• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Importing skin/module problem (really confusing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
okay so i have downloaded lichkingArthas and extracted. but in the folder
there were .blp & .mdx files.. (and i heard that mdx are models and blp are skins) and they each have a different method... so is this a skin/model?
these were the 4 files: (only blp & mdx files)
arthas helm.blp
LichKing_Arthas.blp
LichKing_Arthas2.mdx
LichKing_ArthaS2 Potrait.mdx
i thought that this can be done both ways... so i have done the model method where you just replace the model art file with the imported LichKing_Arthas2.mdx so than it didnt work when ii tested...
than i tried the skin method however the readme didnt contain a set location so i just did that copy and paste method..where you just copy the destination from a unit thn paste it to your imported file ending with .blp and still it didnt work.. id really appreciate whoever can help me with this step by step... and i really wanted this skin/models..
this is where i got the model/skin... http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...52016/?prev=search=lichkingarthas&d=list&r=20

OR just type lichkingarthas in the search and u will find it... thanks!

Level 17
You must import it to these paths:

Paths
LichKing_Arthas.blp
arthas helm.blp
war3mapImported\LichKing_Arthas2.mdx
war3mapImported\LichKing_Arthas2_Portrait.mdx
Although it may not show in the World Editor, it works in-game (tested it myself).

Level 1
You must import it to these paths:

Paths
LichKing_Arthas.blp
arthas helm.blp
war3mapImported\LichKing_Arthas2.mdx
war3mapImported\LichKing_Arthas2_Portrait.mdx
Although it may not show in the World Editor, it works in-game (tested it myself).

Thank you very much!!! it worked!
so this means whenever i end up with blp files i should take out the bit warcraft3imported\ ?
well i think now i know wat to do... thank you once again...

Level 17
so this means whenever i end up with blp files i should take out the bit warcraft3imported\ ?
well i think now i know wat to do... thank you once again...

Basically, but they tell you where to import at the model's page. Just above the "Moderator Comments" section it says "Paths". You must just change the paths that it says there, leave the others how they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.