• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Muradin may be alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all we know Deathwing was killed not longer after the dragons took him away, and Lich king kept him there for a long time, and he prob decayed... If hes dead he wouldnt be molten.. If thats Deathwing, hes decayed a lot, with no organs and Ner'zhul brought him back, remember the energy he uses is blue! so all his undead shit will have blue in them!!!

Killed? As far as I know, he was only defeated and forced to retreat to an unknown location. Lich King also had no influence whatsoever on Deathwing.

There's even bigger proof in the game itself that he is most probably alive:

Lady Sinestra says: Overlord Mor'ghor, I presume... A pleasure to finally make your acquaintance. I am Lady Sinestra.

Overlord Mor'ghor says: I will not drag this out any further than it needs, Lady Sinestra. You have bent my ear, now tell me what it is that you want from the Dragonmaw.

Lady Sinestra says: You have no doubt heard about Nefarian's failures on Azeroth... While he has fallen, the experiment continues. My master... He continues the work that his progeny began.

Overlord Mor'ghor says: The... The master? He lives?

Lady Sinestra nods.

Lady Sinestra says: You were once a chief lieutenant, Mor'ghor. Your work in Grim Batol is not easily forgotten. Now... We need the eggs that you recovered. The Netherwing eggs. They are, after all, a product of the master. We will pay whatever price that you ask.

Overlord Mor'ghor stammers.

Overlord Mor'ghor says: Ye... Yes, yes... Of course. We need only the crystals and ore from this place. There is... We will need mounts.

Lady Sinestra says: The master will be most pleased with this news. The Black Dragonflight will provide you all that you ask. You will be allowed to ride upon the backs of our drakes as needed. I thank you for your graciousness, Mor'ghor. I must now take my leave.

This implies that he is alive, somewhere.

Level 12
My original assumption was that deathwing was alive and well, my above post was just a thought or theory.

Level 6
The next expansion will prolly be called WoW : The Destruction of Lore.....
Maybe there's a graveyard nearby so muradin got to his body quickly ? :).
But really, ressurection of characters is really lame. What next ? The big arthas daddy, the big angry queen of the undead, the whole forsaken ressurected ? Cmon. I hope if Warcraft IV comes out the lore of wow shalt be ignored. But we shall see. Until, i'm going to chop my hands of and put out my eyes so that I won't see what horrors and abominations blizzard will do next.

Level 9
Killed? As far as I know, he was only defeated and forced to retreat to an unknown location. Lich King also had no influence whatsoever on Deathwing.

There's even bigger proof in the game itself that he is most probably alive:

Lady Sinestra says: Overlord Mor'ghor, I presume... A pleasure to finally make your acquaintance. I am Lady Sinestra.

Overlord Mor'ghor says: I will not drag this out any further than it needs, Lady Sinestra. You have bent my ear, now tell me what it is that you want from the Dragonmaw.

Lady Sinestra says: You have no doubt heard about Nefarian's failures on Azeroth... While he has fallen, the experiment continues. My master... He continues the work that his progeny began.

Overlord Mor'ghor says: The... The master? He lives?

Lady Sinestra nods.

Lady Sinestra says: You were once a chief lieutenant, Mor'ghor. Your work in Grim Batol is not easily forgotten. Now... We need the eggs that you recovered. The Netherwing eggs. They are, after all, a product of the master. We will pay whatever price that you ask.

Overlord Mor'ghor stammers.

Overlord Mor'ghor says: Ye... Yes, yes... Of course. We need only the crystals and ore from this place. There is... We will need mounts.

Lady Sinestra says: The master will be most pleased with this news. The Black Dragonflight will provide you all that you ask. You will be allowed to ride upon the backs of our drakes as needed. I thank you for your graciousness, Mor'ghor. I must now take my leave.

This implies that he is alive, somewhere.

Spoilers Warning.

According to "Beyond the Dark Portal", he allied with the horde in the aftermath of the second war and helped Gorefiend to steal the Eye of Dalaran, to retrieve the Book of Medivh from Perenolde and to obtain the Scepter of Sargeras from The Tomb of Sargeras in exchange of safe pass through the reconstructed Dark Portal for him, some of his children and special "Cargo" (Black Dragonflight eggs. He probably planned to take Red Dragonflight eggs as well but failed to put his hands on them.)

