• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need artwork? Come here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i need a loading screen and i cant get mine to work. every time i try to make one the loading screen stays black. if you dont mind, could you do it for me? if you can, here is the picture. marinem.jpg

Level 35
it's probably black because the file is not in .mdx or because the picture is too big. When one of those happens and you try to load the map everything goes pitch black. You can't even see the blue in the load bar.

It can also be because of importing it wrongly to the game..

At any rate sure I'll make it for you, unless Hub beats me to it.

Level 16
It can also be because of importing it wrongly to the game..

At any rate sure I'll make it for you, unless Hub beats me to it.

Rofl fail :p

i need a loading screen and i cant get mine to work. every time i try to make one the loading screen stays black. if you dont mind, could you do it for me? if you can, here is the picture.View attachment 63416

Here you go, make sure you've put both files in the same folder. Also, if you aren't sure how to import it and are tired of Black Screen of Death, then check out first page of this thread. ENJOY

Attachments

• LoadingScreen.mdx
    1.3 KB · Views: 87
  • marinem.blp
    286.8 KB · Views: 89
Level 35
Here you go, ENJOY

Damn you beat me.. narh actually I was busy selling stuff and buying more stuff. :wink:

Hub, I don`t get the last step:How to do this? :grin:

Its not an required step, you can just say thanks and move on... Some like me prefer to keep account of the help rep (so its a shame it gets deleted at some point) Thats why I added a rep button where it actually saves each rep note so I can see why and for what I got it.

Anyway its still not a required step, the only required step is to give Credit in the map if changes have been made to the picture besides conversion (Although some friendly persons will also give credit for the help) :wink:

Level 16
Pls make an loading screen out of this

Here it is. Just put both file in same folder, check out first page of this thread if you don't know how to import it and ENJOY!

@Slaydon
I don't hate your idea actually. It could be useful, I may make one and put it on the first post. But yeah, like Grapist said, you can do whatever you want with a loading screen, but like, making a ''reserved place'' on a loading screen for title and information, from a template sounds cool.

Attachments

• LoadingScreen.mdx
    1.3 KB · Views: 45
  • FantasyWar.blp
    213.2 KB · Views: 46
Level 35
do you got a template or something for where the text is or something i can have to photoshop on?
The template i want is the L O A D I N G progress and text

Nope.. But if you need something done before Hub finish the template then feel free to ask with specifics and will make it.

Playing so much Empire at War that I always am to late to check this tread :grin:

Level 16
Hi! Could you make a loadingscreen of this 1? I am going to have it in a cinematic, so dont think of the size. Best quality.

lotr-sauron.jpg

And I also would like to have a minimap image, also with best quality!

1212341373-1184805955-1500534313-2.jpg

Here you go. Both the blp and the mdx in the same folder. See first page of this thread if you don't know how to import it.

For your minimap, just import the tga file. Then set the path to ''war3mapMap.tga''

Attachments

• war3mapMap.tga
    192 KB · Views: 36
  • lotr-sauron.blp
    196.1 KB · Views: 37
  • LoadingScreen.mdx
    1.3 KB · Views: 40
Level 4
hi

Hey im making an RPG, and would like a minimap and loading screen from the following:::
+rep if and when u do it.
thanks
and yes i like to play with colors.

Attachments

• Battle_of_Osgiliath_by_Shockbolt.jpg
    Battle_of_Osgiliath_by_Shockbolt.jpg
    643.6 KB · Views: 186
  • factions.JPG
    factions.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 89
Level 4
oh sorry (nice speed on the post) umm it wont uncompress. Is there a way you can put each one in the pastebin?
it let me open the zip, but i couldnt decompress, drag and drop them, or copy/paste them.
EDIT: you forgot the minimap preview too, or maybe the download just screwed up...

Level 35
oh sorry (nice speed on the post) umm it wont uncompress. Is there a way you can put each one in the pastebin?
it let me open the zip, but i couldnt decompress, drag and drop them, or copy/paste them.
EDIT: you forgot the minimap preview too, or maybe the download just screwed up...

Ehh Yea for some reason it didn't include the preview... Fixed Download - Advice: Use 7zip much better program.. freeware search google.

Level 4
haha thanks, dunno why 7zip could do it and window's defualt one couldnt..
Anyways, havent tested it, but now im content that i can import them now :D
thanks again
EDIT: OMFG <3 my first working custom loading screen! IT LOOKS SO CULE!
TY TY

Level 35
Ha ha thanks, dunno why 7zip could do it and window's default one couldn't..
Anyways, haven't tested it, but now I'm content that i can import them now :D
thanks again
EDIT: OMFG <3 my first working custom loading screen! IT LOOKS SO Cool!
TY TY

No problem.. But really 7zip is just a better program

Last edited:
Level 9
Do you create custom loading screens, such as if i requested a Lordaeron style loading screen could you make one for me?

Level 16
yo dude i wuld love these plz,

giv +rep

Sure dude, here they are!

Just extract them and check first page of this post on how to import them!

