• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model disappears in a camera angle (??)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, I have a problem with some models to put on my big map, when I move the cursor up and the console (the bottom of the interface) covers part of the model, the model disappears from the screen, I thought it was a problem of extension, but I turned to compute and contunuo in the same situation.

Hope you can help, because when you place a unit on top of these buildings seems that the unit is in the air because the model disappears at a certain angle, please help!

PD: The same happens in the game and in the editor.

PD: Sorry for the bad English.

In that case, the important thing is to get the extents to be larger than the model's default extents. See this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2393166-post13.html

That thread reported a similar issue. You might want to message Anvil for more information on what he did. According to that post, he made a large cross model with a transparent material and made it unselectable. By recalculating the extents, it will use the large cross's extents instead, which should fix the problem.

Level 1
In that case, the important thing is to get the extents to be larger than the model's default extents. See this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2393166-post13.html

That thread reported a similar issue. You might want to message Anvil for more information on what he did. According to that post, he made a large cross model with a transparent material and made it unselectable. By recalculating the extents, it will use the large cross's extents instead, which should fix the problem.

After using the method I use Anvil to solve the problem , did not fix anything and keeps disappearing . Maybe missing some details to make the solution work.

I hope prompt response , thanks in advance .

PS: there is a limit in the game to get a correct view of a model , perhaps it is something independent of the model .

Edit: My conclusion is that it is something related to the model itself , is more a matter of play , apparently , if the console covers most of the building, the rest of the model disappears. I do not really understand how things work in this aspect of the game , so I hope someone can tell me a way to solve this problem , because most of my buildings are passable and giants that requires fix this.

It can also be a problem with my PC , I'd like you to try to see if by placing a large-scale model is mostly covered by the console , the model disappears.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.