• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Stretched Particles Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I've been editing one of my older models and encountered an unusual problem...

Two of my model's animations have particle emitters that involve coins dropping out of the unit's left hand. In Magos' Model Editor it displays the effect correctly, but in-game the coins stretch vertically and end up looking like random lines flying out of the unit.

Any advice?

Please keep in mind this model is NOT completed yet and I do not want it distributed or used yet :).

Attachments

• Assassin6.mdx
    236.6 KB · Views: 70
Level 26
OMG i found it, i win :D. nice model btw. try this

OPEN MODEL > WINDOWS > NODE MANAGER > (PARTICLE EMMITER) MONEY SPIN 2

double click or right click edit this node, [bottom left] set the boxes "ROWS" and "COLUMNS" to "0" instead of "1".

save it and test it.
I dont know why but it worked for me, i think that it has something to do with the texture itself. again it baffles even me but i do believe that that will work.

hope you didnt wait too long for an answer on this thread. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.