• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model disappear near edge ingame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Hey guys,

So I got this model, that I use for various textures. It's just a flat model.

But recently I made it use a new texture and scaled it up to around size 4.00 in the editor (it's used as a floor model). In the editor it seems fine, doesn't disappear near the edge. However, ingame the model disappear near the edge of the screeen.

I've tried to calculate extends using the Model Editor. But that didn't seem to fix the ingame problem.

I have attached the model and the texture to this post. Hopefully one of you guys can solve this problem or tell me what to do.

I use it as a destructible i.e. a walkable doodad.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• DraeneiCityFloor.mdx
    1.3 KB · Views: 46
  • DraeneiCityTexture.blp
    567 KB · Views: 50
Level 29
Since the model works properly when it's not scaled in WE, we can assume the model is correct, but the game's code isn't.
I just tested scaling a footman, and it works properly.
Following that, I did many tests to figure out what exactly is different...and I couldn't come to any conclusion.
No matter how I changed extents, or used collision shapes, in the end the only thing that made it work properly is to manually set the model extent's bounds to a large value.
This is very weird.
Unless someone understands why this happens, I suggest you to instead scale the model, and in-game scale down if you need smaller tiles.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
This model doesn't use any animations, so the first would be an ideal attempt.
edit the vertices
Where can I do that in the War3 Model Editor? I can't seem to find it.

EDIT: Ahh, wait found it under Geoset Manager. Do I have to adjust the position of all 4 vertices to a larger value than the current one? Or do I adjust the normal vertex?

Status
Not open for further replies.