• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unable to make imported model work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I imported a snow pine tree model by fingolfin and I can't get it to work in the editor and ingame. Even if I restart Sharpcraft, it still shows the error, and when ingame, its simply not there. Any fix?

There's a blp and mdx file, and the mdx file changes to a mdl file if I change the vanilla tree model to the imported model.

Level 11
This model only has one variation. If you used another tree as a base for your model, in the object editor, make sure to set Art - Model file - Variations to 1.

Level 2
Even with the Model Variation set to 1(I used a lord. winter tree as base model) and the Has Lightweight model unmarked, it still refuses to load :/

Level 11
It works fine for me, provided I set Art - Model file - Variations to 1. Be sure to set the right path to the texture: it's FinePineSnow.blp, without war3mapImported\ before. Then, before doing anything else, save your map, exit WE, and run it again. If it still doesn't work, you may upload your map so we can have a look at what's going wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.