In Draenor he was attacked by ogres (And their master, Gruul) and the Sons of Lothar (Whom tried to take the Skull of Gul'dan from him. Deathwing himself took the skull from Ner'zhul earlier.) and was eventually defeated by Khadgar (Khadgar cast a spell that caused the plates on Deathwing skin to detach themselves from his body, causing the dragon to torn apart.) He was last seen fleeing out of sight, promising to revenge at Khadgar, with his son Sabellian following him.

Level 9
But they retconned it AGES ago. It was announced in the RPG that he was still alive, guarding the gate to Azjol'Nerub in order to ensure that the Faceless Ones didn't escape, along with dealing with various Nerubian warbands

Are you certain? I don't recall that...

According to "Lands of Mystery":
"Since Muradin Bronzebeard’s death Baelgun is the leader of the Bronzebeard Expedition. He and the other survivors are camped near the entrance to Azjol-Nerub and guard it to ensure that nothing escapes from within."

According to "Shadows and Light":
Arthas, " maddened by vengeance, slew his friend Muradin and claimed the sword, Frostmourne."

According to "Alliance Player's guide":
"The King of Ironforge is depressed. The death of his younger brother, Muradin, left him in a somber state for over two years after the
Third War concluded."

According to "Dark Factions":
"Our involvement with the world is costly – perhaps the best example is when an ice shard from Frostmourne’s prison, shattered due to Arthas’s anger, desperation, and carelessness, slew my brother Muradin"

According to "World of Warcraft the Role-playing game":
"King Magni rules well, but he has grown introverted and brooding since his brother Muradin’s death during the Third War."

According to "Lands of Conflict": "Magni himself has grown introverted
and brooding since our brother Muradin’s death."

He is not mentioned in the other Books.
So, either you are incorrect (Which is, surprising) or that I have missed a source?

Level 13
One last point about Deathwing: Evil or not, he is still Neltharion the patriarch of the Black Fligh, the Dragon Aspect of Earth, the Earth-Guardian, the of blessed of Khaz'Goroth. If he was dead, the earth of Azeroth itself would be dead. As much as the Emerald Dream would banish if Ysera died or Magic in Azeroth would go wild if Malygos falls, Neltharion can not be killed for Azeroth's sake.

Level 13
It has never mentioned that Deathwing has abandoned his duty as he still has power over earth and lava. Actually, I believe that he still respects Khaz'Goroth as his mentor and blesser, but I have no proofs of it. Don't forget he is corrupted (and possibly mind-controlled) by the Old Gods.

Level 9
This is a common mistake. The dragon aspects are guardians, nothing more. They have extra power over the world but it doesn't mean it's bound to their fate, the Makers wouldn't risk it. The Earth has existed before Neltharion and it will remain where it was even after his demise.
And Neltharion has indeed abandoned his duty; he doesn't care for the world and use his powers to bring war and destruction.
The fact that an Aspect abandoned his duty doesn't mean his powers vanish.

Level 13
The Titans couldn't be right at everything... And anyways, there is no piece of lore to prove any of these arguments in any direction, so we are free to believe what we want for now.

Level 5
By the way, a quest in the beta of Wotlk reveals that Mal'Ganis returns and now manipulates the Scarlet Crusade in Northrend (How Original).

Wow... now Mal'Ganis is back too... WHAT KINDA IDIOTS ARE BLIZZ!? As Arthas said: "Does nobody stay dead anymore?" Seriously, is that the only thing BLizz can do? "Resurrect" every little character that died in warcraft 3? Soon we will probably see Terenas Menethil running around in Lordaeron, wondering where his son is. And I wouldn't be surprised if Grom Hellscream suddenly appeared fighting a resurrected Manoroth.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Illidan never died. Arthas cut his chest open, but Illidan had a lot of support around, one of the blood elf Priests could have healed him.
Muradin's death, however, was quite confirmed. Arthas did not go alone to the Frostmourne Vault, some Dwarves should have went into the valley to check their leader's dead body. And even if he had survived, there was no medical assistance around, and if there was, Muradin wouldn't take all this time to show himself. I mean, it's been years. He couldn't have survived laying down in snow on a frozen wasteland for all that time, injured as he could have been.

