• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Contest #8 - Hive Soundtrack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm still here, by the way. More of lurker than anything. I do hope my lack of replies on the forums wouldn't hamper my standing in the contest.

Level 28
@NightStalker @Brambleclaw and @GhostOfPast we're expecting your final entries, guys. Your WIPs are really nice and would put up a good fight with the other entries, so it would be a shame if we don't get to see the final product. Bring it on, people!

@Naze The link to the WiP is outdated :grin:
Ah no problem. We're not linking the latest WIP to the entries table, only the 1st one. And hey, you still have to upload a screenshot of your worksheet to validate your entry.

Level 19
@NightStalker @Brambleclaw and @GhostOfPast we're expecting your final entries, guys. Your WIPs are really nice and would put up a good fight with the other entries, so it would be a shame if we don't get to see the final product. Bring it on, people!

Ah no problem. We're not linking the latest WIP to the entries table, only the 1st one. And hey, you still have to upload a screenshot of your worksheet to validate your entry.

I might not be able to finish my entry, but we'll see. :'(

My final Entry, Welcome to the Hive
An adventurous and epic journey to the fantasy world of the community.
The pace is cool but not the slowest, so the journeyman would not get bored !
Key : A (ending with F) 92 Bpm

PS : there's the Screen too.

Attachments

• Welcome to the hive final.mp3
    9.7 MB · Views: 172
  • welcome to the hive final grid.png
    welcome to the hive final grid.png
    360.4 KB · Views: 137
Level 9
Well,couldnt participate in this one,was pretty focused in another song(and still am),i was going to try to get to judge aswell,but i see there's already two judges(if im not mistaken),which seems like enough.

Level 28
There it is! This is what's gonna make it to the poll thread:

entries.png

ParticipantFinal
AditTechnoSand Shifting
StringStormUnyielding
GhostOfPastWelcome to the Hive
NightStalkerUntitled
BrambleclawHive Theme
SvetliWar of Salvation

@NightStalker and @Brambleclaw, since you both uploaded more than one WIP, your latest ones will be taken as your finals. Also NightStalker and @StringStorm, I'm on phone right now so I'm not sure, but I think I can't download your latest entries to put in the youtube video that compiles all of them. You can put them in a post here or send me via Private Conversation.

I'll only be able to do the video tomorrow, so you got quite some hours to edit your entries or upload your latest files in this thread.

Level 19
There it is! This is what's gonna make it to the poll thread:

entries.png

ParticipantFinal
AditTechnoSand Shifting
StringStormUnyielding
GhostOfPastWelcome to the Hive
NightStalkerUntitled
BrambleclawHive Theme
SvetliWar of Salvation

@NightStalker and @Brambleclaw, since you both uploaded more than one WIP, your latest ones will be taken as your finals. Also NightStalker and @StringStorm, I'm on phone right now so I'm not sure, but I think I can't download your latest entries to put in the youtube video that compiles all of them. You can put them in a post here or send me via Private Conversation.

I'll only be able to do the video tomorrow, so you got quite some hours to edit your entries or upload your latest files in this thread.
DOnt take my final WIP as final, because it's not done, and I wouldn't it to be considered as my "work". Let it stay out of the poll. I'm sorry that I couldn't catch up with the deadline

There's my quick judgement (just for fun)
@AditTechno
Synesthesia color : Black/blue, stripped with a bit of grey. Some orange, white and red blured touches.
+ Catchy riff
+ i sense the style
- No bass ! (was it intended ?)
- Some instruments are sometime blunt (no accentuation, especially the piano which was a bit heavy)

@StringStorm
Synesthesia color : Thunes of green, turquoise and blue, blurred with Black and stripped gray. Sometimes clear touches of yellow and golden yellow. Few spots of white dots.
+ I like the epic/metal/orchestral mix.
+ Nice use of instruments.
- maybe a bit messy, just a bit. Sometimes I've difficulties to understand what's going on (although i like it)
- I feel like there's a lack of strength in some areas (don't take it personally, i'm just a salty amateur who still have difficulties to do something clear and making sense in music :ogre_hurrhurr:)

@NightStalker
Synesthesia color : Dark borders, blurred in the middle by green, yellow and sometimes white. Sometimes dark red tears. Strong dark brown forms in the center. (Your track is rich enough to make me confused in colors kekeke)
+ O boy, i could easly sense the dramatic and the tension rising !
+ I feel dah powah GAAAAAAHHR
- The rising and fall could be more harsh to be stronger
- The brass instruments sometimes would be better louder, but that's a small detail <:

@Brambleclaw
Synesthesia color : Thunes of Clear yellow, red and a bit of green. Borders are mixed with white and dark green. The center is widely stripped with black, white, yellow and red thin crossing lines. There's a large black tear in the total.
+ oh boy, it picked my interest ! I sense some originality in this one.
+ Used instruments are soft and quite balanced.
- Key and tuning changes are very odd sometimes.
- Main theme is quite off in comparison of the rest of the thune (maybe to fit with the "glitchy" side ? i don't know.)

@Svetli
Synesthesia color : Muffled gray and slightly green, stripped with white-yellow distorted thin lines. Sometimes yellow and orange blurred thunes.
+ Let's rock baby !
+ I could take time to appreciate your riffs, there's some power in them (like your volcano ehehe)
- Poor quality of recording (but not blocking your riffs)
- Maybe some drum/second guitar ?

Level 11
There's my quick judgement (just for fun)
@AditTechno
Synesthesia color : Black/blue, stripped with a bit of grey. Some orange, white and red blured touches.
+ Catchy riff
+ i sense the style
- No bass ! (was it intended ?)
- Some instruments are sometime blunt (no accentuation, especially the piano which was a bit heavy)

@StringStorm
Synesthesia color : Thunes of green, turquoise and blue, blurred with Black and stripped gray. Sometimes clear touches of yellow and golden yellow. Few spots of white dots.
+ I like the epic/metal/orchestral mix.
+ Nice use of instruments.
- maybe a bit messy, just a bit. Sometimes I've difficulties to understand what's going on (although i like it)
- I feel like there's a lack of strength in some areas (don't take it personally, i'm just a salty amateur who still have difficulties to do something clear and making sense in music :ogre_hurrhurr:)

@NightStalker
Synesthesia color : Dark borders, blurred in the middle by green, yellow and sometimes white. Sometimes dark red tears. Strong dark brown forms in the center. (Your track is rich enough to make me confused in colors kekeke)
+ O boy, i could easly sense the dramatic and the tension rising !
+ I feel dah powah GAAAAAAHHR
- The rising and fall could be more harsh to be stronger
- The brass instruments sometimes would be better louder, but that's a small detail <:

@Brambleclaw
Synesthesia color : Thunes of Clear yellow, red and a bit of green. Borders are mixed with white and dark green. The center is widely stripped with black, white, yellow and red thin crossing lines. There's a large black tear in the total.
+ oh boy, it picked my interest ! I sense some originality in this one.
+ Used instruments are soft and quite balanced.
- Key and tuning changes are very odd sometimes.
- Main theme is quite off in comparison of the rest of the thune (maybe to fit with the "glitchy" side ? i don't know.)

@Svetli
Synesthesia color : Muffled gray and slightly green, stripped with white-yellow distorted thin lines. Sometimes yellow and orange blurred thunes.
+ Let's rock baby !
+ I could take time to appreciate your riffs, there's some power in them (like your volcano ehehe)
- Poor quality of recording (but not blocking your riffs)
- Maybe some drum/second guitar ?
Ok, thanks for your review! :) And the quality is low, because I recorded it live and I alone played the guitar. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.