1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Modeling Contest #29 - Squad

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by HappyCockroach, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  2. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @Stefan.K i just started to rigging, and it's so damn scary, so many things to rig

btw, how much longer do We still have? Not sure how to check the UTC thing

3. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    9 hours and approximately 40 minutes 'til the deadline.

4. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:

Attached Files:

5. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If I don't sleep I could make it i guess, Kinda just paste random ingame texture to the cannon, Fishing hook and Binocular

Even tho the quality will be more crappy because going to 'RUSH MODE' XD

First Animation on Him with me lazy to rig the goblins yet
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• WIP.gif
      WIP.gif
      File size:
      932.1 KB
      Views:
  6. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I really really really REALLY love that Hayate. My personal favourite of all your works.

7. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Thank you very much

Now I have to think how I could cheat on the goblin to make it doesn't look cheated
    Is the file size matter much in this contest? The file size is going to be humongous, the Poly is quite high because of the goblin, (Like 1k each?)

And the I have 2 texture file

8. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Dude, looking great! I'm glad that you started making your own textures! Animation is looking slick as well. Hope you'll make the deadline.

9. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ogre Goblin Cannon Squad

My Entry

Just a quick rush, kinda give up on make it look good on time, will just submit this one that has not been touch up yet, I will change the cannon and Optimize the texture to the best (If possible), Hav elots of things that I don't satisfy with, and the animation is Clip of death.

I don't even bother fixing some problem now :V
    My Entry:
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/ogre-goblin-cannon-squad.286291/
    Yep... It's nearly 1 mb =.=
    Kapaw

OgresAttack.gif

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  10. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I love it! Great job. Just waiting for @Astaroth Zion to upload his work.

11. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @PROXY do you fancy me enhance your animation after the contest? I don't like rigging but I enjoy tweaking animation (Cuz is easy)

Some (like death animation) would feel better with some touch of bouncy movement

12. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wow Hayate! I wonder what would you do if you weren't in a rush, because that's already one hell of a model. We all love your entry :D

@Astaroth Zion we're waiting on you, we have some minutes more! :O

Guys remember, do not update your entries in the resource section until the contest's over (Until the results and prizes are out). That is obviously an irregular procedure, and we don't want any of us accidentally disqualified.

13. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Demmit! I was fixing my model inside my dream, but it's in the dream.. demmit, A lot of work has done inside my dream while I sleeping, but is dream

14. Astaroth Zion

Astaroth Zion

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Entry: SKELETON CREW

Well, resource uploaded here. I feel more than frustrated by the results of my work (both my time management and the giant newbie mistake I made).

I will let some time pass (after contest + some weeks), then finish the model as I had intended.

Darn Zero Joints, why I did forget you.

PS: thank you all who patiently waited and agree to extend the deadline. I am grateful for the opportunity given, and I will try to improve my participation on future contests.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  15. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh, those are sad news, your entry has so much potential. Well, it has the animations to work well and everything else about it is really awesome, and either way it is nice to have you among the contest participants in this and in the next ones :)

(If any participant has anything against the few hours late Astaroth Zion posted his entry, they're free to voice it. I really doubt anyone would, it's just to comply to the rules.)

Well then, the contest's closed and I'll put up a test map very soon, with every entry in it. Attention participants, once it is posted you have 72 hours to verify/modify your model's in-game implementation. Then, the poll comes up.

And I have to say that even if we had many issues with the deadline, I'm really satisfied with the contest output - this is among the hardest themes been hosted, it's great we made it to 5 (creative and interesting) entries. :)

And we're in need of judges, if you want to help with judging, read the first post, the judging criteria, and PM/VM me, or post here.

16. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:

you mean like edit the map?

17. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, if you want to. :p I'll do my best so your model looks good in-game. In case you prefer to change the movespeed, the attack point, anything like that, there's the 'edit-the-map-if-you-want round'.

This map will be useful so voters will vote based on how your model performs in-game.

18. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It's really weird to post on the models rather than the Contest thread... But it's done.

19. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Man, you guys surely created great stuff for this contest. Congratulations :) I totally love these squads, they add so much opportunities to the game. There should be another squad contest right next to this one :D

20. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hi peoples. Here comes a test map with every entry on it:

upload_2016-7-6_15-21-58.png

I did my best to implement every model correctly in-game, but feel free to test it yourselves and alter how your model is configured. A few things:
    • I added one spell ability per spell animation name in each entry. (Only to models which have spell animations)
    • Special effects aren't added, for those might change the perception of a model entry. Only MPQ missiles are present.
    • I chose voices and things like that based on the model's nature. You're free to change that to your preference.
    This map will be used at the poll to help users vote based on an in-game perspective, so it's important to check if it makes justice to your work. Each of you has 72 hours from now to adjust it and send it to me via PM, then I'll put them together and the poll should come up immediately.

@PROXY @Hayate @Astaroth Zion @Stefan.K

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.