• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Level 12
Great to hear from you again! I prefer a bigger piece of lore.
My guess for next one is Age of Wonders 4. Did play all of AoW3 multiple times and like it.

Level 20
Damn... and three years after the second Void war. I wonder how his search for the grail was going. For now, we only know the movements of the big nations after the Void war (Cold war in zyainor and kerrel, isolationism for dwarves... etc) but we're pretty clueless on the fate of the unaffiliated characters like Praxeus, the golden guard remnants, Aedale...

Level 20
The scale will differ from what you have seen in Warcraft 3, yes, but there is no need to worry, it will not become miniscule by any means. ;)

I do want to use the new environment to its fullest advantage however.
Well, considering that, according to the tales of arkain, the second imperial invasion doesn't happen until 17 years have passed at least, the change of scale is quite appropriate. Though it would be funny to just still have enormously large battles while the various rulers insist the war is over ^^

Level 27
Whatever new platforms that are used for new Arkain's gameplay, I sure hope they will have enough models accomodate the growing roster, with new Dominion and Zyainor units, and even Marin's mechanized angelics if possible.

Level 20
I guess if the new platform still follows the rts type gameplay, we might expect a Rexxar to tame a land (kinda-ish) type of gameplay. When its more about the micro and the buddies we make along the way, than grand scale battlefields.

Level 20
Hehehehhe, i would say after having so many secondary characters that i rooted for being killed left and right getting the official confirmation that The Bastion is gonna be the main dude of the new setting does put a smile on my face, RIP Lera the Huntress you were taken away from us to soon!

Level 21
1712185139617.png

it's just 7 Logan clones

Level 20
Damn, now that's an interesting company :
  • Darkan Hammerfall : So an exiled dwarf ? I wonder what made him leave. Did he disagree with the decision to cut off all contacts between the dwarves and the humans after the second void war or was it before that ?
  • Calere : Amusingly, she seems to share some traits with the late Sir Bubblerino. At least, I believe he was a bard before becoming a Paladin. However, she seems to be more of a mage. I would believe her to be a surviving member of one of the many lost Orders in the war, but she apparently has never attended a magic academy of the Kingdoms. Maybe an imperial, or even a runaway demon slave, who knows ?
  • Morkin : I wonder whose side he fought for in the war. He settled near Kerrel and Zyainor, so it seems unlikely he was among the regiments and I doubt there were many golden guard survivors in the area, which leaves either the Royal armies or the Ironfist. Depending on which, his "interest" in Boranel's goals might not be so innocent.
  • Grazaz : Damn, from Zyainor to Salria, Boranel's in for one hell of a journey. This Grazaz must be quite the soldier for surviving being both in the armies battling the dominion and joining them.
  • Orkar : So an old Ironthunder veteran. Makes me wonder if Boranel's gonna have trouble with Inara. If either his quest, or his identity is revealed at any point, Zyainor will be very interested.
  • Nysara : Obviously, she's going to stay in the background. I wonder what her interests are in Boranel's quest. Also makes me wonder if either of them will come into contact with the remnants of the golden guard. Though maybe Valerie would be able to pierce Nysara's disguise.

Level 1
Ok, I've finished the whole True Story, that was amazing, now I'm planning to do the Books, just to see the differences (I've played the human one until Genethas VS Gardon, I was surprised to see Zoia in the True Story, since she wasn't the Human Book so far).
Now I have to read the stories too!
So, I'm not sure about it, but does Inara is Zoia's pet? I mean, the Wolf Regiment broke her mind, and Zoia said that her "toy" would do ANYTHING for her, and was in the upper class of the Dominion. But, Inara didn't seemed to act in Zoia's favour. I mean, she had multiple occasions to betray Amari and everyone else, and every murder she commit seemed to be done on her own behalf, not some way to inder the Dominion.
It's cool to see the focus on our Bastion boi for the next adventure.

Level 20
Ok, I've finished the whole True Story, that was amazing, now I'm planning to do the Books, just to see the differences (I've played the human one until Genethas VS Gardon, I was surprised to see Zoia in the True Story, since she wasn't the Human Book so far).
Now I have to read the stories too!
So, I'm not sure about it, but does Inara is Zoia's pet? I mean, the Wolf Regiment broke her mind, and Zoia said that her "toy" would do ANYTHING for her, and was in the upper class of the Dominion. But, Inara didn't seemed to act in Zoia's favour. I mean, she had multiple occasions to betray Amari and everyone else, and every murder she commit seemed to be done on her own behalf, not some way to inder the Dominion.
It's cool to see the focus on our Bastion boi for the next adventure.
Congrats on finishing the True Story ! Hope you have fun exploring the choices of the books.

About your question, at this point, Inara is almost certainly Zoia's spy (well at least I don't see another candidate). Zoia most likely didn't order her to act against Amari because it would squander her value. Sure, she could do a bit of damage before going down, but having her as a trusted ally of Amari is much more beneficial in the long run. It means Zoia can get all the information she could ever want and also that Inara pretty much has free rein to accumulate more power right under Amari's nose (like she did by gathering the remnants of the Darkmind, the Ironthunder and most of the other orc clans). We don't know how exactly Inara got them to obey her, but it's quite possible that, if there ever was conflict, they'd follow Inara against the dominion, which Amari doesn't fear because Inara never gave her a reason to distrust her.

Level 21
Zoia mentions in the epilogue that she was going to trigger a betrayal during Risen Resistance, but the Undead arriving screwed up her plans and she backed down. I suppose there is a tiny, bizarre chance it could somehow be Vanessa, but Zoia mentions how her spy enjoys assassinating people so it seems like there is no way it's not Inara.

I'm interested to learn more about how Zoia controls her and if that is an avenue for an Inara subplot to try to deprogram herself, or if she'll always be a double agent destined to destabilize things. Thinking super long term, a neat idea would be Inara deposing Amari and then Amari having a gritty revenge story. Arkain always likes a good revenge story, though I guess she already got hers starting from Hunt for Riches.