• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiple Textures model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
There are models that do this, such as Misha's.
However I think this is hardcoded.

There are ways to have multiple texture with other methods though.
It can be done with animations for example. I don't remember the tutorial though, but it can be done. Just check Grom Hellscreams animations and you'll see one where he switch to red.

The second method is to import the same model multiple times but make each model use a different texture, this is a simple setting in Magos Model editor where you simply write the path.

And here is another way: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...how-make-model-change-textures-ingame-222258/

Level 12
Different textures are swapped by the [letter].mpq files, viewable in the War3x.mpq base folder.

Here are the codes for different tilesets:
A Ashenvale
B Barrens
C Felwood
D Dungeon
F Lordaeron Fall
G Underground
L Lordaeron Summer
N Northrend
Q Village Fall
V Village
W Lordaeron Winter
X Dalaran
Y Cityscape
Z Sunken Ruins
I Icecrown
J Dalaran Ruins
O Outland
K Black Citadel
Don't know what T.mpq stands for though..

So for example for Felwood you have to look in the C.mpq file.

Importing for example a C.mpq directly in the map does not seem to work though. When C.mpq is in the map the game falls back to standard textures for me when I set tileset to Felwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.