• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing models (.MDX to .MDL?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
When I try to import a model into a doodad, i use the import directory to load the model, but it seems to rename it as an "MDL" instead of an "MDX" and when I try to change it manually it won't let me. Can someone explain why this isnt working?

Level 1
I've tried reading the "how to import tutorials", and followed the directions exactly, but no matter what i do it persists on renaming the file as an MDL. Is there a way to stop the editor from doing this?

Level 17
The problem with the "problem with importing models" threads is that there are two of them a day and there are many tutorials on this one AND there are beautiful, automatically generated instructions attached to EVERY single resource in this site's resource section on how to import them, not to mention those threads you could just search. So next time try these options first..

It doesn't matter if WE renames your model to .mdl
You have to attach the model to a unit, doodad, or whatever in the object editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.