@SpEtNeZz
Can't really make one for you, my photoshop crashed and that's about the only program I have (okay, I've got paint too -_-)lol. Just wait for RED BARON to see it, I think he can help you :)

Attachments

• cloud.zip
    227.6 KB · Views: 22
  • midgar.zip
    249.8 KB · Views: 24
Level 9
@SpEtNeZz
Can't really make one for you, my photoshop crashed and that's about the only program I have (okay, I've got paint too -_-)lol. Just wait for RED BARON to see it, I think he can help you :)

Okay, if you guys are able to then make it have a Lordaeron theme and make shure its not blurry cause i want it to look very nice :D, thanks for the help ;)

Level 4
is there a chance you can make this one a campaign background? and a mini map?

-Edit-------------sorry just realised that map and campaign imports were seperate

------------------perhaps jus this as a backround plz

Attachments

• StartScreen.jpg
    StartScreen.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Level 35

-Edit-
Sorry just realized that map and campaign imports were separate
-perhaps just this as a background please

Besides the double posts (you can remove it or merge it with this using the edit button).

Anyway I am not sure what you want here.. If you want it as a minimap picture then sure.

If you want it as background then its really just a loading screen you use. (And campaign imports works for both map and campaign while the map imports is for that map only).

No matter what file you want you can

Download it here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:smile:

Level 4

-Edit-------------sorry just realised that map and campaign imports were seperate

------------------perhaps jus this as a backround plz

Basicly i didnt realize that the same picture file format for loadingscreens could be used for a campaign background or a map preveiw(minimap)

Also Red Baron, when i attempt to extract or move the files from BladeScreen.zip my computer wont allow me stating "file skipped an unknown compression method"

can i have the Blade as a loading screen plz? :)

sorry for your time dude

Level 35
Okay, if you guys are able to then make it have a Lordaeron theme and make shure its not blurry cause i want it to look very nice :D, thanks for the help ;)

Sorry I never answered to.. and so late :hohum: At any rate could you be a tad more specific.. :smile:

Also Red Baron, when i attempt to extract or move the files from BladeScreen.zip my computer wont allow me stating "file skipped an unknown compression method"

can i have the Blade as a loading screen plz? :)

sorry for your time dude

No problem thats what we are here for..

Anyway I made the big one a load screen (meaning its in blp format) and the small a minimap.

Anyway you shall use 7zip to open it with.. a much better program - and freeware.

Could you open them and check if thats what you wanted, if not then I will surely change it.

Level 4
Oh cool thanx 4 7zip, it was successful.

i have a small problem, loading screens ask for a mdx. file, previously when Hubcool gave me loading screens each blp. file came with its own 'loadingscreen.mdx' file and has worked succesfully, hw can i get my 'blade on wood.blp' to work? can i pair it with a loadingscreen.mdx?

Level 3
Hello there.
I would like to know if any one can create one free-handed, with no picture to go from.
I need a loading screen containing a close-up of an Orc. You need to be able to see part of his top-body (shoulders that is) and his entire face (front), tricky part is I need it to be half-Orc & half-Undead (sorta like Two-face in Batman: The Dark Knight). Orc Part should look 'brutal' (I assume that shouldn't be too hard?) and Undead part should be a mix of skeleton and flesh, also with a brutal (mean) look.
But the face is not supposed to be the only thing on the loading screen. I'd like a "freaky forest" look in the background. Which is, in this case, a couple of trees with some (if possible) blight or blight-looking terrain. The picture has to be drawn so that it looks like he's standing outside in the middle of the night, though with the light of a torch or something in the background.
This might be a bit challenging, don't know as I don't draw myself, but hey, I hope someone's up for it!
It's for a single player-RPG I'm working on at the moment. Can't tell you much about it, as I don't wanna ruin the surprise, and it's far from done. But hey, I'd appreciate if any one could draw me the loading screen.

PS. the map tileset is Ashenvale. Ought this to be a help for when drawing :)
PSS. while we're at it, any one know who's good at communicating system triggers (with NPC's)?
PSSS. I will, of course, give + rep to the person that help me. :wink:

Level 35
Oh cool thanx 4 7zip, it was successful.

i have a small problem, loading screens ask for a mdx. file, previously when Hubcool gave me loading screens each blp. file came with its own 'loadingscreen.mdx' file and has worked succesfully, hw can i get my 'blade on wood.blp' to work? can i pair it with a loadingscreen.mdx?

Oh doh.. My mistake I forgot it :hohum: First time ever... I'll send it to you ASP.

Download it here

Once again sorry :bored:

Level 35
or could u use this 1 to make screenshot?

Ehh we are making loading screens, map previews and minimaps - not screenshots... So what are you actually asking for? :bored:

I will assume you meant a load screen as that was the request in your first post.

btw: The edit button is a good thing - Can also be used to removed double posts

Red, can you make me another preview screen? xD

Sure, just give me the file or tell what you need. :wink:

Level 9
I wanted to see if i could get a Lordaeron Based loading screen, with a castle in the backgound and maybe some other things, but i wasnted it to be a sharp image so it is not all blurry

Hope you can help ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.