• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pretty Major Laptop Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
So with the summer starting up soon, finals week approaching, and the current state of my laptop, I decided to invest in an upgrade that was HIGHLY overdue. Below I'll post the Specs for my current (crappy) laptop, and the new one I bought. I wasn't into the whole building my own for the sake of simplicity, I'll be doing that my senior year of high school because then it will be more optimum when technology has advanced even further. Anyways, I hope that this new laptop will be able to do some more than the nonsense one I have now.

Specs
Model: Gateway MA3.
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 Mobile Technology ML-34
RAM: 1 GB DDR2
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium x86 32-bit
Optics Drive: Missing (It broke off the track, so I took it out)
Video Card: ATI Mobility RADEON XPRESS 200
Hard Drive: 104 GB
Specs
Model: Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E430 Laptop
Processor: Intel Core i5-2450M Processor (3M Cache, 2.50GHz)
RAM: 4GB DDR3
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
Optics Drive: Intact (Hopefully)
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics (WWAN or mSATA capable)
Hard Drive: 500 GB
Wireless Card: Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 (2x2 BGN & BT4)
If I had more money, or wanted to build a computer, it would have turned out better.

Level 15
I am not sure if the graphics were an upgrade or not. Apparently Intel graphics have improved over the years but they are still laughable compared to most dedicated processors.

No, it is, by alot, an Xpress 200 is about as powerful as a Radeon 9200 SE, the Intel 3000 is about as good as a Radeon 9800 XT.

In Nvidia terms it's about an FX 5200 64bit vs a 6800LE, it's barely within the playable range of Starcraft 2 on Low

Status
Not open for further replies.