• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Stretching to Edge of the Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
While in-game, the model I am working on stretches off to the edge of the screen. I've been having problem after problem, and whenever I solve one I run into another haha. Does anyone know the cause of this? It seemingly works in any model editor, but errors in game as seen.

Attachments

• 1622959591217.png
    1622959591217.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 29
  • 1622959711231.png
    1622959711231.png
    246.6 KB · Views: 27
Level 7
The only errors I received in sanity tester had to do with too many vertices in one geoset (original model: riggingOrgiginal.mdx). I tried splitting the geosets (riggingSplitGeosets.mdx) and I had the same issues. What I currently have is attached, thank you for the assistance.

Attachments

• model.rar
    17.3 MB · Views: 28
When I added a do-nothing Stand animation for this model, and then added some default position animation data to the bones of the model, I found that it would load ingame. This modified version still has no animation visually, but by giving it empty/default values for animation data, then it was no longer appearing in a glitched manner for me. This is a bit of an inexact science since the game does not report an error regarding what was wrong, so I just was tinkering with the data trying to bring it closer to the style and format of how the models that come with the game are stored.

1623464694010.png

You also might want to try storing this model in the Reforged format. If you do that, maybe it will have better support for overcomplex models, since in my opinion the data included in the Reforged ingame assets is overly complex in ways that are similar sometimes to your model here.

Edit: Dont use the version of the model I uploaded actually, the animation is not totally in the starting position, so it's actually offset a bit on accident

Edit 2: For extra fun I imported some animations and weapons on this rig and used her to kill a bunch of peasants. Get inspired! You can do it

Attachments

• E.mdx
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.