• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem With Druid Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
ok simple question, i have 2 Druid forms set up, however they do not turn into the model, thats set on the ability, however the stats change does take place, this is what they turn into

Spirit Wolf - Turns into Raven, Not Spirit Wolf
Spirit Bear - Turns into a Grizzly Bear, Not Spirit Bear

i know it is possible to have set forms, for example, Twilights Eve Map, when levelign a druid, they have 3 different bear and 3 different wolf forms.

Here is my abilities Set Up

BFA.png WFB.png

Here is the bear Hero, same as wolf different model.

BM1.png BM2.png BM3.png BM4.png

Anyone know issue and fix

Things i have tried.

Swapping the forms, for example, Alternate form i set to the druid, and Normal form to the bear, opposite from what it is set up currently

This works in some ways, the form was the right form it changed into, however when changing back to druid form, it turns into a raven or a grizly bear not the dryad set as model

so basically, i can either turn into rigth Druid form, or Right Wolf/Bear Form, but i cant get both working

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You might need to post an example map.

In worst case you can trigger this by using the raven form type change trick. If you add raven form to a unit using triggers and then immediately remove it the unit will change its type to that of the "normal form" of the ability. This can be used to change a unit type to any type specified as the normal form of such an ability. In your case 2 such abilities could be used, one to convert the unit to bear/wolf form and another to revert them back to their human form.

Level 7
You might need to post an example map.

In worst case you can trigger this by using the raven form type change trick. If you add raven form to a unit using triggers and then immediately remove it the unit will change its type to that of the "normal form" of the ability. This can be used to change a unit type to any type specified as the normal form of such an ability. In your case 2 such abilities could be used, one to convert the unit to bear/wolf form and another to revert them back to their human form.

ok i made a test map, Note my map is being made ins Reforged Editor, so requires that to load and test, Getting ready for Refogred next month.

Attachments

• Druid Test Map v1.w3m
    43.6 KB · Views: 28

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
ok i made a test map, Note my map is being made ins Reforged Editor, so requires that to load and test, Getting ready for Refogred next month.
Cannot help you then as I do not have access to Reforged.

This could easily be a bug with 1.32. I suggest trying to recreate the problem in 1.31. If the problem exists there I can take a look at it. If not then you may want to file a bug report about it.

Level 7
Cannot help you then as I do not have access to Reforged.

This could easily be a bug with 1.32. I suggest trying to recreate the problem in 1.31. If the problem exists there I can take a look at it. If not then you may want to file a bug report about it.

Apparently i cant recreate it in 1.31 it gets error saving

WE1.png WE2.png

EDIT: ok i disabled vjass, wurst compilers on the 1.31 WE and it saved perfectly, and yes your right, it is a Reforged bug, as it works perfectly on 1.31, so jsut to wait out the bug i guess on reforged editor

EDIT2: i Also tested the working map from 1.31, in reforged and the bug appears again, so yeah to wait out the bug fix

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.