• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

''The Festering Model Workshop''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody!
As the title says, this is the right place for requesting simple models. Only simple? No, i can make high poly ones too.

But enough of the intro, let's get to the practical part! You want a certain model done? Then send me your request as PM. !Read before requesting and posting: this thread is NOT meaned to be used for posting requests. It's only here for letting people be aware of the shop's existence and for posting feedback ofc!.

How it works:
  1. Send me a Private Message (PM) containing your request. It's much appreciated, if the PM contains thumbnails or links to a picture of how the model should look about. If there's no picture available, a good discription will do as well.
  2. I'll answer as soon as i can to your PM. Not all requests are going to be accepted! So don't cry if yours is one of the rejected, there will always be an explanation why.
  3. Be patient! Making models takes time, so please don't expect me to finish a model per day. This would result in models of utter-rubbish-quality. If your model got accepted, i'll send you regularly PMs containing the unfinished work, so that you can keep track of the progress.
  4. Once the model is finished, I'll send it over to you. If you agree (read below), I'll upload it in the model section.
    If you want to have the model solely for you, it will be kept confidential, saved on my PC. Just write in your request-PM if you agree to have it uploaded or not. IMPORTANT: DON'T UPLOAD THE MODEL AS YOUR OWN WORK!!! I'll always upload a picture of the model in my albums before sending it to you. So if you intend to upload it as your work, i won't hesitate to report it!
  5. Once you have received the model, it's up to you if you want to donate a little reputation to the shop or give me credits! Giving me credits and/or reputation is by all means NOT a must! Although, credits in your campaign and/or map would be appreciated! Besides that, a little kindness goes a long way....... the more friendly you request a model and the more patient you're in waiting for the final result, the better it will be and your future request will also be more likely to get accepted. :wink: !!IMPORTANT!!: leaving a feedback is only permitted to those whose contract was accepted and executed. Bad messages due to rejection of your contract are NOT permitted. You can spread those messages in the chat or elsewhere if you want, but the feedback in this thread is just for customers!!
  6. Model fixing services are also available! There's also a warranty on the models made by me! Should there be something you don't like on the model, feel free to tell me that, I'll fix it asap! But please, if there are more things needing correction, then tell me all at once! Don't tell me each correction separetely.

With the good things, requirements and musts discussed, let's move on to the Terms of business. There are 12 simple rules in my shop.
  1. Only model and model concerning requests and are accepted!
  2. Creating a custom skin for you is out of discussion. My skills in skin-drawing are lesser than low and this would mess up the model and eventually result in accusement of CnPing (Copy aNd Paste) or ripping (stealing)!
  3. Only a certain number of requests will be done at the same time. That number will vary, as not all requests are equally easy or hard to make. I'll always contact you, if i'm currently to short of time for accepting your request! This DOESN'T mean that your request got rejected. It only means that you will have to wait in the queue until I start working on your desired model. At the bottom of this post is written how the shop's activity currently is. You're best advised to check that before sending me a PM.
  4. Don't start pushing and demanding in a rude or rough sound! If you do so, your request will wander to the trashcan and i won't accept further contracts from you! What is in this case accepted, is to tell me that you would want to have it finished in a certain time (i.e. you can write in the request PM things like this: "I would like to have it finished until next week''). IMPORTANT: claiming your request as urgent won't move your request to the top! The requests are being done in the row they have been ordered.
  5. As mentioned above, requests are only accepted in PMs! DON'T ever post your request in this thread! It will be ignored! This thread is just for leaving feedback (if you want) and posting ideas and comments!
  6. Rip-Model-Requests (including demands of adding parts or skins from other people's models and ripping from other games) AREN'T accepted under any circumstances! This also includes edits on other people's models. As long as i don't have the original owner's permission, the model won't be edited!
  7. This is a shop of THW, so the general rules of this site (especially concerning offensive material) are for this shop too! Requests about these materials will be sent to the trashcan right away! If you're not familiar with the rules, then click on this link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/faq/
    !!!Little Change: due to the change of the Hive's rules regarding ressources there's a little change about the formerly called ''Rips''. Models exported from other games, which's rights are owned by Blizzard Entertainment (like World of Warcraft), WILL BE SERVICED now. Just read the Hive's rules. Wow-exports (formerly rips) are included in the serviced things now, as they're accepted by both Blizzard and Hive.
  8. Model fixing requests are usually (not always) done immidiately. The shop is at any time open for model fixes. Such ''repair'' requests AREN'T affected by the model request rules or shop activity (except the ''Holiday rule'' below)! Although offensive material is NOT going to be fixed!
  9. The only rule that affects all kinds of requests is the Holiday & Break Rule. This means when the shop is marked as ''Temporarly on holidays'' or ''Temporarly break-closed'' there will be no requests done or models fixed! Request-PMs will be answered usually.
  10. You can also ask me to finish incomplete models, like animating or reskinning them, as long as the skin is either ingames or self-made! Using a custom skin from another person's model is NOT available and falls under the category of ''ripping'' and/or ''theft''!
  11. I don't edit and/or make models privately (outside of THW)! I only offer ''IN-Hive-services'''!
  12. Should you send me for editing another person's model or a ripped one or a direclty-taken from another game without telling me that, the responsibility for the bann (should it go that far) and/or further consequences will be SOLELY YOURS AND NOT MINE! You have been warned! If i edit a rip for you without knowing it, the requester IS HOLD responsible, NOT me! The requester will be immidiately moved to my ignore list and NEVER serviced again! Request for edits on other people's models will only be serviced if the original owner gives me his/her permission! This is not matching for models from other games (i.e. even if you have the permission from the company of the other game to use their resources, it won't be serviced by me!)!

