• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stretching screen..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
So I've got a laptop with a Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express chipset family.

My Laptop Isn't the strongest of laptops and its not really a gaming laptop (At ALL) but I still like to occasionally play some games like Counter strike, wc3, Fear combat etc with friends.

Problem is, for some of the more needy games I like keeping the resolution at 800x600 or 1024, to keep my FPS from flopping. While my computer desktop runs at 1280x800.

See the thing is, I want to set it at 800x600 but then I just get a tiny little screen, that I suspect is even smaller than the resolution.

I'm not explaining this clearly, basicly I want to play games at a lower resolution than 1280x800 which my laptop runs and stretch the screen to fit even at the loss of picture quality.

I've checked all the graphics options, the only solution I found is actually lowering my entire PC's resolution (Desktop) to a lower resolution which makes the game stretch to fit. But its annoying doing that back and forth before and after I play games

Level 6
It's just your laptop on my desktop with low resolution it automatically stretches any game to fit unless you have it set to run windowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.