• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing a not-so-custom model with error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello all,

First off I've been on a quest to make a tower for a game, which uses the base game model of "Eredar Warlock." I also want to remove all animations from the model, since when there are a hundred of them, it gets laggy real fast. So, I opened the game files with Retera Model Studio, opened the Eredar Warlock, went over to the .mdl editor within Retera, and changed the animation settings. I just set the frames to be (0,0) instead of (0,1500) etc. I exported the model as a .mdx, and imported that to /units/demon/eredarwarlock/eredarwarlock.mdx to simply overwrite the games own eredarwarlock.mdx. So hopefully it would just use the base game textures, instead of me having to import them again.

I load up the custom map, and get an error "referencing unknown database field: "netsafe" (UI/SkinMetaData.slk)

I thought I messed something up, so I tried exporting the model without changing anything, as a control test. But that also produced the same error.

The model does actually load, even with this error. It shows up just fine in World Editor, and also, it had no animation when I had tested that. But when I load up a game, it shows up textureless. Invisible. So I'm kind of at a loss here.

TLDR: Any exported model wtih Retera/CASCview has error in World Editor and shows invisible in game.

I'm sure I'm just missing something simple here. Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Warcraft III Reforged v1.35.0.200.93
Retera Model Editor v4.4m and also tried the v4.5beta

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.