• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Azeroth Defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Development

Azeroth Defenders
Created by AditTechno

Map Info

Azeroth Defenders is a campaign that tells about the story of Muradin Bronzebeard to protect Azeroth. He is aided by his allies Uther, Magroth, and Arthas, the Paladins. But one day he has a problem with Arthas, causing you to do something.

Chapter 1
Road to Azeroth

Chapter 2
Danger at Dusk Gardens

Interlude (Secret)
Dungeon Escape

Final Chapter
Confusing Choices

Features

Secrets

The final chapter holds secret items! Try to find undead heroes and defeat them to get the item. Be careful because they wear the items too. The secrets can only be claimed on Hard difficulty.

Campaign affection

This campaign has some special conditions that you may complete from two chapters. These conditions allow you to affect the campaign, like if you rescue them here, they will arrive there. But, if you don't rescue them, they won't arrive.

Choose your own destiny

Well, the part of your destiny is in the Final Chapter. I will give you informations about it. Only this chapter is in progress.
Because Muradin has a problem with Arthas, he chooses to go alone.
You have three special conditions to win this game.

Steps to win Final Chapter

Step 1
Step one is the original part of it. First, you have to rescue Arthas. Arthas will have to think about it. But he will be rescuing Muradin. In the rescue of Muradin, you will not receive any reinforcements because they have just protected themselves from the undead. To go to the boss, Ordin Frostbane, you have to go back to where you talked with Arthas, and go south. Keep going until you find a cave. Pass there, and you'll be able to go to Ordin.

Step 2
In this step, you will only have Arthas in your journey. To have only Arthas in your journey, first rescue Arthas, then go to a Necropolis where the Undead attacked the first time. Near of it, there will be an interaction that shows Arthas' confirmation in not rescuing Muradin. After you destroy the Necropolis, go to the left and kill the Brood Mother. There will be a cinematic that they teleported with a staff. You can get to Ordin quickly and paladins are supremely effective.

Step 3
In this step, you will have to go to Muradin. After you rescue Muradin, you will join him and won't be able to rescue Arthas.

Help Muradin
If you select this, Muradin will be appreciated, and you are to build small reinforcements from Muradin's Barracks. After building reinforcements, you are able to go to a cave nearby. It's unguarded, or you can enter the cave guarded by a Crypt Lord to find a secret item. Enter there to safely reach Ordin.

Save Arthas
If you select this, Muradin will not be appreciated, and he will leave you out. But, this allows you to unlock a new bonus level where you must defend a town. He is secretly requested by Buzan to defend it. But you take the consequences. The paladins will die because Ordin will appear on the bonus map. It is your choice.

Screenshots

Image Description:
Battle in the valley

251041-albums8734-picture107517.jpg

Image Description:
Rescuing Villagers

251041-albums8734-picture107519.jpg

Image Description:
Choices

251041-albums8734-picture107521.jpg

Change Log

Changelogs are in the replies
Credits

Author:
AditTechno

Terrains and everything:

• Blizzard
  • Heinvers
  • Finlandman
  • Svetli
Special Thanks to Dehua_Darbuya for helping me on the progress of this campaign!

Author's notes

This campaign doesn't use my own terrain. I'm not a terrain maker. I will use project recruitment instead in the future i think.
Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates
Table Map Description - Template Show

Attachments

• Azeroth Defenders II.w3n
    417.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Azeroth Defenders (Edit).w3n
    3.2 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Level 16
File updated
Changelog
v.0.5
- Final chapter now holds secret items
- Chapter 1's Hold Off time changed from 30 minutes to 25 minutes.
- Ordin Frostbane's Hit Points changed to 4000, armor changed to 15.
- Necromancers now unable to cast Raise Dead, including Ordin Frostbane.
- Names are now simplified. Muradin Bronzebeard becomes Muradin, and Magroth the Defender becomes Magroth.
- Chapter 1 now can affect chapter 2 and so on if you completed a special condition.
- Final chapter has been continued until reaching Ordin Frostbane.

Bugs
- Much.

Attachments

• Azeroth Defenders.w3n
    3.5 MB · Views: 82
Level 15
Umm.. I'm just gonna play it on final release because most campaign are fun on first play only Xp (actually its because i dont have free time till June, or mid May. Maybe this already finished that time!)

