hands I suppose.
-So Cora is with the main group of the Ironfist. Now that makes me wonder if the Knights of Kome will appear to stablishing a base in the place we need to destroy in SHB in order to have Cora and some of them. Perhaps even control Theoden of Kome in this mission?
-I guess we can't control Captain Ironside, just like Lera if she's still alive in the mission. What makes me wonder if in the middle of the battle the ironfist triumvirate will have a special dialogue with Ironside, show him that Van Durce's orders are for nothing.
-Mina surely doesn't trust the Ironfist, but She wants to reform her kingdom, people and finish the demons invasion. And now that Jadira makes her thinking it deeply, is just question of time that Red guard base turns traitors... or not.
-I saw an ironfist sorceress model along side with the current ones we saw for Banishers, Necromancers and Shadowmages. That makes me wonder if we'll have access to some of them during this mission. What their spells could be?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
not that that's out of the way, i got a few questions. these may have been repeated before, but not sure where the questions were.
-Zelech vs Harmos, who would win?
-How big are the armies? We know the Golden Guard has many battalions and the Empire has many regiments, but how big are they really? and how big are the nexi, the tribal dominion, and zyainor?
-the amulet of discipline is actually the same as what korjaha the hunter had and was forced to serve orders. Amari used this amulet in order to control grella's bloodlust. What about Merlon's amulet then? though we know the amulet forces its wearer to obey the commands of the one who put the magic, merlon doesn't seem or look forced to follow gardon's orders. i mean, it was mentioned that he was in a pub or something.
-Destroyer vs Dorbric, who would win?
-Harmos vs Zelech, who would win?
-Gardon vs Amari, better wielder of shadow magic?
-Did Tregakh in Largoth possess the emperor or is he manipulating him?
-Is the Blackguard stronger than the bloodfist or shocktroopers from redfist.
-How well-versed are the grave wardens in necromancy?
-was general whitefield like a replacement for general greymoore? in SHB, blen was killed. But in SOB, blen would be part of the ironfist.
-what happened to the rest of the grey guard?
Is it Arkain Question Time again already? :D

Level 20
So Shar off-ed Salana but not really (To keep the old head Salana loyalists happy)
Decided to put Lera in charge (apparently she has more fans that Salana, must be the red hair)
and ALSO WE GET TO PLAY WITH LERA AGAIN (i know i know technically Mina didn't join Larine but the extra added cutscene with the disguised succubi whatever her name is clearly hints at this)

Its barely the new year and we getting spoiled.

@Enki555

The reason why Gardon chose Larine over Salana was due to the fact that her innate hatred towards traitors would end up frying her brain when Gardon would eventually use his mind controlling abilities on her to betray Renova (this is clearly hinted on her confused attitude on the sneakpeak and also in the earlier chapters when we defend the capital from Retka)

Level 8
So Shar off-ed Salana but not really (To keep the old head Salana loyalists happy)
Decided to put Lera in charge (apparently she has more fans that Salana, must be the red hair)
and ALSO WE GET TO PLAY WITH LERA AGAIN (i know i know technically Mina didn't join Larine but the extra added cutscene with the disguised succubi whatever her name is clearly hints at this)

Its barely the new year and we getting spoiled.

@Enki555

The reason why Gardon chose Larine over Salana was due to the fact that her innate hatred towards traitors would end up frying her brain when Gardon would eventually use his mind controlling abilities on her to betray Renova (this is clearly hinted on her confused attitude on the sneakpeak and also in the earlier chapters when we defend the capital from Retka)
It's honestly sad that salana was killed, the main reason is because salana blindly followed renova even though she knew of her incompetence. it just shows her unwavering loyalty towards the queen.

Level 8
She was loyal, yes, but part of her blindness is due to Gardon messing up her necklace. As for why she's loyal in the first place, I guess that she's the type who wants to fix the broken system from the inside, rather than smash it and build a new one like Gardon.
yeah, i guess there are other ways to deal with the problem. damn, the politics of the human stories are complicated. the orc and undead stories are far less complicated than this imo.

Level 27
I mean, human irl is also complicated, politics or not, but that what's makes it interesting.

Not that the Orc and the Undead aren't interesting, of course, but just in a different, slightly teensy bit less relatable way.

Level 8
I mean, human irl is also complicated, politics or not, but that what's makes it interesting.

Not that the Orc and the Undead aren't interesting, of course, but just in a different, slightly teensy bit less relatable way.
yeah, my favorite among the books is definitely the human book. besides making a tyrant's decisions reasonable, it also shows us more personality between the characters. though i like blen's character, he's definitely a fairy tale-type of character, the others making decisions for the "greater good" is definitely an interesting concept in the books.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
It'll be a while before you can use them in the war for Salria. Thanks again @johnwar
WC3ScrnShot_010723_195448_01.png

FurbolgGladiator.gif
Have fun toppling the queen ladies and gents.

Level 19
Kasrkin does the Bearman representative/hero have a custom sound set cause currently he sounds uninteresting just boring growls. Have you and Shar considered getting and using some voice lines from dota 2 or Heroes of the storm heroes, cause most of the characters of Arkain suit well with some of the other character's voices.

