• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Need a hand in creating massive heal spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,

I am quite new in creating spells using triggers, therefore I wanted to ask for You assistance in creating a spell.
The idea is quite simple, I want a hero to cast a spell, that would heal all allied units withing certain radius. I want it to be based on Holy Light spell, meaning the effect of that spell would be visible on each unit, healed by the ability.
Would be also nice to set a different healing amount for each level of ability, that would have 5 levels. Radius would remain constant and let's say equal to 700. Heal amount: 60, 90, 120, 150, 180. Not sure about cooldowns, are they to be set on in-game spell, that will be taken as a root of custom spell?

Additionally, would be nice to learn how to choose what in-game spell needs to used for creating a custom one, meaing AOE custom spell.

Level 15
90% of the time with triggerd abilitys the base ability does nothing and the triggers do all the work so u can pree much base it on what ever you want

The best ability for a triggered ability is the channel ability. It was specifly made for triggered abilitys. It has options for dirrent types of targeting if it be ground,AoE,instant,single target. Tho most of the time personally if my spell is a single target ill use chainlighting or if its instant like war stomp ect ill use thunderclap or berserk And nit warstomp because i dont aant the stun to interupt orders

In saying that when triggering "target of ability being cast" will only work for single target abilitys.

To target a group of units ull have to create a unit group and filter it so it only slects the units u want to do x y z to.

You can easily create the special effect (the holly light blast thingy) though triggers with out having to use the spell as a base ability.
  • Special Effect - create special effect.......
Theres easy ways to have different varables for each level of your ability. In this case ull use 30 + 30 × level of (your ability) for triggering unit.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
To target a group of units ull have to create a unit group and filter it so it only slects the units u want to do x y z to.
This is not as simple as it may seem. One has to get all units at the target point in a radius of 700 + maximum unit collision size and then filter each unit if they are within 700 distance of the target point. This is because getting units in a circle does not factor in unit collision size. Since normal AoE mechanics, such as used by targeting markers, does factor in unit collision size one has to get all nearby units and then filter them using the unit distance test which does factor in collision size.

Level 3
This is not as simple as it may seem. One has to get all units at the target point in a radius of 700 + maximum unit collision size and then filter each unit if they are within 700 distance of the target point. This is because getting units in a circle does not factor in unit collision size. Since normal AoE mechanics, such as used by targeting markers, does factor in unit collision size one has to get all nearby units and then filter them using the unit distance test which does factor in collision size.

It all does sound sophisticated for someone who just started taking a look into a triggers, I already made some triggers regarding this ability, but still it is not doing what I want it to do. I could upload the triggers, if You want me to.

Status
Not open for further replies.