• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

=+=Model workshop=+=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Not really, it's not the same, the opening and the standing animations are soooo different...

This diablo style portal needs a 1s opening animation, similar to an opening eye rotated 90degrees (well can't describe any other way atm :D) but with the in-game one you can only get this animation speed (the animation is still different) if u set the animation to ~500% for a second, but if u don't look at the other end, you will see the opening animation with normal speed, and even if you go around it, it's really not the same :p (whew, what a long sentence :D)

Diablo's portal has a "feeling" of that game in it, and he wants to get that feeling instead of a generic portal used in every second game-which I am really tired of... It looks good, but if you saw it 200 or 500 times... Well it's just not good...

Level 26
but it's still WIP :p

If you intend the request to be a scratch model, you are naive if you expect to get it within a week. Check out the list. You'll be at about place 22. Also, my request is a list of over 20 buildings and units.
Thus, you have a waiting list of requests about 40 models ahead of you. One model made within a week is the best time you'll get, if that. 40 times 7 equals 280 days. Roughly a year and that's the best case scenario. If you want someone to speed it up, I think you should contact good modelers and ask if they want to participate in completing the requests. There's just one scratch modeler after all. XD

If it's not a scratch model, then I'll side with Bugz. I mean, there's not a big difference with yours and the in game. Then again, you could ask the creator of the stargate models here.
If you removed the geosets that make up the frame around the portal itself, you would have what you requested here.

Edit:
Oh wait, one of the modelers said that? So you're simply going by easiest first and harder later? Damn, I'll never get any of my requests done here. ;S
I suppose I need to figure out a backup plan. Oh well, shit happens.

Level 15
If you intend the request to be a scratch model, you are naive if you expect to get it within a week. Check out the list. You'll be at about place 22. Also, my request is a list of over 20 buildings and units.

If it's not, then I'll side with Bugz. I mean, there's not a big difference with yours and the in game. Then again, you could ask the creator of the stargate models here. If you removed the geosets that make up the frame around the portal itself, you would have what you requested here.

I'm not a modeller (well at least not for WC3), and my request is already taken :p If you take a look at my posts you will find out that the album I linked is NOT mine but rysnt11's. And the stargate portal without the geoset is just a flat pool of water, but diablo's portal is a bit more than that :p I didn't expect it to be done so fast, but from the point it's now it shouldn't take that long (well if rysnt has some time to finish it)

If it's not, then I'll side with Bugz. I mean, there's not a big difference with yours and the in game.
I must admit you don't have the soul of a true diablo player :) Sounds like you never played diablo for real, else you would understand the meaning of that portal :D

Edit:
I don't think they go from the easyest to the hardest, but as far as I see rysnt priorize requests which take his attention ^^
//Oh and sorry for going off-topic this far ;)//

Level 16
I'm not a modeller (well at least not for WC3), and my request is already taken :p If you take a look at my posts you will find out that the album I linked is NOT mine but rysnt11's. And the stargate portal without the geoset is just a flat pool of water, but diablo's portal is a bit more than that :p I didn't expect it to be done so fast, but from the point it's now it shouldn't take that long (well if rysnt has some time to finish it)

I must admit you don't have the soul of a true diablo player :) Sounds like you never played diablo for real, else you would understand the meaning of that portal :D

Edit:
I don't think they go from the easyest to the hardest, but as far as I see rysnt priorize requests which take his attention ^^
//Oh and sorry for going off-topic this far ;)//

Blizzard made a excellent model for the portal. Use it

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Blizzard made a excellent model for the portal. Use it

2nded anyways I think everyone here (including me) just takes requests that we know we can actually do without making a piece of junk that isn't worth uploading to the models section.

People need to stop requesting scratch units =P They take a ton of time...

Level 26
2nded anyways I think everyone here (including me) just takes requests that we know we can actually do without making a piece of junk that isn't worth uploading to the models section.

People need to stop requesting scratch units =P They take a ton of time...

The thing is, model edits usually end up as pieces of junk that doesn't even get in to the model section even if ya wanted them to. XD

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Another request. It's much more easier and just a Grape Vine doodoad.
Type: Scratch
Category: Doodoad
Pic:
OB_Flora_Grape_Vine.jpg

Others: An animation would be nice.

If you get a basic custom texture done for the leaves I'll take the request, I couldn't find a decent texture in the .MPQ .

