• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anybody good with Laptop specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since i always used desktops, Laptops are not what i would call "My Type". I need 1 for Sc2, and i should point that i don't have that big of a budget. I need it to run Sc2, even barely.

Here be ze link

Processor Type: Intel Core 2 Duo T9400( 2.53 GHz, L2 Cache)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Business & XP Professional DVD Processor speed in
Ghz: 2.53
Memory Type: DDR3
Memory: 4096
Capacity of HDD: 320GB HDD
Speed in rpm: 5400
Sound Card: on board
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce 9200M 128MB
Optical drive: DVD RW DL
Card Reader:
icon_tick.png
Compatibility with Memory Card: SD Memory Card, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, MultiMediaCard, xD-Picture Card
Panel Type: TFT
Screen Size in Inches: 15.4
Analysis: 1680 X 1050
Model: WSXGA+
Number of Ports USB 2.0: 3
Bluetooth:
icon_tick.png
FireWire (IEEE 1394): 1
WiFi: 802.11b/g/Draft-Ν
Moreover Ways Association: N/A
Battery Type: 8-cell Lithium Ion
Pointing Device: Touch Pad
In addition: N/A
Weight in Kg: 2.8
Dimensions in mm (H x W x D): 38 x 363 x 260
Manufacturer Website: www.fujitsu.com

Level 5
the specs look good but pls note some points...

Processor:
1) one of the T series, which are usually slower than the P serie because P stands for Penryn which are 45nm, not 65
2) core2duo != dualcore, core2duo is the older technology which is slower
3) 2.53 GHZ are enough for scII

RAM:
4 GB ddr3 are just perfect for scII

Video Card: i dont know this specific video card but it got terribly bad benchmarks so it probably will not perform quite well with scII

if you want a gaming laptop look at:
1) that it has a graphics card, not a graphics chip, look at benchmarks (30 fps on low details in crysis would be quite nice)
2) min: 3GB (and if you use 64 bit, min: 4 GB) RAM
3) min: 2 GHZ (better dualcore than core2duo :D)

my laptop specs are:
2.1 ghz dualcore
4gb ddr2 ram
radeon hd 4650
400 gb HDD with 7200 rpm

starcraft II runs with 60 fps on medium details on this laptop and on 30 fps with high details (both in max resolution, 1600x900)

Level 22
Medium is something new, it's not the unanimated portraits you have in beta or the no particles in beta. Here in released SC2 Medium settings = High settings - shaders. it started lagging me on High but Medium runs perfectly and it's like High just no shaders, so you can play on that settings. But you need a better graphics card. Make it 512MB

Level 5
Medium is something new, it's not the unanimated portraits you have in beta or the no particles in beta. Here in released SC2 Medium settings = High settings - shaders. it started lagging me on High but Medium runs perfectly and it's like High just no shaders, so you can play on that settings. But you need a better graphics card. Make it 512MB

yep forgot to mention

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
core2duo != dualcore, core2duo is the older technology which is slower

Uhhhh.....
wikipedia said:
In terms of features, price and performance at a given clock frequency, Pentium Dual-Core processors were positioned above Celeron but below Core and Core 2 microprocessors in Intel's product range.
Thus your post loses a lot of credability.

Core2Duo is old but it was replaced by the I3 range, (also some dual core varients of the I5). As far as intels structure went it went celeron -> P dualcore -> core2.

one of the T series, which are usually slower than the P serie because P stands for Penryn which are 45nm, not 65
It is only slower if the clock is lower. Yes however I agree clocking is usually higher (although not always).

Level 5
with nvidia cards, the 2nd number is what matters for performance. so 9200 is not for games, you need to look for one at least 8600 or 9600 or 260 for decent game performance.

Level 11
with nvidia cards, the 2nd number is what matters for performance. so 9200 is not for games, you need to look for one at least 8600 or 9600 or 260 for decent game performance.

Yup. The first number represents the series. The rest represent where it stands in the range of cards for that series. So a 9200 is a low end card from the 9th generation. While a 8600 is a medium end card from the 8th generation. It might sound surprising but the 8600 is probably better than the 9200.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
However do keep in mind that technologies are advancing so a low end geforce 9 card will have no problems running older games like wc3 (even with AA).

The main problem arrises with mobility cards for laptops which are often named like desktop cards but have a quarter or less of the power. Thuse even a 9800m will have power less than a 9600 but cost a lot more. This is the curse with laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.