Also, I know what's coming Shar Dundred? What I expect in the first invasion of Salria:
1.) Grella, Okri, the Destroyer (and Maybe Pechan) should have more screen time and some playtime with the player when invading this infamous map that I struggled to figure out how to win back when I was playing SOB. Because back in SOB these characters were lacking screen time to flush out their deeper Characters.
2.) ARE SHIELD BEARERS COMING BACK? You're bringing back Shield Bearers, right? Right? RIGHT???????
3.) More Unique Leader Ship Boni for each base. I know what you did at the end of the Rebellion mission Shar.
4.) Are PIGMEN and Murlocs finally Playable When playing this upcoming map?!?!?!

Level 17
Finished "Long live the queen":
-Dear Renova, you alone wrote your sentence. At least you made a good decision leaving your children with Rahandir. However, they won't miss you much when they find out what you did during your time as queen...
-Well, what happened with Mina was too obvious, I wouldn't want to stay with a queen that would lead us to ruin, but accepting a new queen who has too dubious allies is a huge long-term risk. I just hope the poor archer doesn't accept anything that comes from the Ironfist, those bastards already did too much damage.
-And speaking of bastards, those three ended up not only taking control of the base, but leaving my theory without any validation XD. Damn, poor Ironside and Pureheart, I thought they'd fill their minds with lies so they'd go rogue.
-If I were an elf and saw that my new queen wears the colors and armor of the Ironfist, and knowing what they have done with the rest of the soldiers who defended the kingdom... my wisest decision would be to escape. I could feel the fear in some of the civilians as Larine gave her speech.
-So Bloodclaw takes one of the triumvirate with him... Lera, Saphira, don't let me down, kill that bastard when you get the chance!

Regarding the gameplay:
-I love shadowmages, their presence is a blessing on this map.
-As soon as I had units, I went to destroy the base of the elven army. I was hoping the Knights of Kome would establish a base there, and perhaps control some additional hero of course, but having their units is also welcome.
-My personal recommendation is the following: As soon as the triumvirate takes control of Ironside and Pureheart base, help destroy part of the gold guard and red guard bases, and above all protect the base of the elven rebels since Riana and her things will take the slightest opportunity to completely destroy them, losing an ally.
-Somehow I managed to destroy the enemy red guard first and then the golden guard. As I said, my task was to protect the renegade red guard from Riana and her experiments, so I established a mini-base inside the elven base.
-If you can destroy the structures that create the assassins as soon as possible, much better, so they won't bother the route that leads to the enemy bases.

A very job, team Arkain. I will look forward to the next mission. I hope it's the fight against the forces of Salria and certain red armored idiots.

Level 20
Finished long live the queen :

On the gameplay side of things, very few things to say. The chapter is really solid, the multiple enemies are a challenge but the betrayals, the undead and the Knights of Kome make it possible.
Just one thing, it's kind of sad seeing the goldie conscripts all turn to ironfist units as soon as the base is taken by the Triumviate. Seeing the golden guard attacked by soldiers with the same armor as them was quite enjoyable in the original, I think a combined army of golden guard soldiers and ironbarks would be quite fun to watch. Still, having the commanders assassinated by the not so golden trio and the conscripts just following the motion fits both the ironfist and the golden guard better so I like the change overall (can't say if Ironside will agree though...)

I also always found funny that the queen's assassins have wiped out all creeps on the map. The queendom is facing these problems for years and the one moment the queen takes care of it is in the middle of a civil war.

Concerning the lore :
Intro : "unknowingly to the Ironfist, Aridon watches" : it doesn't mention Saphira's undead. This is going to sound crazy but I'm starting to think they haven't exactly rebelled :con:
Well, this order of the iron lance was not worth the effort to build it. Regardless, it helped making Mira change sides. Who knows what would've happened had Elath kept his mouth shut.
It's strange that the queen never is surprised at the undead and ironfist cooperating since at the beginning, she hopes that the two will just destroy each other.
If the "Emperor" is who he was in the books, then Renova giving her babies to the undead because of his influence is some great irony.
Well, the triumvirate is broken. Perhaps Herdon can replace Ferdal with some tree. More ironbarks for the future is always good. Still, it is weird we've never seen these elven druids (even if they're not combat mages).
Larine wearing ironfist clothes the moment the civil war is over is one way to get the message across. Poor Mira seems quite isolated, especially when Larine repeats that Salana supported her before dying. I wonder what'll happen to the new queen if she ever learns what really happened to Salana.
I just thought about it but... Lera is nowhere to be seen. Was she among the neutral elves ?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
It'll be a while before you can use them in the war for Salria. Thanks again @johnwar
I agree, @johnwar did an amazing job there!
2.) ARE SHIELD BEARERS COMING BACK? You're bringing back Shield Bearers, right? Right? RIGHT???????
Cough.
-Well, what happened with Mina was too obvious, I wouldn't want to stay with a queen that would lead us to ruin, but accepting a new queen who has too dubious allies is a huge long-term risk. I just hope the poor archer doesn't accept anything that comes from the Ironfist, those bastards already did too much damage.
She said it herself in the intro: She does not trust them.
-If I were an elf and saw that my new queen wears the colors and armor of the Ironfist, and knowing what they have done with the rest of the soldiers who defended the kingdom... my wisest decision would be to escape. I could feel the fear in some of the civilians as Larine gave her speech.
Good luck outrunning the Ironbarks. :p