• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Importing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Hey,

First of all I want to say that I do know how to import models but I'm still a bit of a nub at importing textures.

My problem is that I created 4 soviet poster models for a friend with CnP textures. I edited the .mdl file just like I would do for any other one of my models (I put the texture as soviet1.blp just like the textures name).
Then I went to make a test map to show him how to import them but when I put the model file as SovietPoster1.mdx in the import area and then I import the .blp image Soviet1.blp then I apply it to a doodad re-start the level. But for some reason the model is always a green checkered box even if the path is wc3imported\SovietPoster1.mdx (or however it looks).

Is their something I'm doing wrong?
(I converted the CnP'd images with Wc3 Viewer, the files went from 22-40kb to 0kb ~?)

tried it in magos...

the texture path that the model uses is war3mapImported/Soviet1.blp and not soviet1.blp

so delete all imports pertaining to this(models and textures) first... then close WE... then open it again and reimport using this path

EDIT: tried it and there was another error...

file is not a BLP texture! -> this error appeared on magos after I placed the textures inside a folder named war3mapImported/
meaning the file was damaged... this also happens to me when I use war3viewer to convert files into .blp

since it is a custom model made by you, an easier way is to use create a .tga version of the texture and make the model use it...

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Ah so the texture was the problem.

yeah, there might be something wrong with the way we edit it or maybe a prob with war3v... coz I always get that problem too when I use war3v to export a blp file then edit it and reconvert to .blp...

anyway if its not a default texture/default model, you can just use the .tga version on ur custom model (it seems to work fine that way)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Well I got them to work, the file sizes are ridiculous but my friend can optimize them if he wants. Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.