• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Call for Terrainers: Gaias Retaliation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo... after working alone for several years, it's about time I get a terrainer back on board.

So, for my project http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project8/ I'm looking for a skilled terrainer that can do a highres realistic terrain style; both at building interiors and natural terrain (for all climates).

Applications for this job via PM and pastebin. Send me a quick demo map to check out if you want to apply.

If possible, include both some natural terrain samples and interior designs in your demo map.
Alternatively, you can link me screenshots to your past works (a demo map is still preferred, though).

Unfortunately, I can not spend the time to teach you terraining, even if I wanted to. So please only apply if you are actually fond of realistic terrain designs and know all the required basics for doodad composition.

115668d1342351391-gaias-1-2-yes-im-not-joking-48.jpg

110325d1327285315-gaias-1-2-yes-im-not-joking-7.jpg

76141d1266881872-screenshots-upcoming-18.jpg

119027d1351694196-gaias-1-2-yes-im-not-joking-57.jpg

Last edited:
Just one question: What happened to sonofjay? Last time he was responsible with terraining (lazy bum :p).
He more or less has no time anymore. He did a great job ob the Riversdale houses, though. :)

Also the third screenshot(I think that's in the ruined port area) is way too random and empty at the same time.
Why Northrend fences? they're so blocky, yuck.
This map is played in 3rd person anyway and most of these screenshots are awfully close camera.
In the Gaias style, I usually try to get rid of all unneeded models and use as much default art assets as possible. As long as it still looks good from birdseye, it's all good. That's the price you have to pay when working within the 8MB limit.

Actually, that is one of the feats a future terrainer should have: achieving a high amount of visual fidelity with a low amount of imported filesize.

I'll replace those screenshots, though. Good point. They aren't very descriptive.

btw, still developing the bottom left area of the map?
You mean the floating island? Yeah, it's still only 50% finished (... which is still enough terrain for at least 2 major updates, though).

The glacial/wintery zone is my favorite scenery.

8MB limit
Multyplayer.....if only the limit would be closer to 20MB :p
Actually, that is one of the feats a future terrainer should have: achieving a high amount of visual fidelity with a low amount of imported filesize.

I will totally get a whooping for this but if you need a dedicated, very skilled and open terrainer(I myself don't make playable terrains anymore)..well, Stryderzero fits such description ;)

You can see his albums and his map if you need proof.

PS: don't read this Srydy :d

Status
Not open for further replies.