• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Importing Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I just recently downloaded some modles for a map i am making. All of them came from the hive. My problem is that only about half of them work. I imported them and they worked right away (no need to even colse and reopen world editor). I read tutorials on how to import models and i imported all of the textures for the models and i closed world editor, opened back up blah blah. Also one of the models wont even open up in model editor...i dont know whats up with that, it just says it is unable to load the unit and the file doesnt exist. And yes i did indeed extract all files. +rep to any1 who helps me solve my problem.
And just to be a bit more specific, when i put the units in world editor they show up as green checkered boxes, and in game it is as if the model was just .mdx (no model) so it just shows the shadow of the unit and i cant select it.

Level 14
Here is what i understand about importing models:

Option 1

Make sure the unit path is correct.When importing a file it usually say war3imported\bla\bla\bla , most models dont use that path , so you have to change it via the importing section in your WE , read the readme for the model and the path is not there then you must not change anything.

Option 2

If the paths are correct then try testing your map , it may be a purple cube and it may say that it was not able to load , but sometimes the model still works.

Option 3

NOTE: if it is a skin your importing then you must make sure your icon is imported correctly, after that you must change the ''Model File'' to a unit thats allready in war3 eg Units\Humans\Footman.mdl, you should find the Model file path in the Readme.

I hope this helps

Level 7
Try the mdx pather found here on the hive for the skins you have.

if the models do work, but you want to put it as a doodad. make sure you cange the variations to 1 or else they wouldn't appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.