Level 13
Now even Mal'ganis? Oh this is just priceless. Next we find out that a random shaman entered the cave where Grom killed Mannoroth and suddenly ressurected Grom, or that a bunch of Warlocks or Necrolytes made their way to the World Tree and ressurected Archimonde, or hell, Sylvanas decides to ressurect Terenas Menethil! BUT! The trick here is that all these characters have suffered AMNESIA!

Seriously Blizzard, what the hell are you thinking!?

Also, I hope Blizzard doesn't do any more "amnesia", I mean first Varian Wrynn suffers amnesia and now Muradin? Besides, amnesia is really lame and over used.

Level 8
OK, please stop saying retarded stuff like:

"ZOMGZ! Deh BLizzARD is rapiNG wARcraft 3 LorEZ!!"

I mean they can do whatever they want with their characters and lore.

Illidan was still alive when we last saw him in Warcraft III (he was still moving at least), Muradin wasn't even confirmed dead, everyone just thought he was because Arthas said so, and...

Mal'Ganis??? WTF?!?!?!?!?! THAT'S RETARDED!!!! BALNAZZAR I COULD UNDERSTAND, BUT MAL'GANIS?!?! RAAHGRHGAGAHRGHAGHGRHA!!!! I'M GONNA SHOT BLIZZARD WITH MY SUPER LAZAZ FOR THIS EVIL!!!:spell_breaker:

Level 13
I guess corpse runs are now part of official Warcraft lore rather than just a gameplay feature made to deal with the death of the player's character.

Level 12
Guys....Next patch will be the following

Gul'dan never really died! He fell into a trap with lots of food and water and was stuck there for years, orcs just hated him and told lies about what happend, and that the books wee only speculating...That demon became Gul'dans friend...They had sex, they made a army of super Gul'dans on crack, and that skull they all thought was the skull of Gul'dan was really the skull of some retard warlock that had amazing power Gul'dan killed because the warlock nut tapped Gul'dan saggy balls...

Anyway Gul'dan is freed and unleashes his army of perverted warlocks of doomness, ressurects the shadow council and a zillion other dead for 30 years people, and invades Stormwind.

oh....and Gul'dan has AMNEISHA!!! The demon just taught him evil shit and pointed him in the right direction! Oh and we find out Thrall is gay.

Level 13
I'm really sick of people saying that "It was never CONFIRMED that they died", well Muradin was struck magic and he fell into the ground and didn't move at all. Also Illidan suffered a HUGE wound and too fell into the ground. Now the logical explanation is that they are DEAD!

Seriously what sort of explanation do people need before they accept the death of a character? This almost reminds me about my friend who thought that the sisters' only beat up Andy Dufresne since he was never raped on screen.

Level 13
Illidan never died, it's a fact. That battle between Arthas and Illidan was supposed to be a cinematic but couldn't be due to time constraints.

In the cinematic, it was supposed to show Illidan watching as Arthas became the Lich King. He was meant to survive his fight with Arthas all along.

Level 4
Varian Wrynn... Muradin... This is all so very wierd.

Both were pretty important characters IMO, and also royalties. Both also suffered amnesia.

varian wrynn ended up to be pure awesome and I'm just kinda fantasying that since he leads the alliance forces in wotlk, I'm just thinking that he may end up facing teh litch king himself since their both "royal", we're mentioned as being friends back then, and are kings of their respective kingdoms (in a sense that most undead are from lordaeron and lordaeron are his ppl)..

oh and it sucks that they had to butcher the "honorable death" muradin had

Level 5
Let's sum this up:
Balnazzar: Was absolutely killed. We even saw him die (and don't tell me that Varimathraz, or whoever it was that killed him, didn't really kill him because they where brothers or something).
Mal'Ganis: FFS! The Lich King even commanded his death! We saw Arthas kill him!
Illidan: Well people say he was not supposed to be dead at all.
Muradin: That's just stupid. He had a sort of... awsome and... sad death. And now Blizz just makes a big joke of it all. "He survived but he can't remember who the hell he is".