Level 16
File updated
v0.7 Changelog
- All special conditions works now
- Original route in final chapter is finished!
- Added a new unfinished interlude, unlock it by completing special conditions
- Now you can play with difficulties!
- Chapter One spawned units changed from ghoul and necromancer to ghoul and meat wagon
Bugs
- Only at final chapter now.

Attachments

• Azeroth Defenders.w3n
    3.5 MB · Views: 117
Level 16
File updated

v0.85 Changelog
Everything
- Necromancers can cast Raise Dead again. Ordin Frostbane summons Skeletal Orc Grunts with Raise Dead.

Chapter 1
- Changed how special conditions work.
- All special condition booleans are set to false first to prevent bugs. Set on their respective maps.
- Other bugs that Dehua_Darbuya helped me to fix.
- Grammars are good to go!
- Spawned attackers changed back to Ghoul - Necromancer

Chapter 2
- To merge special conditions, no longer loads the units from the previous chapter, but it creates the units instead.
- Added a new secret item: Talisman of Divinity, a permanent item that allows you to revive wiith full health and mana, but set to 5 minutes cooldown. Might need a check though.
- Increased efficiency in triggers.

Interlude
- Done!

Final Chapter
- Fixed Bossfight bugs.
- All three special conditions on this map are all completed.

Bonus Chapter
- Haven't worked on this yet. I may scrap this if things don't go well. That means, I have to rework the final chapter, I have ideas for this rework though, so I think it won't be hard.

To-do list
- Grammars on Chapter 2 and 3.

Attachments

• AzerothDefenders.w3n
    3.6 MB · Views: 118
Level 16
Sorry for the postpone, I'm currently working on the stealth mechanics (something that I wanted to realize for a really long time) in Chapter 2, and changing some codes so it will be more efficient. Also, I'm working to enhance the Interlude part a little bit. Stay tuned!

Level 16
Long inactive thread, but I'll tell you anyway.
This project is scrapped, because I really can't fix the game cache anymore.
Sorry for the decision, guys, the campaign is 90% done (the 10% are bugs). I still have the file. If you want a playthrough, you can PM me.

Level 3
Hi Adictthecno, I've played your campaign and the terrain for all maps is wonderful. The gameplay is different each missions and the difficulty is actually hard. I've played three times the first chapter to win.
I found some bugs:
First chapter:
-The undead get stuck in the first bridge, halting the assault until you go and aggro a ghoul.
Second Chapter:
-I don't know if is intended, but you can rescue the villager by just getting near them, and then run from the undead units. That feels too easy.
Third Chapter:
-When you reach the units that are fighting against waves of undead, when you get to the final wave, the undead units instantly dies after 20 seconds or so.
Final Chapter (town defend)
-If you get enough units were the necromancer spawn after the timer runs out, he get killed while he's says his dialogue. Then, when you get the mission objective that you need to kill him, he's already dead and the mission got stuck.

Overall it was a good campaign, the story isn't well told but gameplay is good and terrain wonderful. Thanks for making it. :):)

Level 16
The undead get stuck in the first bridge, halting the assault until you go and aggro a ghoul.
Yeah, I think I'll edit the terrain, although it's not mine.
I don't know if is intended, but you can rescue the villager by just getting near them, and then run from the undead units. That feels too easy.
Intended, but making the system will be very complicated.
When you reach the units that are fighting against waves of undead, when you get to the final wave, the undead units instantly dies after 20 seconds or so.
Very intended. They didn't die at the first time I made the triggers. I fixed them to make them die after the final wave runs out.
If you get enough units were the necromancer spawn after the timer runs out, he get killed while he's says his dialogue. Then, when you get the mission objective that you need to kill him, he's already dead and the mission got stuck.
I never noticed this bug, but thanks for finding it!

I'll fix these minor bugs, though. Thank you!

