• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model disappearing near edge of screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Hello gents,

So, as the title says, I have a model that I'm using as a doodad. Problem is, that this model disappears near the edge of the screen. Very annoying. The model in question is the tree from the alpha version of Warcraft 3.

How does one fix this issue?

Any help is much appreciated!

LordaeronSummer2000Tree.gif

Woah! So many memories.. Anyway, you can fix the issue as mentioned by Quilnez. Back then Blood Raven didn't calculate extents of any models from the project, I remember having to fix it myself when creating playable map.

Also take note that some models are too small or oversized, they need to be properly scaled. This was because they were exported directly from milkshape. If you need any help contact me. :)

By the way, there is a better model that I had made. It's not exactly 3d... and sadly I no longer have it.

full

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.