• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My ORPG's Terrain Project (Playable Ofcourse)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Here is the terrain of the ORPG i am currently making it was inspires from the map gaias retalliation it's playable so i left some place blank and plan to put some grass and trees and stuff.. the island below the first island i still not done so it's blank if you have any suggestion about the terrain or some doodads to share please feel free to do so..

TerrainPic2.jpg

TerrainPic1.jpg

Terrainpic3.jpg

Level 18
3rd pic has nice doodad use.

but here are a few things that bug me : 1) You need more height and tile variation. The islands look a bit bland. 2) the Islands are very small....i dont see how units are gonna fit on that.

other then that its okay... just needs more details ( but you already know that )

Level 19
@Belgarath
Yeah i'll remove the other 2 lighthouse and the telescope is part of the model :p i have to edit the model to fix it (Which includes author's permission)

and what do you mean real grass? as for the vilage rocks and lumpy grass i'll do :)

@Thedeathhunterxx

that's the starting point i'll make a bigger island (a place where the real fun starts, and what do you mean height and tile variation..?

Level 18
height variation = The way you use the " Raise " and " Lower " tool to create small hills and valleys. useing these tools makes your terrain more realistic, thus more height variant. You have no hills or valleys in teh pictures....its just flat on the island.

Tile variation = The tile set you use to depict the feel of your terrrain. For instance, lava can not go next to ice. And using one grass tile throughout the whole terrain is boring.So you change it up a bit, using all available tiles you have to help make it feel better.

Well the island in the first picture looks a little symmetrical in terms of the lands geometry, though you have rounded it off a bit I can tell you used the plateau tool to get the original shape, I'd recommend trying to make it look a bit more uneven. I see a path out in the distance, but it doesn't lead up to the lighthouse - maybe continue that up to the lighthouses.

Also something looks off about how close those trees are together.

Could you please extend the map out a little bit so that the lighthouse island isn't placed "on the end of the world" unless thats what you were going for.

Level 19
height variation = The way you use the " Raise " and " Lower " tool to create small hills and valleys. useing these tools makes your terrain more realistic, thus more height variant. You have no hills or valleys in teh pictures....its just flat on the island.

Tile variation = The tile set you use to depict the feel of your terrrain. For instance, lava can not go next to ice. And using one grass tile throughout the whole terrain is boring.So you change it up a bit, using all available tiles you have to help make it feel better.

Got it :)

3rd pic has nice doodad use.

lol, that building is just one single doodad.
It's from XGM.

I think the terrain looks a bit too random.
I don't really understand what you want to acomplish with those wheat doodads on the one side and the logs on the other for example, you should add some interresting stuff like little light posts or torches, some shrubs, a nice coubble road, maybe some rocks.

Level 6
I can't really find anything wrong, I really like the first picture and your house looks well done. Maybe only thing i could say is you could add more terrain to the first picture, as in not just solid grass. You could add pathway maybe but between the solid grass and solid stone you need to change it up. (like you did in second picture)

Status
Not open for further replies.