• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Radeons New Mobile (Laptop) Polaris Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
So the new Polaris cards by Radeon featuring the new 14nm architecture appears to be big news. AMD is boasting the ever closing performance gap between mobile and desktop variants between their new GPUs with massive power savings over previous models. Their desktop variants were brought out a couple of months ago, but AMD remain quiet about the release of their mobile (laptop) variants.

Radeon RX 460M (Laptop)
Radeon RX 470M (Laptop)
Radeon RX 480M (Laptop)

I'm curious if anyone here has heard any news regarding the laptop releases of the Radeon Polaris lineup? I'm in the market for a budget gaming laptop, so I'm trying to get some more info on how long I should expect to wait.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Are you planning on going to gaming meet-ups or have the imminent urge to play on the go? If neither I encourage you to buy bad af laptop, use Linux on it and allocate the money you just saved into desktop PC.

Level 16
Haha, I thought I'd get that answer. I'm aware of the performance and cost gap between desktops and laptops. Unfortunately A desktop doesn't suit my lifestyle, and thus a gaming laptop is the solution. It seems the new Radeon cards might offer me the performance I need, but at a price I can afford. Just started this thread to see if anybody had some idea when they would bring their new laptop GPUs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.