• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Skeleton Crew

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Entry for the Modelling Contest #29

Three skeleton workers up to the task for your daily base duties.
I will keep updating the model after the contest, so let me know your suggestions and impressions.

3-July-2016
  • First Submission.
10-July-2016
  • Contest deadline extended.
  • Added the following animations:
    • Stand Lumber
    • Stand Work Lumber
    • Walk Lumber
    • Attack Lumber
    • Stand Gold
    • Stand Work Gold
    • Walk Gold
    • Attack Gold
    • Decay
  • Fixed the following anims:
    • Death
    • Portrait
    • Walk (speed it up a bit)
Contents

Skeleton Crew (Model)

Reviews
The_Silent
MODERATION Awaiting Update Lacks attachment points Many of the animations is pretty stiff. Otherwise, everything seems in order.
loktar
No changes made, moved to substandard.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Attaboy.

So this guy. I have to say, as the guy who did the most number of complete dudes (Hayate has you beat for numbers, but his Goblins are essentially slightly-mobile doodads in comparison (no offense!))

I can appreciate how you tried to craft a 'story' into your model; the fat one, the tall one, the blind one. They each have their specialty, and having them 'work together' (sometimes literally) on the task was absolutely ridiculous (in a good way).

You know the issues, so I won't go into them. With some solid animations, this could be really fun, characteristic model. Team Color is great.

Good luck on the Contest!

Level 18
Finally, thanks to the deadline extension I have re-done the gold and wood animations, please enjoy and comment.
Edit: I just noticed that Walk and Walk Gold need some extra work, after I speed them up some frames pop out of place. A twik after the contest.

@Raider Neoh

Their walk animation looks very slow
Yeah, agreed. I have speed up the anims a bit. Also ingame you can speed up the walk anim, so this shoudn't be a problem.

@Casper the Friend

The Stand Work is funny. Although the Walk Animation is slow it can be changed at Object Editor in WC3 World Editor. Remove the team color in the Kobold Shovel and its fine. The Portrait seems to be weird. Work more on it :)

Nice Idea and Good Job!
Thanks for the comments. About the things you pointed out:
  • All walk anims have being speed up a little, plus as you said they can be also modified on the map-editor.
  • The Kobolt shovel texture without TC looks bad, most likely I will just find a better texture for the metal part of the shovel.
  • Previous portrait was plain awful, done in the last minutes of contest. Although I'm not sure if I like the new one, you might want to help me evaluating the new portrait.

@BlackRangerXIII

Hey @Astaroth Zion.
Do you know why this model is great in pirate maps?
Because even pirates need a "Skeleton" Crew?
Hehehe indeed, this crew could totally work for a fantasy pirate map.

@Edge45
I really like the idea of this, the texture fits well (except for that shovel). Animations needs work but good job :)
OT:
The shape of the skeletons look rather hilarious.
Ty, about the shovel it was the only "shovel" texture ingame, yet I bet I can find a better metallic one that can do the trick (wood handle seems fine to me).
BTW I have added a bunch of anims to improve the versatility and provide more lolz.

@Kyrbi0
Thanks Kyrbi0, it was also a blast to make such a model. BTW I have added a bunch of extra anims (mostly Gold and Lumber variants) to spice the model up and add versatility.
However, I would love to rework again some anims and develop more the personalities of the crew members. (Ideas on extra anims for after the contest are more than welcome).

Last edited: