• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Model Importing Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello everyone, I am having a few problems importing models and hopefully someone here can (and are willing to) help me.

First off I downloaded a few models, imported them and only 1 of the 10 I imported worked. (When trying to place the unit I get a "Could not load file" error.) I deleted them all as I figured it was an issue with the model itself.
(Also my WE seems to only accept mdl files and not mdx, mdx import fine but if I try to use it as a model for a unit/hero it instantly tries to fetch the name of the file with the mdl extension. Not a major issue though as I found an mdx->mdl converter.)

I did some searching and found that you have to restart the WE for them to work, so I imported one model to test it and it worked.

I then started importing the rest then restarted WE and now NONE of the models work (even the ones the worked previously)

Does anyone have any idea why I am having such issues importing models?
(I have never had so much trouble importing before)
:goblin_wtf:

Level 19
regarding your mdx>mdl problem, DONT DO THAT. it will automatically get the .mdl but it will function in-game just fine

the problem your having is that those models use textures, and your not setting the texture paths correctly. Go back to where u downloaded each model, find their texture paths, than set the texture paths in-import manager to what it tells you to

Level 3
Yep that seems to have fixed it, thank you so very much for your help in this matter, I was starting to get frustrated :p

EDIT: One more thing, I do not see any place for the Portrait model in the unit editor, do they now acquire them automatically or am I just blind?

Level 9
there are some other sites with models to download, they are mostly uploaded with textures but the uploader didn't make a readme oder something else to get the paths, so is there a tool or something with that i can find out the paths of textures or models?

Status
Not open for further replies.