Current Shop Activity: a LOT of contracts atm! No new ones started! Workshop should be considered closed for the next month, Must finish a huge sum of contracts and some models of mine.
Current Request Acceptance: No new ones accepted!
Free Space For Reqeusts: space for up to 0 more requests currently! Further requests will be checked and discussed later!

The shop is always open for comments and ideas!

By the way, here are some pictures of things I've done so far: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/191965-albums5269.html

Last edited:
Level 10
nice nice ;), mabe me and u can model together :D, i use milkshape, but im still kinda learning. how long have u been modeling for :p

and how long do u think it would take you to make this?

Attachments

• DBoM.png
    DBoM.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 250
nice nice ;), mabe me and u can model together :D, i use milkshape, but im still kinda learning. how long have u been modeling for :p
for a while now. Almost a year i think. :goblin_yeah: O.K. you're welcome if you want to join the club :wink: What are your skills in Milkshape currently? Do you know how to skin and animate?

and how long do u think it would take you to make this?
dunno.....but if it's a request then send me a PM with the details.

PM'd my request. Pretty sure it's the easiest one you'll get. >_>
as said in the PM, i don't make custom skins. I'll try to make the model using inamge skins.

how good are you at animating cuz i need a model with lots of animations like alternative animations

depends on what i must animate. I'd rate my skills as ''average'' the maximum. That can be done with MDLVIS or by animtransfer. If you have a request, send in PM, don't post it here.

Level 10
if you (OP) need a skin for any requests you get you can try me
if i ever have time you might get something

thanks for the offer ^^ i might need one sooner or later.

hmm, if you have time take this one http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/model-request-208232/
the bounty is 2-4 rep, but i will probally add you 4, cuz i need it fast and if i request it yhere i know it is in progress.
hope you'll accept this one
and please, when you're finished, let me know :D

please read discription next time :fp: ''this thread is NOT for posting requests." Just for the future please, send me requests ONLY via PM.

Question how did you use animation transfer i used it but it turned the transferred mdx into a file
what exactly do you mean? If it's about geomerging, simply make your model and look in Magos for the animations you want it to have (i.e. you made a blood elf ranger and you want it to have the anims from Sylvanas windrunner --> save the model of Sylvanas, remove ALL of its geosets, then save it as <name>.mdl. Save your model as .mdl too. Than open the geoset merger and merge them together. After that, open the new model in Magos and apply the skins to it. When this is done, open the model in MDLVIS and assign the vertices to the corresponding bone.). I think there are tutorials like this. Just check out the tutorial section. I was planning to upload a tutorial about modelling sooner or later. :wink:
animtransfer is a bad choice for working with, it only works properly on models that have exactly the same skeleton. :thumbs_down: It's a bad strategy to use it in custom made models. The way model is closely related to this, but easier and lesser frustrating. The only disadvantage my way has, are the many steps involved. :goblin_jawdrop:

Level 9
what exactly do you mean? If it's about geomerging, simply make your model and look in Magos for the animations you want it to have (i.e. you made a blood elf ranger and you want it to have the anims from Sylvanas windrunner --> save the model of Sylvanas, remove ALL of its geosets, then save it as <name>.mdl. Save your model as .mdl too. Than open the geoset merger and merge them together. After that, open the new model in Magos and apply the skins to it. When this is done, open the model in MDLVIS and assign the vertices to the corresponding bone.). I think there are tutorials like this. Just check out the tutorial section. I was planning to upload a tutorial about modelling sooner or later. :wink:
animtransfer is a bad choice for working with, it only works properly on models that have exactly the same skeleton. :thumbs_down: It's a bad strategy to use it in custom made models. The way model is closely related to this, but easier and lesser frustrating. The only disadvantage my way has, are the many steps involved. :goblin_jawdrop:

what i mean is when i used it the animation transfer the output file was not mdx it was a file that could not be opened by anything

how long you need to make a model in average? so ill know about when you will take requests again xD
Depends on the model. Attachments are very easy task and fast-made, ''organic'' models take considerably more time. :fp: as written above, you can send me at anytime a request via PM, I'll answer it asap. But the request will be served later! I just write on the shop the reqeust-status atm, in order to avoid getting loads of urgent requests.