Level 16
Hey, guys, I'm back to inform you of a bonus content!
You know, before I even finished Azeroth Defenders, I had already thought of a sequel and downloaded several terrain templates that I could use for the story. In the series of Azeroth Defenders, there are 4 necromancers to deal with. One has died in the original campaign, and in this sequel, I brought another necromancer in!
The campaign brings back Muradin as the main hero! This time, we can level our heroes up to level 15! I also planned to have that choice system again, but it's not entirely finished yet.
In this sequel, I introduced a new type of hero; Oracle, which is a mage hero that can deliver both positive and negative effects on a target, and the abilities can either be cast on an ally or an enemy unit! The oracle serves as an ally of Muradin throughout the entire campaign!
Azeroth Defenders II: Demonic Threat is currently in Alpha Stage 1, which means I had finished Chapter One, but it's still also filled with bugs, so I have no purpose to continue it, currently. Since the original Azeroth Defenders is dead, I declare this sequel dead, too.
But if you have any feedback on the current state of the sequel, feel free!

I had a terrain template and a model downloaded somewhere, and it's been 2 years since I started the sequel. I have since forgotten who had the terrain (on Chapter 1) and the model (Captain Falric model).
Be sure to check the first post! Azeroth Defenders

Level 16
It has been almost two years with no update but I'm now here to bring back great news!

After two years, I have figured out how to fix the game cache now. Turns out I had an oversight that affected the whole campaign. :(

Oh, and I did this in the classic version of the game. I don't have Reforged.

v0.90 Changelog
General
  • Removed the Hypothetical Map. (It was disastrous)
  • The cache now works. Booleans work normally now.
  • Some grammar is changed. I still need to hunt for more.

Chapter One
  • The condition of the hypothetical path is revamped.
  • New hypothetical dialogues are added in.

Chapter Two
  • The setup of the hypothetical path is changed.
  • The priest and knight gimmick doesn't appear anymore. Instead, Chapter One will give the introduction to the hypothetical route.

Interlude
- Nothing yet.

Final Chapter
  • Removed the choice to Help Muradin or Save Arthas. This is inevitable because I removed the Hypothetical Map.
  • After you rescue Muradin, that's it. You can't rescue Arthas anymore.
  • Now you can only really train four riflemen from the Dwarven Barracks.

Plans for the next Beta version:
  • More grammar changes, especially in the Interlude part.
  • Increasing defenses on Chapter One. Although if it's not needed, then it's good.
  • For Chapter Two, buffing the patrols so that stealth is recommended more than fighting through the Undead.
  • Creating a way for the hero to be invulnerable for a short duration while in stealth.
  • Adding more challenges to the final chapter. Some parts in the Muradin path still lacked mobs.
  • If I have the time and suggestions from you, I want to make a path of what happens when you rescue Muradin first, then choose to Save Arthas and go to Save Arthas. I have planned this like a year ago but I still had that cache issue back then so I scrapped it, but I would like to hear your opinion on the matter.

That's it for the change. I hope you enjoy the new update! Feel free to mention any bugs that you've encountered. Also by the time I made changes, I haven't opened this forum yet, and I had already forgotten the suggestions that some of you had made.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

3.6 MB · Views: 21
Level 16
2022 is almost coming to an end! (Two months short but eh)

I hereby bring you the final beta update, a totally final update of this campaign (in the Map Development section, specifically). Here are the changelogs.

v0.95 Changelog

Chapter One
- Buffed the defenses a little.

Chapter Two
  • Buffed the Ghouls.
  • Now, in order to rescue the villagers, you need to defeat the enemies guarding them.
  • You can now perform stealth by hiding in grasses. It will make the player Invulnerable but while there, enemies will also be invulnerable to prevent cheeky people from taking advantage of the situation. Always look around!
  • Added more grammar fixes.

Interlude
- Grammar fixes.

Final Chapter
  • Added pings for indication.
  • Adjustments to cinematics.

Last things to do:
  • Checking the hypothetical system. There's one bug remaining over there.
  • At the time I posted this, I'd only played through one of the three endings in the final chapter, so I'm gonna have to take the other endings into account.
  • Fixing the grammar in the Final Chapter. It remains the only map in which the grammar is still as old as it was 5-6 years ago.

P.S. this is still made in the Classic version. 1.29 to be exact, so I'm not sure what will happen.

It's been 7 years since I started this campaign from scratch, and I'm almost ready to release it! Stay tuned!

Attachments

3.2 MB · Views: 12
Level 16
This campaign has been completed. Please refer to the full campaign here:

Status
Not open for further replies.