• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrainer Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrainer Needed (Gaias Retaliation ORPG)

I am currently looking for assistance in terms of terraining for the popular ORPG project Gaias Retaliation
As our current terrain artists have become inactive, I need at least one motivated and skilled person to assist me with further terraining.

So if you are interested (and possibly are a fan of the map), you can send me a small demo map via PN for your application.

The graphic style of the project is what I call "semi highress". We try to achieve an art style that stays in tune with the general Warcraft III Style, but still use highress texture doodads. If you can do something like that properly, welcome to the team! :)

Link to the project forums:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/gaias-retaliation-orpg-649/

Pictures of the current terrain would be appreciated.
- If anything is at all partly completed.
Errr, why should I? The project is a hosted Project here on hive. I even posted a link to the subforum. And we don't accept offers from people who never played the map anyway, as they simply won't know what we are aiming for.

To all the people offering their skills (as I got quite a lot of interested PMs):
- Please add an example of your work, if possible, highress texture terrain (pictures or link to map)
- Please only apply for the job if you can spend at least one hour per day

Level 14
You are close to the 8 mgb border and for a RPG you know how important it is to not cross it so I guess no new imports will be used. You shoud point out what will you need the terrainer do - a dungeon, a new leveling area , etc.

I can help you, I even worked with your map.
I don't need credits or anything I can create raw terrains really fast in few hours I can create really huge progress, but polishing and working with things like city areas or camps will require more time.

I can try, I will create something on your map then just tell me is that good enough.
note: I don't need unprotected map, just link me one you want edited.

To the People who want to participate:
The best idea would be to send me a sample of a dark swampland-styled jungle, as this is the setting you will be working at.
These are a good reference for what we are aiming for.

And about the import issue: While we try to keep the number of imports low, imports are fine if neccesary. Due to some changes we made and will make in the future, we won't come even close to the 8 mb limit for the next time.

Attachments

• UltraJungle1.jpg
    UltraJungle1.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 2,100
  • blinck-swamp.jpg
    blinck-swamp.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 5,957
Level 36
Just download the map and play it. If youre too lazy to do that, its not the right job for you anyway.

Let me enlighten you in the blaze of a radiant fact: Terrainers are lazy.

And I honestly find Zwiebelchen's attitude here distasteful, it's as if he presents the "I need help" part as if it's some kind of kindness, some kind of privilege to work on the map... >.>

Fact is, you need help, and those who might be willing to provide it wants to see what the terrain looks like, as to better know themselves what they could do with it, not knowing the "gameplay" doesn't mean squat to a terrainer, it's all in the art of the terrain for them.

Let me enlighten you in the blaze of a radiant fact: Terrainers are lazy.

And I honestly find Zwiebelchen's attitude here distasteful, it's as if he presents the "I need help" part as if it's some kind of kindness, some kind of privilege to work on the map... >.>

Fact is, you need help, and those who might be willing to provide it wants to see what the terrain looks like, as to better know themselves what they could do with it, not knowing the "gameplay" doesn't mean squat to a terrainer, it's all in the art of the terrain for them.
First: I don't see a problem here. I posted a link to another hive subforum in the topic opener; you take less than 1 minute to find screenshots in this subforum.

Second: If a terrainer is to lazy to afford this one minute spare time, we don't want him anyway. The amount of work to do is a lot. I myself am a decent terrainer; we won't need help of someone who does half-assed work with half-assed effort. Period. The map is good enough to put up standards.

Third: Not knowing the gameplay of the map and still trying to terrain is bullshit. You can't expect someone to make a good terrain if he doesn't even cared to actually play the map once. There are some factors you can't judge if you never played the map that are important when it comes to terraining. Also, it's simply a shame if a permanent member of the mapping team wouldn't have cared to play the map once.

Fourth: We indeed consider it a privilege to work on the map. The map didn't got its Director's Cut rating, the hosted project status and almost 70k downloads on hive alone for nothing.

Damn, I never wanted to sound arrogant here, but as I said we DO have standards - and if you are to lazy to click on the link and/or download the map, we don't want your help anyway. Thanks.

Level 11
I will help but I need to know what models whould you like me to use, as much as I know Gaias is made out of B2M models
so I will need to find something fitting and it need to like swampy... how much doodads can I place, just give me more info.

Also now I am working on Argos Rise of Elements and I am using B2M's models but no swamp stuff.
Just give me more info and i will make concept for you to look at...

Level 11
Zwiebelchen as I said I whould help but I am not sure about the models, I do not whant models to judge my terrain, you said you want swampy terrain but I dont have any sutable models for that kind of Work, I can use the UTM models but that would not fit with the existing B2M models that you already use in Gaias so If there is no one else who can help you I can but I need to find the models first. o.0

Zwiebelchen as I said I whould help but I am not sure about the models, I do not whant models to judge my terrain, you said you want swampy terrain but I dont have any sutable models for that kind of Work, I can use the UTM models but that would not fit with the existing B2M models that you already use in Gaias so If there is no one else who can help you I can but I need to find the models first. o.0
Go look for suitable models then. It's not that hard to do, the websites for resources are well known. Terrain always involves checking for suitable models, so I don't think thats a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.