• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need quick advice on Spell damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
If i want a spell to be triggered damage so that is still works on magic immune units and does the full 1000 damage what damage type is best to use?
Finger of death lets you target magic immune but does no damage so this is the only way, there is no spell i know of that will damage magic immune without triggering it right?

• Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (1000) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
I was using Normal attack type but now im gonna try "Universal" and see if that ignores armor.

Before the armor affected it so it didnt deal the full 1000 damage. Am i right in assuming 'Universal' will be the right option?

Level 20
Why don you test it?... I guess "Universal" or "Chaos" or "Pure" or one of those should deal pure damage. I think triggered damage doesn't check Inmmune units or reduces that damage with armor.

Level 13
i will probably also test it but my game is huge and takes a while to test something so simple and to test it in a blank map i would have to close this down atm.. and dont wanna lol so i figured someone else would know for sure and confirm it for me and get some ez rep :p

Level 20
Don't really need to test it. Just create it, add a debug message or a Floating Text, and keep working on something else. You'll get to that when you test something bigger or more complex. It should work with "Universal".

Level 37
@Maker: Channel does not apply real damage.

I merely advised that Channel can be used as a base ability to damage magic immune units.

The the link I posted reveals what different attack- and damage type do, so the triggering part can be executed in a desired way.

We ca nsee from the link that universal damage type applies no armor. Then we have to choose attack type. There are only three different attack type categories.

Magic will not damage magic immune units, so that is out of the question.
Spells "This will damage spell-immune enemies if the damage is physical or universal, and will damage ethereal enemies if the damage is magical or universal. The Spell Damage Reduction (AIsr) item ability applies to this (and only this) attack type."
Normal "This will damage spell-immune enemies if the damage is physical or universal, and will never damage ethereal targets (regardless of damage type)."

MAgic = magic
Spells = spells
Normal = all the rest

For example Chaos, universal will damage spell immune, won't damage ethereal, won't apply armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.