Does everybody agree?

Last edited:
Level 13
Let's sum this up:
Balnazzar: Was absolutely killed. We even saw him die (and don't tell me that Varimathraz, or whoever it was that killed him, didn't really kill him because they where brothers or something).
Mal'Ganis: FFS! The Lich King even commanded his death! We say Arthas kill him!
Illidan: Well people say he was not supposed to be dead at all.
Muradin: That's just stupid. He had a sort of... awsome and... sad death. And now Blizz just makes a big joke of it all. "He survived but he can't remember who the hell he is".

Does everybody agree?
I do.

What's even funnier is that Balnazzar and Mal'ganis are now pretty much the "same", as in they both die but then they didn't and instead mask themselves as important members of the Scarlet Crusade.

Level 13
Tear-jerking confrontation between Jaina and Lich-King-Arthas, complete with the cheesy organ!

Also, $5 says that Illidan is alive and pops up for the final confrontation between him and Arthas, you just know it's going to happen/

Level 13
If anyone will be helping with the Lich King fight, I bet there will be atleast Tirion. Others could be Sylvanas and Jaina. Varian Wrynn is also possible, but in my opinnion Tirion, Jaina and Sylvanas are the most likely.

Level 12
Sylvanas for sure, Tirion most likely, and Jaina is possible. Jaina and Arthas were lovers so I don't know if she'd want to help kill him.

Jaina and Arthas weren't lovers... They have a connection yes, but you can tell they havent had sex or anything yet. They just have deep feelings for one another but never expressed there emotions yet.

Level 12
I wrote about 20 lines here, but the dumb PC crashed so ill just sum it all up with this image:

rape1bf1.jpg

Level 4
I disagree. I think that these comics are embarrassing to look at and are a mockery to the lore.
Perhaps the idea of him being captured and becoming a slave is good, but how Blizzard carried out this idea is just terrible to my opinion.
yeh making him purely imba and unstoppable is kinda stupid I'd have to agree but comeon who does teh humans have other than Tirion? (jaina doesn't count)

She will decorrupt him and then they maek babiez, everyone happey. ! YAEY

if arthas can still make babies
he's balls would've been frozen solid

Level 13
I highly doubt a decorruption for Arthas. The whole idea is as idiotic as uninfesting Kerrigan, atleast in my opinnion.

Level 14
Good effing christ. RETCONS GALORE. First Illidan now Muradin. This is REDICULOUS. I liked Muradin, he was my favourite character, but GOD DAMNIT HE SHOULD STAY DEAD.

Actually Illidan never died. The idea was the final battle between Illidan and Arthas to be a video, not a cinematic, and in the end to show Illidan looking at the throne. But due the short amount of time left, they decided to make it a cinematic, which costed them to cut it shorter.

Level 12
The very idea of Muradin standing up after he got blasted by Frostmourne makes the Lich King look like a little daisy picking girl. They were supposed to show people that Frostmourne is badass, not some $5 plastic toy crap that can't kill a freaking dwarf. (Note that the blast was not accidental, but intentional or it would have hit Arthas as well, so the embodiment of all evil that is capable of raising 10 million skeletons failed at killing a chunky midget.) Not to mention the arrogance of spewing some lines that came out of an especially crappy soap opera.

"Who... am i...?" (One second of pause, then runs outside.)

Real smooth, people that wake up with amnesia usually remember the exit to the place where they got into. And yeah, its only logical that you will run around like a god damn chinchilla two seconds after you got hit so hard that you lost your memory. Why spend time trying to figure out what happened in a warm, cozy cave when you can say a cheesy line and run out into -80 degrees and probably freeze to death.

I liked Muradin. He was badass. And as a badass, he deserves a badass death. Not this crap. Judging by the changes Blizzard is making, he probably met a bear and a squirrel and went on some gay Disney adventure in hopes of retaining his memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.