• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Change of Model file after Locust Swarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello

I'm trying to make a spell of my own based on Locust Swarm and I have been struck by this problem where my hero turns into a Hawk(Thunder Bird) after using the ability. My hero uses a custom made Model File and I tested with the basic Locust Swarm ability without any changes.
However after the ability comes to an end it seems my hero goes back to his normal self again.

Could anyone shed light on this?

Thank you for your help

<Please excuse my English; it is not my first language as it were>

Level 3
@Bribe

That is exactly what I want to change - I don't have any other problem with it, just that my hero turns into a Hawk.. I did not know that casting Locust Swarm triggers the transformation because Anub'arak doesn't seem to change. =/

Level 3
Anub'arak changes too. His wings flap around every time he walks. I thinks that's why his dig animation was so buggy in the first place. Anyway I'm nit using my computer but maybe there's a required spell animation tag in Locust Swarm? Just delete it and the alternate animation won't be shown. Alternatively, you can remove the alternate animations of the model if you don't need it.

Level 3
I was looking for the slot where it says 'model' or 'animation' on the spell page but I couldn't find anything related. There's no mention of animation, and the missile art is empty.
And I don't know what the alternate animations of my hero's model either-I wonder if it's something under 'Art-Special' ?
My hero's base model is Kael the BloodElf Prince but I'm using 'Bloodelf Wizard' model created by General Frank here on hiveworkshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.