1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Playable Forest Terrain

Discussion in 'Terrain & Level Design' started by Lee_Go, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Lee_Go

Lee_Go

Resources:
    Resources:
    How can i improve this playable terrain, i want to add grass but the grass model I downloaded, which is the only one i found, shows up at white model base. Replace shrubs for grass...
    Forest Playable
    [​IMG]

Just a little bit of the village...

Night Elf Village Playable

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I need a lot of help with the Inn, i think its too ugly/plain, how can i get good flooring for it?

Inn Playable
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  2. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The shrubs don't look too bad, though that tree in the top left seems a bit off color to the rest

3. Lee_Go

Lee_Go

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah I know but I'd like it to stay, if you look at it from the game its a grouping of them behind the walls.

4. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ahh, that makes sense. Looks sweet right now, I don't really have anything to suggest. Maybe you should post up some more pictures of different areas you think you need to work on

5. Lee_Go

Lee_Go

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well i'm definitely happy to hear that and I have 4 more ill bring up in a new thread. Unless you suggest me to upload it here, otherwise... new thread.

6. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Post wherever you want, though if its more forests then this may be the best thread for it. If its some completely separate topic then yeah, a new thread should be fine.

7. Lee_Go

Lee_Go

Resources:
    Resources:
    I added more pictures I need help with...

8. Piwlady

Piwlady

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    those places looks lil' flat, work whit that. Then try to add some more groundtexture varitation.

9. Lee_Go

Lee_Go

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh right right, I just started reterraining the whole place so I didn't really do much, I forgot to add elevation... Thank you for mentioning.

10. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The Night Elven village doesn't looks Night Elven enough. Try using more Night Elven style buildings - you know, purple. And also more ancients\trees.

11. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah as it stands now, the Dryad looks way out of place guarding human style buildings.

12. Lee_Go

Lee_Go

Resources:
    Resources:
    what do u mean by, ancient trees? and ty for letting me know about the houses.

13. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well if its just elves, you don't really need the Ancients (the Tree/Buildings that the Night Elves have in game), but you do want the buildings to look night elfish.

14. Lee_Go

Lee_Go

Resources:
    Resources:
    well its not like its the night elf capital just village, but yeah i guess i should change the buildings...

15. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The architecture and overall look of the buildings fits humans more than Night Elves. You could do the same with purple buildings and fancy decorations and it will look Night Elven. I recommend you use Moon Wells, "Night Elven Fishing Village", Huntress' Hall and Altar of the Elders.

16. Lee_Go

Lee_Go

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does anyone have any suggestions on the inn? Thats what i need help on, especially cus everyone else already said something on village.

17. Piwlady

Piwlady

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's plain. Just look at it. Is that ground there dirt? and why there is fences straight from farm?
    You can get good wood flooring from UTM

18. Lee_Go

Lee_Go

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm going to totally change the layout of it but I need to know how I can make it a good floor instead of ground, only way I've used before is make the model of a pier big enough so you can't see its lights and thats wooden floors, but I can't find any floor models... except bamboo on hive.

OHASDFKSJKA, you know what, I never look at skins because i'm not fully sure on how to apply skins. But i just looked at them and thats where all the wooden floor terrain tiles are... except I have to look up how to apply them...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  19. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You may want to remove that double post before a mod takes notice

20. Lee_Go

Lee_Go

Resources:
    Resources:
    K I did, what did i do?