@Markos
Oh, you better use the MDLXConverter (on tools section) to convert to .mdl than using magos. Because Magos' .mdl often to bug and crash, I use magos only to save .mdx.
hm, i only have that when trying to save a portrait file as .mdl, otherwise there were never problems with it, if you mean with Magos this program too: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/war3-model-editor-62876/. For converting portraits to .mdl MDLXConverter is the only tool.

what i mean is when i used it the animation transfer the output file was not mdx it was a file that could not be opened by anything
hm, animtransfer usually saves the models in .mdl. If you don't sent me over the trouble-model, i can only guess what may has happened. Though i think the problem is that you just set the <model name> in the output field. The correct way would be this: <model name>.mdl. Besides this, putting the same name to the output file as any of the input stuff causes problems too, but in both cases it warns you.

hey markos....just wondering whether youre still working on models?? because this thread seems to be dead Oo
Ofc I'm. But please, requests, corrections and questions about progress are being asked via PMs (read Terms of business and below)

Ahem, the model requests is handled through PMs and the thread is just for info/discussion.
correct! Progress and corrections are also to be asked via PMs.

Level 4
Anyone wanting a request done, I can highly recommend Markos3520 , he is a great modeler and has completed some great models for me... also be sure to +rep him for this outstanding work!

Level 16
Suggestions

hi i am a fan of the game 'where's the invisible elephant' and would like a model of this elephant

i want two types of the elephant, one being indian, the other being african

thankyou
I just hope he does not ignore.

My suggestion is that you get better advertisement for this. You should probably make it pop in your public profile or in your signature. You may not wish to do so if don't want too many requests, However.
Good luck.

Level 14
"The Festering Model Workshop" is something very epic!!! I LOVE it!! Uncle Fester is such a nice guy! He made a change in a normal War3 model for me in no time! I REALLY needed that change. I thought it will take around 2, maybe 3 days, but after 20 minutes i saw a PM with the changed model, just as i wanted it to be!

I am really happy and satisfied! Nice job! =)

"The Festering Model Workshop" is something very epic!!! I LOVE it!! Uncle Fester is such a nice guy! He made a change in a normal War3 model for me in no time! I REALLY needed that change. I thought it will take around 2, maybe 3 days, but after 20 minutes i saw a PM with the changed model, just as i wanted it to be!

I am really happy and satisfied! Nice job! =)

thx for the feedback! You're welcome at any time, my friend. :wink:

Level 12
Here's some more praise for Uncle Fester.

I requested a model that I thought would be fairly difficult to achieve how I had envisioned it. After a little while of rallying information so he could understand what I had in mind, he quickly whipped up a WIP for me to check on his progress, ask questions, request changes, etc. He finished up what he needed to do and had it to me pronto.

He's good at understanding what is being requested, and is great at making the request into a reality. I highly recommend asking Uncle Fester if you need any kind of model made. :)

Thanks again, mate. I was very unhappy when I could not find a model the suit the unit it was supposed to be, and I'm glad you were here to fix that problem for me, :D

Here's some more praise for Uncle Fester.

I requested a model that I thought would be fairly difficult to achieve how I had envisioned it. After a little while of rallying information so he could understand what I had in mind, he quickly whipped up a WIP for me to check on his progress, ask questions, request changes, etc. He finished up what he needed to do and had it to me pronto.

He's good at understanding what is being requested, and is great at making the request into a reality. I highly recommend asking Uncle Fester if you need any kind of model made. :)

Thanks again, mate. I was very unhappy when I could not find a model the suit the unit it was supposed to be, and I'm glad you were here to fix that problem for me, :D
I'm glad to help my neffews :wink: and share my ideas with them. Sharing is caring :wink: and the Hive's dearest Uncle just loves caring for his neffews :wink: you're a good customer, Vizel, and give very precise discriptions. Easy to understand and very good concept pics. You're welcome @ ''The Festering Workshop'' @ any time :goblin_yeah:

Level 22
Please, ask me such things via PM in the future. If you have the permission to use it as a skin yes, but keep in mind that rips (except stuff from other blizz games) aren't serviced!

Whoops, forgot about that PM, was in a rush.

And no I don't have permission to use it, it's a stock photo, stock photos are allowed to be used as textures based under THW rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.