• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

importing skins help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hey so im trying to import skins into my maps, ive searched and searched, and I cant seem to get it right.
I download the skin, end up with a .blp file and two readmes (is there supposed to be a .mdx?) anyway i import it, change the file name, nothing happens. I've checked other maps that have working skins, and they all have the .mdx/.mdl imported, but the only thing i get when i download skins is a .blp file. is there a way to convert it to .mdx or what?

Level 7
Skins are supposed to be .blp You must be doing something wrong... What skins are you trying to use?

Level 4
A skin is just a kind of a texture replacer, if you import it correctly, it will replace the texture of a normal wc3 skin. A model as I understand it, is the shape of whatever object/unit it is, and might sometimes need an own skin for it to work. This all depending on the model/skin.

If you downloaded a skin, it's most likely to contain only .blp file, because .blp is the usual file type for a skin. So to get the skin to work, you need the correct "Pathing" of the file, which is most likely mentioned in one of the readme files you found in the folder.

Level 8
Yeah. Skins=Textures Models=Objects. When you download of a model you get a mdx and sometimes a blp. Theres a tutorial for every single model on the site which has the custom paths.

Status
Not open for further replies.