• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Imported models dont show in editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I imported custom models from another map, but most of the models are just green/black boxes. Editor says that cant find mdl-file.

How to fix that?

Level 22
Have you already tried exiting (save your map first, with the imports) and re-running World Editor?

Level 7
I saved my map and exited editor.

Also many of the doodads in map disappeared and some new doodads randomly appeared in map, I cant even find many of the default models in editor anymore.

Level 22
Does this also happen on other maps or your map only? If it happens on other maps then your MPQ archive must have been corrupted. You could try re-installing warcraft or wait a bit more for some other answers.

Level 7
Models disappeared after importing new custom models

Object import editor said that new file will replace the old file.

Level 22
Oh, I see. Try using a custom path, I usually try removing the wc3... folder path when a model fails loading.

Level 7
path is war3mapImported/filename

there is green/black box in place of model in both editor and game, it says that cant find path war3mapImported

I have tried custom path removing war3mapImported part but still doesnt work

Level 7
Those models work fine in ultimate terraining map, but when i imported them in my map they are all just green boxes with black squares.

Level 22
Try looking at the paths the model use on the map, maybe it requires a custom path. Check the texture paths too, just to be sure though. Other than checking those, I have no clue either, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.