• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing issue, REALLY need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Okay, so!

I've finally managed to get all the models from BvO, Bleach Tribute, FoC Bleach max. But! I've encountered a major problem. You see, there is really a lot of models / textures and more, and I don't know witch texture goes to witch model and .. so on.

For example, I've looked over the path's BvO used. And this is an example of what I found

(I do not know though, if I've missed any texture for him)
!Tousen!.mdx = Models\Bleach\!Tousen!.mdx (model)
-tousenCape-.blp = -tousenCape-.blp (Image / Texture )
-tousen-.blp = -tousen-.blp (Image / Texture )

These paths are the correct ones. At least that is what the Import manager in BvO says.

But also, in BvO the path's for Hitsugaya Toushirou are

-toushirou-.blp = -toushirou-.blp (Image / Texture )
!Toushirou!.mdx = Models\Bleach\!Toushirou!.mdx (Model)

Now, in the map I'm making the Hitsugaya paths are

!Toushirou!.mdx = war3mapImported\!Toushirou!.mdx (Model)
-toushirou-.blp = -toushirou-.blp (Image / Texture )

And they are still working in my map even though the paths aren't the same as in BvO =S, but the Tousen one isn't working :S
neither does tje Ichigo model, Yoruichi model,SoiFong model, Kenpachi,Aizen,Yamai-Jii etc. (With the normal path war3imported...)

And since I don't know all of their required textures etc, it would be a real pain in the ass for me to do them all one by one

So I was wondering, if anyone could give me a tip, how to.. well o,O fix this?
I would also like to know if it is possible to export all imports from one map to another, and keeping their custom paths.

I would be EVER so grateful if ANYONE could respond:cry: the one that helps me gets credit on loading screen to the map, ehh, I don't have anything else I could offer :p so.. well help me pl0x =[

Well.. no you can't export all your things to another map and keep the paths.
Also the weird thing, to me, seems to be all those dashes before and after the names.
From all the models ive seen, there has never been dashes in the texture name.

And you say all the models work in the world editor? I think the reasn you haven't got many replies is that your problem isn't really evident. I'm having a hard time understanding what the issue really is? Is it that your textures aren't working?

Level 2
Have you tried using the MDX Pather to find the paths for these textures? It can be downloaded at (Mdx Pather - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site)

Hi ChaosWyrm, when I tried to open the !Tousen!.mdx one.
These paths showed up

-Tousen-.blp
Textures\Tornado2b.blp
Textures\RibbonBlur1.blp
-TousenCape-.blp

- I'll try this and get back with an answer. thanks

Well.. no you can't export all your things to another map and keep the paths.
Also the weird thing, to me, seems to be all those dashes before and after the names.
From all the models ive seen, there has never been dashes in the texture name.

And you say all the models work in the world editor? I think the reasn you haven't got many replies is that your problem isn't really evident. I'm having a hard time understanding what the issue really is? Is it that your textures aren't working?

Hi Tidusx, I'm sorry to hear that I can't export all models from a map to another map and keep the paths, and I know the dashes is something new, I've never seen anything like that either. And yes, I am saying they do all work in the world editor, But! I exported every model from BvO to my map, and yet Hitsugaya model is the only one working(excluding all the spell models and buildings), even though I didn't modify the paths to be like the correct ones(for Hitsugaya) and yet, Tousen doesn't work, even though I copied the paths from the BvO map.

>I'm having a hard time understanding what the issue really is? Is it that your textures aren't working?

The issue is: These models come direct from the map BvO(Bleach vs One piece) I've copied the paths their imports use(not all paths, obviously there are a lot of models) But I'm having trouble getting the models to work properly, and no, I don't know why. Clearly I must have missed something, or I'm using the wrong paths, or I just haven't given all the heroes their correct textures, so I'm asking you; is there a way for me, to get this working, without having to write 300+ imports path for hand :p and finding the correct paths, cause obviously some of them aren't working (Like Tousen one)

Level 2
Thanks for trying to solve this with me, but I guess there was no easier way then to write everything by hand, 1 path each time >.< -

Solved I GUESS:eekani:

Here's the way i would do it. It will be time consuming, but it will work.
First create a new folder. Preferrably somewhere easy to get to. Export all the MDX files from your map into the folder.
Now you will need mago's model editor. (DL from this site if you dont have it)
Individually try and open each model with the model editor.
It's going to give you an error message saying, "Cannot open (name of the texture).blp
That will tell you the path you need to get the model working.
After you see that message, you will need to create the path in your models folder (By making folders inside each other) and export the texture into the correct folder.
For example:
Say the models name is footman. When you try to open the footman, it says, "Cannot open Units/footman/footman.blp.
This will mean that you will have to export the footman.blp texture to your folder and create a folder named "Units". Open that folder and create another folder named "footman". open that folder and put the footman.blp file inside that folder. If that is the only texture the model needs, the model will open on your next attempt. If not, you will get another error message. Repeat these steps for all of the required textures.
Be sure to also rename the textures in your import manager.

This will take a while, but it will get you what you want.
Also keep in mind most of the textures will not even need a path, they just need the "war3mapimported\" removed. If they do need a folder, for the most part they will all need to be in "Textures"

Status
Not open for further replies.