Level 15
No, i am just giving you a usefull tip, you can get it's animations edited, since scratches is alot harder then animations, and there are so many good animation makers out on hive

Yep, but still it's so far from what I want... It's like using blademaster as the model of Ichigo or Naruto - well, from effectiveness it could work as if you trigger the skills correctly it's not such a problem but still imagine if you had to see the same characters in every manga, book, artwork :p
People need diversity ;)

EDIT: rysnt- Understood Sir! :)

Last edited:
Level 2
Type:
Turret

Refrence Pic:
Heavy Bolter: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3157/2835785616_cd8c975335.jpg
Lascannon (Alternate): http://www.cloudcatstudio.co.uk/img/minis/290309 cadian hvy_weapons/cadian_hvy_lascannon01.JPG

Animations:
Stand
Stand Alternate
Death *
Death Alternate *
Attack
Attack Alternate

The animations marked with * are not mandatory, but it will be welcoming if they are included. The attack animations should be just a single shot.

Other:
The request is just about the turret, without the soldiers or the ground. Detail is completely unneeded, as the model will be seen from a camera with increased distance to target and field of view. It will be used in a Warhammer 40,000 tactical map.

Texture:
As seen on picture or simply green with metalic at some spots.

-------------------------------------------[EDIT #1]-------------------------------------------

• TriEdgeAi: can you give more details from many sides?
  • kunfury: corrupted Night Elf?, some sort of 'purple'ish building, and units?

I hope this clears it out a bit more:
Heavy Bolter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM97W1JZocQ&hd=1
Lascannon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXt-ZcBvheE&hd=1
Notes: As I said, just the guns, without the sandbags or the soldiers. =)

-------------------------------------------[EDIT #2]-------------------------------------------

Oh, by the way, you might wanna use the same texture for both, 'cause it's basically two variants of the same gun - one fires explosive bullets (bolts) and the other one fires laser beams.

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Oh yeah... Kind of forgot that. It's in 50 post per I think...

Level 19
Three requests here:

Refrence Pic:

PokkeVillage.jpg

352px-PokkeVillageimg.PNG

Pokkevillage.jpg

PokkeVillage.jpg

Other: Just the structures there. Please make the roofs more forest/jungle not snowy and also the structures.
Texture: Use your own. Preferably not in-game.

Refrence Pic:

300px-Rendered-felyne.png

Other: No need for the thing it is carrying and the one on its back. Just the cat.

Refrence Pic:

GrtForest-camp.jpg

Other: Just make the tent, make it have textures inside. Also the two treasure chests.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Three requests here:

Refrence Pic:

PokkeVillage.jpg

352px-PokkeVillageimg.PNG

Pokkevillage.jpg

PokkeVillage.jpg

Other: Just the structures there. Please make the roofs more forest/jungle not snowy and also the structures.

Refrence Pic:

300px-Rendered-felyne.png

Other: No need for the thing it is carrying and the one on its back. Just the cat.

Refrence Pic:

GrtForest-camp.jpg

Other: Just make the tent, make it have textures inside. Also the two treasure chests.

I'll take requests 1 & 3, but only if you supply the custom textures.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Didn't think that I'd be requesting something here, but anyways here is my request.

-Model should be that of the woman in the supplied pictures.
-Armour should be that of the woman and man in the pictures under "Armor".
-Model should have no weapon, shield, or helmet.
-No Team Color should be added anywhere on the model.
-Requires attachment points for the left and right hands.
-Only requires basic animations (attack, walk, stand, death, etc...) but extra animations such as spell casting and whatever else you have time to put in are appreciated.

Sorry about the small size of the pictures, but they were taken by blizzard in '04 on small monitors. The rest of the pictures are in the .RAR file below.

If you need any more info PM me.

Attachments

• Pictures of the Model.rar
    815.9 KB · Views: 44
Level 16
Didn't think that I'd be requesting something here, but anyways here is my request.

-Model should be that of the woman in the supplied pictures.
-Armour should be that of the woman and man in the pictures under "Armor".
-Model should have no weapon, shield, or helmet.
-No Team Color should be added anywhere on the model.
-Requires attachment points for the left and right hands.
-Only requires basic animations (attack, walk, stand, death, etc...) but extra animations such as spell casting and whatever else you have time to put in are appreciated.

Sorry about the small size of the pictures, but they were taken by blizzard in '04 on small monitors. The rest of the pictures are in the .RAR file below.

If you need any more info PM me.

When! When! did wow look like that :eek:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

=P As far as my "research" into the classic version of WoW has told me that picture came from around 2000-2003. Around 2002-2003 Blizzard went away from that look and began turning the game into what it looked like at launch.
I haven't been able to find a picture that was floating around from a few years ago but blizzard once experimented with HDR&Bloom effects along with realistic textures once.

Status
Not open for further replies.