• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing model help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I import the .mdx and .blp files (texture path is correct) , fix the paths,save , restart we , put it on a random unit to check , does it work and I can onlyplace a black-green tiled box. I followed the tut thousands of times , restarted whole computer , still the scary green-black tiled box of doom. What's the problem ? (btw , when i put it , i get a yellow text at the bottom of the screen that mdl cant be oppened (i didn't imported any mdl , as there were no in the model file))

P.S. Tested with model viewer , it works.

Level 11
Not all files that work in the model viewer work in-game. Post the link to the .mdx your talking about and I'll check it over. Also check that the imports worked. Sometimes it doesn't import correctly. You check by opening up the import manager. Look if any of the files you imported have 0kb for size. Re-import those files.

Level 32
Are you still using Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos?
For some reason i have started using roc editor , and the point is , I CANT FIND THE IMPORT BUTTON !!! . I know that there is importing on ROC , but how then ???
If so refer to: Enhancing your RoC map with FT Features

Importing TFT models if you have only RoC is rather problematic. If the model you are trying to import uses texture files contained in war3x.mpq, the model will not be usable in maps based on war3.mpq.

At any rate, if you can post a link to the model in question, we should be able to figure out the situation.

Level 6
Are you still using Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos?
If so refer to: Enhancing your RoC map with FT Features

Importing TFT models if you have only RoC is rather problematic. If the model you are trying to import uses texture files contained in war3x.mpq, the model will not be usable in maps based on war3.mpq.

At any rate, if you can post a link to the model in question, we should be able to figure out the situation.

Umm... I bought the TFT you know :).
Anyway , I think that the problem is in the way , in witch I import ppls and stuff , so I shall have to figure it out myself :) . Thanks for the help ,anyways.

Level 32
You should be able to handle it no problem, Dumblor!

For models downloaded from our Hive, just remember to look for the custom texture file paths marked in red text on each resource's download page. Copy and paste those paths directly into WE's Import Manager.

[rainbow]For models obtained elsewhere, your guess is as good as theirs![/rainbow]

However if you have Warcraft III Viewer you can open the model using that software and easily determine the exact custom file path(s) by selecting:

Current File > Show used texture names

And wd40bomber7 is absolutely correct:
Not all files that work in the model viewer work in-game.
Some models are simply 100% bugged junk and won't work no matter what the end user does.

Status
Not open for further replies.