• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Muradin may be alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
..Was that supposed to be the WoW version of the WC3 cutscene?
I have to say, even with all of WC3's low quality glory, it still was better than this.
Anyways, the timing of that was retarded. He should at least stay knocked out a day.. or at least a few minutes, not the bloody second Arthas steps out of the door.
--donut3.5--

Level 13
Varian Wrynn... Muradin... This is all so very wierd.

Both were pretty important characters IMO, and also royalties. Both also suffered amnesia.

Level 5
Yes sad isn't it? I thought Illidan was dead, but appearently he was not. I thought Muradin died but appearently not. But this was even worse than Illidan. Muradin was one of my faourite characters but this sort of... ruins it all somehow. Damn Blizz for screwing up every piece of lore they can.

Level 5
Well it didn't really look like Arthas "ran the sword through" Illidan. It looked like he just... cut him in his stomach. I guess that he could have survived and I wasn't very surprised to see Illidan in BC. But still THIS is just... stupid.

Level 5
NO. NOT AT ALL. FUCK YOU BLIZZARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is retarded. Muradin fucking died and that's it. First they let their storyline trail off into nonsense and now they are butchering Warcraft 3's storyline? FFS.

Hear those wise words! Its bad enough that they made crappy WoW lore but now they go on and rape the Wc3 lore too!

Level 6
ALIVE OSDOISDUIOGSUIODGHOSD OMG GOD SO EXCITED. WELCOME BACK TO IRONFORGE MURADIN BRONZEBEARD! lol

Though i will say, blizzard is definitely harassing their story. Its being made up as it goes now =P. From Warcraft 1 to 3 was very exciting, a move of that would be a hit if done right. And off topic a little, its a good guess to say that the dragon arthas summons in the new cinematic blizzard released for wrath of the lich king, the dragon could very well be Deathwing.

Level 13
Arthas Menethil said:
Doesn't anyone stay dead anymore?
Looks like no. WoW just wants to squeeze to the maximum the previous Warcraft lore, reviving every character they see as "possible", even though they were clearly stated as "dead".
By the way, the dragon Arthas rises is Sindragosa, his new favorite pet since Sapphiron's fall. She wears the title of "Frost Queen", so no, Deathwing is as alive and as evil as ever.

Level 6
Deathwing doesn't look like a frost wyrm, unless they fucked that as well.

sorry it doesnt look like at frost wyrm at all to me. watch again please, it looks pretty different in comparison. Also Deathwing would have decayed a lot by now i think. Though im not sure how long its been since deathwing has disappeared. So frost wyrm or not, still a good guess in my opinion.

Level 13
Frost wrym is completely opposite from how Deathwing is described. His skin is like a fractured shell showing molten magma flowing within, so the frost element is quite unprobable.

Level 6
okay i watched it again and i change my mind :). Though I still say its a good guess =P

So to know that i say it, yes the dragon in the cinematic does look like a frost wyrm. But i say it could be undead deathwing! :D hehe. Or maybe Deathwing will destroy the earth later down the road...

Level 13
Deathwing is not there, as far as current sources state. There are two emissaries from the Black Flight however.

Level 13
Or maybe he is regenerating since his defeat and will be used by Blizzard to make onother expansion after WotLK. You may never know...

Level 5
No, the next expansions will be as follows:

Return of Uther
Archimonde's Rebirth
The Un-lichification of Kel'thuzad
Nerz'hul's Reincarnation
FINALE: Butchery of the Lore

and then there will be an instance in the caverns of time to go back and kill all the titans. woohoo!

HAHAHA :grin:. Well it would be possible. I mean, their latest expansion was supposed to be called "the beginning of the end of World of Warcrafts Lore Part I: Horde Blood Elves and a lot of other strange stuff that shouldn't really have happened."And their project name for WoTLK was "More Stupid Lore-ruining stuff just to make us get more money."

Level 13
No, that would be the fourth expansion. The third expansion will be Azhara's revenge, you'll see.

Level 12
For all we know Deathwing was killed not longer after the dragons took him away, and Lich king kept him there for a long time, and he prob decayed... If hes dead he wouldnt be molten.. If thats Deathwing, hes decayed a lot, with no organs and Ner'zhul brought him back, remember the energy he uses is blue! so all his undead shit will have blue in them!!!

Level 6
For all we know Deathwing was killed not longer after the dragons took him away, and Lich king kept him there for a long time, and he prob decayed... If hes dead he wouldnt be molten.. If thats Deathwing, hes decayed a lot, with no organs and Ner'zhul brought him back, remember the energy he uses is blue! so all his undead shit will have blue in them!!!

read the links i posted after i proved myself wrong. But they COULD be fake lol

Level 25
Good effing christ. RETCONS GALORE. First Illidan now Muradin. This is REDICULOUS. I liked Muradin, he was my favourite character, but GOD DAMNIT HE SHOULD STAY DEAD.

Illidan never died and they never intended for him to die, just get badly wounded

Muradin though, that was more of a retcon. But they retconned it AGES ago. It was announced in the RPG that he was still alive, guarding the gate to Azjol'Nerub in order to ensure that the Faceless Ones didn't escape, along with dealing with various Nerubian warbands

Level 12
He was probably wandering around Northrend trying to find his men in Doorward, or whatever it's called.

You're forgetting that he's got amnesia. He doesn't even know who he is, let alone that he has his own men in Northrend.
That doesnt mean that there are no mentions of him. If he is wandering around in Northrend, somebody must have seen him. And neither of you have an argument to WHY he is ressurected ;)

And the fact that Muradin "wakes up", would intend that he was breathing, or having atleast a pulse. And Arthas would have just completely not care about that? He wasnt even remotely corrupted by Frostmourne when Muradin "died".

And another think-aloud-question. Why didnt they just turn him into a ghost, saving the lore AND making it a quest at the same time? Why does Muradin still need to be alive?!

Status
Not open for further replies.